calcium

• 26 Replies

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
Re: calcium
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2008, 09:42:34 AM »
Can anyone from Pakistan suggest a brand name which contains calcium,magnesium and vitamin D?
I am unable to find the combination and doctors aren't much help.My daughter is taking Chewcal right now which contain vitamin D and calcium.By the way when we tested her magnesium levels in summer they were normal,is she supposed to take magnesium still?

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline sahil

• Thal Major
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2008, 10:58:55 AM »
Centrum Silver does not have iron in it. See the label at http://www.centrum.com/product_detail.aspx?productid=CENTRUMSLVR&panel=tablets

Thanks a lot Andy. I've gone mad searching for a multivitamin. My brains are not working.

\peace/
My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.

Offline Annie

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2008, 11:23:33 AM »
hi friends,
I Have some white spots on my legs and hand.
is it because of lack of calcium or is there any other reason?
plz tell me

« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 11:50:12 AM by anie »
I AM  SUFFERING FROM THALA MAJOR

Offline Smurfette

• Me and my Goddaughter
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2008, 11:43:59 AM »
Anie!!

Those white spots could be from your liver!!! Do you have alot of iron in your liver or do you have Hep C?

they are not because of lack of calcium...

Sahil,

I am not sure about centrum silver its different to the centrum here in australia... We just got a new one and its all Vit B groups...

We have another multivitamin here called SWISSE multi and there is one that doesnt contain any iron or iodine in it...You only take one...

its no use taking a multivitamin with iron..defeats the purpose of chelating..

Hope this helps..

Offline sahil

• Thal Major
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2008, 11:55:38 AM »
Thanks a lot Smurfette!!

Andy has cleared my doubt about Centrum Silver, that it doesn't contain iron.

in Swisse multivitamins there are 5 of them, in which one doesn't contain iron. Please check once, I'm giving the link below. The very first one is the one you're talking about I guess.

http://www.swisse.com.au/content/products/ultivite_specifics/ingredients_mens.asp#glucose

Thanks again!!

\peace/
My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.

Offline Smurfette

• Me and my Goddaughter
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2008, 11:59:40 AM »
Sahil,

Yes the mens formula doesnt contain any iron and there is a women's formula too...I should have said that... lol

So any women out there that  have thal maj and want to take multivitiamis..they surely can..

I do and they are good for you..not only are they a multivitamin they have minerals and antioxidants and herbs..

Thank you..

Offline sahil

• Thal Major
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2008, 12:06:53 PM »
Smurfette,

I'm pretty much sure, like Centrum Silver, Swisse Men's Ultivite Glucose Balance D is also not marketed in India. And I don't have any info whether an Indian Pharmaceutical Company manufactures multivitamins like these two. So, I'll have to call for the drugs which ever I go for. Could you please find out the cost of Swisse Men's Ultivite Glucose Balance D, as I'm not able to find it. It would be of great help Smurfette.

Thanks!!

\peace/

Offline Smurfette

• Me and my Goddaughter
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2008, 12:10:16 PM »
Sahil,

I will try and find out for you..when i go back to work...I work in a pharmacy as a technician...it wont be untill the end of the week...thats when i go back to work on friday...

hope thats ok?

Offline Ayesha

• Ayesha's Blog!
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2008, 12:35:29 PM »
white spots?? I get them on my face near lips, just two small spots and my doctor told me it is because of lack of calcium and when i take calcium they go away...!!!!!!!!

my cousin who is normal get them too, and she take calcium tablets for them too!
-Ayesha

Offline sahil

• Thal Major
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2008, 12:38:09 PM »
Smurfette,

Yeah sure, take your time, I'm not hurrying you ;-)

Thanks!!

\peace/

Offline Annie

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2008, 06:41:25 AM »
Hi Ayesha,
that's what I was saying.
I also Hear it is beacouse of lack of calcium..
I AM  SUFFERING FROM THALA MAJOR

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2008, 08:50:34 AM »
Hi ,
I also Hear it is beacouse of lack of calcium

me too hear that it is bcoze of Calciuum deficiency ...
Can anyone from Pakistan suggest a brand name which contains calcium,magnesium and vitamin D?
@ Zain
i asked abt the supplement like you mentioned, i didn't find , i inquire to Care pharmacy , serveaid pharmacy , and to Fazal din as well but.. noop they all have the routine supplements like  DeCalc , Evion , and Cecon ( vit-C ) .... onething i found and triied is The Vitamin Company's Vitamin-E Supplement .. its my third day on this new brand supplement ..  here is the link about that supplement , they say that it contain's natural vitamin-E ........
http://www.thevitamincompany.net/products.html
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk