Amino Acids

• 2 Replies

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
Amino Acids
« on: March 02, 2008, 03:11:15 AM »
Hi

As you all know i am going through a new treatment with my son and the doctor has mentioned something that i would like to know your feedback about.

The doctor told me that after we finish the first interval of the treatment with Ahmad, he would like to do amino acids analysis for his body to know if there is any deficiency or increase in any of them.  He said that amino acids is needed in the formation and the build up of all the body functions including the formation of blood and the slight increase or decrease in fractions of these amino acids can cause differnt outcomes that affect all body functions including formation of blood.
He explained that for some reason or another there could be an imbalance of certain amino acids in the body that could be of a genetic cause or malnutriention or any other reason leading to improper functioning which may worsen the thalassemia. So it could be affecting the thal indirectly.

He also mentioned that there are other tests which are important to the know such as the percentage of heavy metals in the blood and also something else called microbiotic.

Unfortunatly none of these tests are done in Egypt,but i will see what i can do

Take care
Manal

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
Re: Amino Acids
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 12:02:57 PM »
Hi Manal,

I am sorry i don't know much about amino acids,i hope Andy would be helpful as always :) wishing you best of luck with the treatment.

ZAINI.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
Re: Amino Acids
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 02:43:28 PM »
Sorry i dont kow much about Amino Acid ..but if your son is on treatment with amino acid the i think it will b usefull for you ... just make fresh Salad of carbbage and give it to your son ... plz read complet

Cabbage is an excellent source of Vitamin C. It also contains significant amounts of glutamine, an amino acid, which has anti-inflammatory properties.

It is a source of indol-3-carbinol, or I3C, a compound used as an adjuvent therapy for recurrent respiratory papillomatosis, a disease of the head and neck caused by human papillomavirus (usually types 6 and 11) that causes growths in the airway that can lead to death.

In European folk medicine, cabbage leaves are used to treat acute inflammation.[7] A paste of raw cabbage may be placed in a cabbage leaf and wrapped around the affected area to reduce discomfort
Cabbage, raw
Nutritional value per 100 g (3.5 oz)

Energy 20 kcal        100 kJ
Carbohydrates         5.8 g
- Sugars                  3.2 g
- Dietary fiber          2.5 g   
Fat                        0.1 g
Protein                   1.28 g
Thiamin (Vit. B1)     0.061 mg   5%
Riboflavin (Vit. B2)    0.040 mg   3%
Niacin (Vit. B3)           0.234 mg   2%
Pantothenic acid (B5)  0.212 mg  4%
Vitamin B6                 0.124 mg 10%
Folate (Vit. B9)            53 μg  13%
Vitamin C                    36.6 mg 61%
Calcium                         40 mg 4%
Iron                             0.47 mg 4%
Magnesium                   12 mg 3% 
Phosphorus                  26 mg 4%
Potassium                    170 mg   4%
Zinc                            0.18 mg 2%

For more details :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabbage

For pic of this vegetable :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Cabbage.jpg
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk