Hi all im Johnny from Melbourme Victoria

• 6 Replies
Hi all im Johnny from Melbourme Victoria
« on: May 04, 2006, 07:38:38 AM »
Hi Everyone,
                Let me start by saying that this is a FAB site.
 Up untill October 2004 I hadent even heard of the word thalassemia let alone the condition or the trauma that you guys & gals have been going through your whole lives. I am deeply ashamed of my ignorence. On the 1st. of October 2004 I met a wonderfull inteligent extremely attractive  woman by the name of Effie. Shortly after I called her one day and heard strange noises in the background (hospital type noise ) upon confronting her she reluctantly told me that she was a thal major. I simply said so big deal. I didnt realise what a big deal it actualy was for her , I didnt realise the stigma that a lot of you guys/gals feel is asociated with the condition. I truely am sorry that the world that we live in has made you feel this way. I for one have since made a consiouce effort with the approval of Effie to educate the people around me & those that I come across in day to day life of the condition & also educate myself on treatments & methods used in variouse parts of the world to see if We can at least make life more confortable ( less transfusions ) for Effie. She is a wonderfull woman as are a lot of other patients that Ive met since meeting Effie many of whom have become close friends.

Exjade seems to be a great product at the moment ( better than injection ) anyway unfortunately its not available in Aus as yet but we are awaiting aproval ( hoping sooner rather than later)

Anyway again thankyou all for the information that ive seen & read so far.

P.S. sorry about the spelling 

Offline Miaki

• Ash and Me Dubai
Re: Hi all im Johnny from Melbourme Victoria
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 12:33:49 PM »
Hello Johnny

Welcome to the group and good to see you finally here also. Incase your wondering who I am its Maria from mtu.

I am sure you will enjoy this forum and  your doing a great job in supporting Effie and she is very lucky to have such a wonderful partner like you at her side.

Enjoy the forum and see you soon at MTU.  Regards Miaki

Offline Danielle

• Beta Thal Major
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 11:52:20 AM »
Welcome to the group, Johnny!  Nice to have you here.  I'm sure you'll feel right at home.   :biggrin

Offline Poirot

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 09:16:46 AM »
Hi Johnny,

Welcome to the group. I am sure you will feel right at home here. And, you are doing a wonderful thing by raising awareness of thal and being a great support for your partner .... more power to you.

Poirot

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 05:31:50 PM »
Hi Johnny

Welcome to the group.. we really need people like you here on the site, who have a great heart to ACCEPT , love and  appreciate a person for what she or he is and not get prejudiced because of any health problem.
It is not their fault that they have a health condition for which we just have a supportive treatment. But I am sure they have a whole lot to offer.. they are intelligent, smart and hard working . They are achievers in their own way. Life has not been very kind to them and they have learnt LIFE the hard way.

I am a mother of a Thal , who is almost 30 years old and doing fine. She too has someone beside her, who loves her for what she is and is a great friend and support to her.

All the very best to both of you ..

shikha mitra

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2006, 05:21:05 AM »
Where's the rest of the post where Johnny intorduces himself?

Offline Danielle

• Beta Thal Major
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2006, 07:13:59 AM »
The rest of what post, AD?  If anything was edited, you'd see that it was edited at the bottom of his post.   :huh

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk