Hey everyone!

• 1 Replies
Hey everyone!
« on: July 26, 2008, 04:16:01 PM »
New to this site.  My name is Jess and I am a librarian in Virginia.  Was diagnosed with Thal Minor about 8 years ago but they never did more than give me iron.  Seems they didn't know much about it. 

I've had two miscarriages and I suspect at least one of them may have been caused by thal minor.  We never knew why for our second preg. because she was a normal fetus. 

I am pregnant again, and before conceiving I started prenatal vit. and iron because I was a bit yellow and spoltchy.  But my doc. just called yesterday saying I was anemic.  So, now I need to insist on an iron test and a hemoglobin test so we can see which is causing my problems.  Once I told her that I already take iron and that I am thal minor, she told me to take folic acid.  I just hope that because I took my vitamins before conceiving, that this pregnancy will go the distance.  The other women in my family have had issues during pregnancy as well, my grandma even had a transfusion. 

After reading on this site, I will be paying more attention to my test results and demanding that I get certain ones.  Thanks for creating this place!

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
Re: Hey everyone!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 07:27:43 PM »
Hello Jess,

Welcome on the forum,i hope and wis your pregnancy will go well,there can be some issues which can cause miscarriages in thal minor,search this site for thal minor pregnancies,and you'll find so much,folic acid is a MUST for thal minors,and plz get your hb level and iron studies done.

Wishing you luck,

ZAIN I.
^*^Xaini^*^

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk