story of my visit

• 83 Replies

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
Re: story of my visit
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2009, 11:03:32 PM »
Umair

Chewable Osteocare has these trace elements

Average per 2 tablets: Calcium 800mg (100%RDA)
 Magnesium 300mg (100%RDA),
Zinc 10mg (67%RDA),
Copper 1mg,
Manganese 0.5mg,
Selenium 50ug,
Vitamin D (as D3 200IU) 5ug (100%RDA),
Boron 0.6mg

By the way Ahmad started the cheable ones two days ago but the problem is that the tablet is really very big

manal

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2009, 02:54:59 AM »
Manal,,

The problem is chewables aren't available here,and the ones that are available here does not mention any trace elements,only calcium,megnesium,zinc and vitamin D.Lil Z is taking no copper as well,and its hard to find any multivitamin with trace elements which does not contain any iron  :dunno :(.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2009, 03:54:53 AM »
Manal ,
The problem is chewables aren't available here,and the ones that are available here does not mention any trace elements,only calcium,megnesium,zinc and vitamin D.Lil Z is taking no copper as well,and its hard to find any multivitamin with trace elements which does not contain any iron
Zaini is :exactly right , But , if you see this link
http://www.vitabiotics.com/Osteocare/tablet_formula.aspx
Formula 
Nutritional Information Average Per 2 Tablets % RDA
Calcium 800 mg 100
Magnesium  300 mg 100
Zinc  10 mg 67
Vitamin D  5 mcg  100 
Manganese  0.5 mg --
Selenium 50 mcg --
Copper 1 mg --
Boron  0.6 mg 100
mg – milligram, mcg – microgram, RDA – Recommended Daily Allowance (EC)

it shows the trace minerals in Osteocare Tablets as welll , which are not mentioned on Osteocare Tablet's pack which is available here, i didn't understand  is osteocare realy has those mineral mentioned on site and they forgot to mention on pack or osteocare which has being supplied to paksitan is not the same as mentioned on webiste ....

Take Care
Umair
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2009, 02:01:13 AM »
Yes Zaini, I know how frustrating this is :mad
What i know is that too much Zinic cause copper deficiency. Do you have copper alone ???

Umair

osteocare realy has those mineral mentioned on site and they forgot to mention on pack or osteocare which has being supplied to paksitan is not the same as mentioned on webiste ....

Yes this sometime happens to reduce the cost of the product. The kiddie pharmaton that is sold here is manufactured under lisence but it caught my attention that it does not have all the elements as the one from abroad and when i asked the pharmacy , they said that the reason for this is totally concerned with the cost and their ability to market it with a reasonable price

manal
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 04:28:17 PM by Manal »

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2009, 02:14:20 AM »
I am going to purchase 1mg supplement of copper for lil A until I switch to the chewables. 

A nurse at the hospital told me that it is better to give calcium/magesium & other minerals in liquid form because they are better absorbed that way.  Is this true?

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2009, 08:59:14 PM »
Sharmin,
Thanx for valuable information, does it mean's that we have to take Osteocare Liquid instead of Tablets ??/? even that is too short to RDA ( Recommended Daily Allowance) Values in all the vitamin & minerals that it has ( Calcium , zinc, magnessium and Vitamin-D ) ? ??...

Take Care
Umair
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2009, 09:44:25 PM »
Hi buddies ,
i want to mention something here .
Since i started chelation and joined this group , i asked several time to my doctor that , may i take Vit-C during aafter starting desferal , she always said "NO" .  i asked again and again and again but her answer were always a big "NO" , i didn't understand why she were always saying "NO" .
in my Last Visit ( this on this friday ) she prescripted aTablet to me that has Vit-C , i was amazed to see that, when i was asking for Vit-C she awlays said "No" , and when  i haven't asked for Vit-C this time then why my Doctor prescripted me, wat's the matter ???. .... then i realized something that is realy important to share with you people .... here it is :

My S.Fe was around and above than 3000 , thats mean i had alot of Iron in Blood stream . And Vit-C is used to mobilize the iron into blood stream as well . soo it could be dangerous for me at that staged to take Vit-C supplement ..  At that time it could damage my heart as well by mobilizing and putting more iron into blood stream .  And it would useless to take Vit-C at that time bcoze there were alot of iron already in my blood stream ... i think thats why when-ever i asked about Vit-C there Answer were the same (NO) during the past 7-8 months . And when my S.Ferritin is dropped down and came under 2500ng , She Allowed me to take Vit-C  (when i was not asking for that ) .. its mean she " were looking to cope with Iron safely " ..  yesterday i was talking to one of our member, who was previously on 12/6 and 2 vials a day and his previous S.Fe was 9000 . And now he is on 14/6 days a week with 3 vials His S.fe came 14,400...
His S.Fe is increasing instead of decreasing ... then i realized why my doctor said "NO" throughout the time ...

Note , when my result was 3630 , i tried Vit-C several times , and i felt pain i my chest so i decide's to not take vit-C .... and thats why i feel that its neccessory to share with all other thals ...  i hope i m not miss guiding anyone ..  i hope i make the sense .... wat do you say ??? please have your say bcoze it has been a great issue for me throughout the last 5 months ....  i mean't to hurt or dis-grace anyone or to say that i m right & you were wrong ... i m just sharing my thoughts/view .

Best Regards
Take Care
Umair

Here's a  piece of info to prove this :

Deferoxamine (Desferal)

Before receiving this medication
Use in the elderly—Caution when ascorbic acid used concurrently with deferoxamine; older patients more prone to cardiac decompensation with this regimen
[bgcolor=#ffffff]Other medications, especially ascorbic acid
Other medical problems, especially renal disease[/bgcolor]

Here's the link for complete article ....
http://www.drugs.com/mmx/deferoxamine-mesylate.html
======================================

I dont know why my doc is giving Vit-C to the start of his treatment for chelation and why she prescirpted me vit-C after a long time of chelation ( almost 8 months of chelation ) .... two different approaches toward one goal ....  but i m still on my stance to not to take vit-C if your S.Fe is laready high .... i hope all of you would be agree to me ...

Best Regards
Take Care
Umair
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 09:50:52 PM by nice friend »

===========
Umair

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2009, 01:37:07 PM »
Hi All ,
iin my recent visit , i got a big relief , now i m on less desferal days .. only this one is a good news for today ... hummm... i will test hep-C  test , according to this test we will decide if i need interferon therapy or not .. alot more prayers needed .. not only for BSLs but for Hep-C test results too ... a lil worried , i never been soo affraid of anything but Peg-interferon is  sumthing really horrible thing in my view ...

umair
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 08:22:50 AM by nice friend »

===========
Umair

Offline Dori

« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2009, 11:57:46 AM »
Hey,

After a blood transfusion we drove home and had the radio on. Guess what they were talking about? Hep-c, but special treatment for drugs (heroine) addictives. That doesn't matter in this case, becausse I simple learnt how treatment for hep-c works.
I believe it is always hard, and probably more hard when you are anemic.
Since there is no other treatment (so far I know) would I look at it and say 'I gonna beat you both'. (That what I literally said to Exjade).

Don't be too worried and set you mind off and do something nice!!!

Dore
p.s. People for Pakistan: The magazine I read every week has an article about Pollywood. 

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2009, 01:15:48 PM »
hummm,
Hep-C treatment is not only a hard treatment  it is very complicated too , it mean's  more anemia/hemolysis, more blood, more iron, more chelation, and alot more side-effects , and some are really horrible side effects ...  i just got in near around safe range of Fe levels and thinking of going back to high levels and agressive chelation plan is the reason why i m affraid of this treatment ...  and another reason is fast hemolysis in/bcoze of this treatment  ... and after these all probleme in that treatment there's another thing which is causing me worried is Diabetes , i dont know if diabetes will do its impact on this treatment or not but these r the main reasons i m worried about (  i m not counting the other reasons, i m counting only my main concerns in this post) ... after that all , my father want to start ( if its necessory to start) this treatment under observation of my Doc , bcoze of he wpn't take any kind of risk , soo traveling out of city once  a week in sick and weakness condition is looking more difficult .. but let's seee , wat's gonna happen more in my life , hahahaha , now a days life is looking like a boxing match ( as Ahmed (DJ) said) sumtime life punch's hard and sumtime me ..... okiey buddies take care ...

Take Care
Umair

===========
Umair

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2009, 10:38:12 AM »
Out of topic ( its not story of my visit , its my recent test results ) :

Hep-C Virus condition is much better than last time... last time that was 268 and this time it is 68 Thanx GOD ...

Fe :
though i experienced the scenne wat been to me , late desferal's supply and no Desferal for 40 day and there Transfussions and then Ferriprox prob and delay in supply for 2-3 weeks After all these miss happs Thanx GOd my Fe report is almost fine 1299 ..

LFT :
 alkaline phosphateese increased , bilirubin increased . direct bilirubin increased ...indirect bilirubin increased ... Gamma gt decreased , SGPT stable on 72 ....

Hep-B be surface anit-gen :
increased from around 3800 to  around 4100 ...

HBA1c :
that is most worst report this time : 10.3 that mean's my average BSL for past 3months is around 250-275mgdl ( if m not wrong , plz correct me if i m wrong )  ( normal range 4.4 to 6.4 ) ....

i think its a quick n complete update thanx alot buddies for reading this all ... all i wana say is that Nigella + Honey is workinng fine in Hep-C's case  .. u can see the change above ...

Take  Care
Umair
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 11:35:22 AM by nice friend »

===========
Umair

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2009, 01:20:33 PM »
Umair,

These results look good - I am glad to hear it!  I hope that the BSL results will be better next time too.  You are doing an excellent job.  I hope that you are eating regularly :) 

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2009, 09:42:07 PM »
:) i m hpoing the same since a long time that things willbe on track soon ........ :) Thanx Sis ....

Umair

===========
Umair

Offline Dori

« Reply #73 on: August 06, 2009, 09:33:26 PM »
Congrats Umair. Give it time and im sure we see à less naughty bsl.
I havent had Ex. For 5 weeks and forgot to ask my results. But this my second night with my Ex again. Anyway, i Hope you gave have such 5 week break too! I loved it :biggrin

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #74 on: August 07, 2009, 01:47:47 PM »
average daily BSL record of past 3 months around 250-275mg/dl is too high .. yeah but it will come down soon ( hoping that :) ) ..
Anyway, i Hope you gave have such 5 week break too! I loved it
didn't get it :grin :grin .....

Regards
Umair

===========
Umair

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk