Getting back to normal!!!

• 17 Replies

Offline Smurfette

• Me and my Goddaughter
Getting back to normal!!!
« on: August 11, 2008, 11:55:41 AM »
I would like to take the opportunity to let everyone know, that I am finally on the mend...The past few months it has been crazy for me, being on interferon for Hep C with all the side effects that comes with it..

In the end it didnt work the treatment, so I will have to wait till there is something better that comes along, and hopefully with less side effects  :rotfl

I will be more active hopefully...

Take care all...

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
Re: Getting back to normal!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 12:20:12 PM »
Dear Smurfette

I am so happy you are back and i too wish you can find something that can help with virus C. I know it is a difficult problem as interferon deals with version 4 of the virus and there are seven versions. A significant number of people here in my country are suffering from this virus and it is rare to find someone who has positive reaction with interferon. So i can understand what you are saying. Wish you all the best. Will be waiting for your wonderful posts :hugfriend
manal

Offline Ayesha

• Ayesha's Blog!
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 01:57:48 PM »
Hello,

Past few days have been really depressing for me, as i have got to know that i have Hep C, and doctor has written two more test for me, and then i will be meeting concerned doctor.. and about Interferon I have heard there are many side effects...

Can you please tell me what are the side effects? what u went through when u were on interferon? and how long does it take to end the course (Interferon?)?

Take Cares, Bye...
-ayesha
-Ayesha

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 03:16:16 PM »
Smurfette,

I am glad that you are off of the medicine and can return to your normal life.  I wish that the medicine had worked for you.  I wish you all the best as you return to your normal activities. 

Take care,
Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 03:31:43 PM »
Ayesha,

Before starting anything as harsh as interferon, please contact Ambareen and see if she has had any success with natural methods of dealing with hep C. She isn't in Dubai right now as her family is on holiday, but when she gets back, please contact her. We have discussed some natural treatments, including milk thistle herb and onion seeds.

http://www.thalassemiapatientsandfriends.com/index.php?topic=1147.msg9250#msg9250

Interferon is a harsh drug so it may be advisable to check out natural remedies first. I know Aston Dialo has kept his hep under control with milk thistle and supplements.

Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 04:50:52 PM »
Ayesha,

I am really sorry to hear about your Hep C,But what i am unable to understand is that how a person can get Hep C if the blood is properly screened,You always got transfused at the same hospital right from the beginning? and how you came to know about Hep C?

ZAINI.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Ayesha

• Ayesha's Blog!
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 07:13:18 PM »
Andy: thanks alot for the advice/suggestion, am really concerned, but I really didn't get what is milk thistle :(?????? I know but onion seed Ambareen and others have mentioned... but milk thistle? kindly tell me more about it.

Zaini: No, from 2005 we are getting transfusion in Aga Khan, before that we were in Fatimid, but how can anyone say or tell from where he/she got Hep C :)??? I can't say too... and how i got to know, well I met Dr. Usman (Hematologist) few days ago, there he asked me to get the test done...

He has written two more test for me, one Hep C PCR (its an expensive test and it tells how much of virus you have, sumthing like that yea) and second SGPT

I will be getting these test done soon, then am told to meet the concerned doctor, there he will tell me what wud be the next step by checking my reports

hoping for best, and waiting to check what this time Allah has got for me in HIS goody bag.

need prayers

-ayesha
-Ayesha

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2008, 09:13:22 PM »
There are some pics of the milk thistle plant at http://www.thalassemiapatientsandfriends.com/index.php?topic=1147.msg9371#msg9371

It is sold in capsules. It is a very mild herb that is a liver purifier and can also help rebuild liver tissue.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Kathy11

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2008, 10:50:02 PM »
Hi Andy.
I've now been taking Milk thistles  for three months  I swear i can feel the difference  My memory seems to have improved,
I am due for a blood test soon, will, for sure, know the effect on my liver enzymes.
Kathy

Kathy11

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2008, 10:58:04 PM »
Dear Manal ,
This morning, I commenced with the cinnamon and honey concoction, It tasted yuk! yuk! hopefully will do some good. keep fingers cross.

Thank-you for that piece of informations.
 :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend
 Kathy

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2008, 01:59:43 AM »
Ayesha, I wish you all the luck in the coming days, please update us :hugfriend

Kathy, you are welcome my friend.  :hugfriendI hope it woud be of any help to you. please update it us if you find it useful.. i am sorry for the taste :wink

manal

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2008, 03:42:43 AM »
Hi Ayesha,

Sorry to hear about your Hep C.

Anyone who got transfused before the mid 90s is susceptible get it and mostly it just stays in there without causing any trouble (Like mine)

Well, I do hope you are able to get rid of it without much pain.

Praying for you :pray
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2008, 03:44:08 AM »
Kathy,

Wishing you all the best for the test :)
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Smurfette

• Me and my Goddaughter
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2008, 10:36:16 AM »
Wow thank you for your well wishes everyone... :hugfriend

:hugfriend

Ayesha as Andy said its best to speak to your doctor about the side effects, cause everyone is different in the side effects..

Milk Thistle is great for the liver, I am going to start back on that soon, just want to get a few things over with at the moment...

As Sajid said, his Hep C is there, its the same with mine..I dont have any servere problems having it...All my tests are normal...Its just the virus is there and my liver has some inflamation...

Kathy all the best in what ever your taking!!!   :hugfriend

Take care everyone

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2008, 11:43:32 AM »
hi:
i m sorry to hear abt your hep c....
yeah its depresing when u got something  new like this ... its feel very bad .. but my way to handle is... to say my uncle ( who is someone above the friends ) hey i got something new.... lets go to doctor may she will advise new medicine ( i love to try new medicines ) .. well its not the time to  talk like that sorry if you dont like it then ignore ... coze ignorance is the better way than feeling/having  anger  inside  in hear...  i hope u will bring your self out of it bcoze u r a brave girl ... dont feel bad just ran on it .....  welll as you know i m hep B patient as  welll .... and there is no treatment is available for  hep B ... it is still  a killer diseas but i m not affraid of it you can read my post

http://www.thalassemiapatientsandfriends.com/index.php?topic=1870.msg15668;topicseen;highlight=liver#msg15668

its a part of life ...... Take Care
UMAIR
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk