hellooooozzzzz

• 50 Replies

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
Re: hellooooozzzzz
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2009, 03:13:47 PM »
Angela,

What dose are you taking right now? Ferritin takes a bit long to go down,if you want to increase your dose,do it gradually,like if you are taking 20 mg/kg right now,don't jump directly to 30 mg/kg,instead start with 25 mg / kg and stay on it for a month,then increase your dose to 30 mg/kg,thats how i hope you'll be able to over come those reactions you faced earlier.
As for ferritin,you'll have to be super patient :) .

Have you talked with your doctor about your SGPT level,its high and you should be monitoring them every month.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline anjjela

« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2009, 03:39:31 PM »
Hello Zaini Baji..

im taking 20 mg/kg/day right now...but ya im concerned about these raised numbers.. :noway
i guess tht would be a right way to increase the dose gradually...so i'll start with 25mg/kg..
i just mailed my reports to Doc..n waiting for his reply...
The only thing which is bad in having a doc so far away is u can't put up a lot of questions and thus im scared of mailing him for even the important ones... :shy
i can be super patient with ferritin if im assured tht it will eventually cum down..so far its rising in big numbers everytime i see my reports :quiver

regards
angela

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2009, 03:45:25 PM »
Angela,

Are you mailing your reports to doctor Tahir Shamsi?

Ferritin will eventually come down,this increase in numbers mean that iron is being extracted from your organs,after being extracted it comes in blood stream that's why a blood test shows high numbers,once you reach your full dose,Asunra will be able to chelate it from your blood,and you'll see a down ward change in ferritin level.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline anjjela

« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2009, 03:49:34 PM »
yes zaini baji....mailing them to Dr. Tahir Shamsi.

wht u said about the extraction of iron from organs...gives me a relief now :yes
thnx

love n regards
angela

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2009, 04:01:51 PM »
Angela,

Raising the dose by 5 mg/kg per day is the correct approach. Once you have verified that you can tolerate 25 mg/kg, you can raise it to the target of 30 mg/kg day. Once are using 30 mg/kg you should see some progress.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2009, 11:19:23 PM »
Angela,

Please ask your doctor how to differniate whether the increase in the SGPT is due to asunra or the hydroxyurea as i remember that you have started both of them at the same time

manal

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk