no, Asunra's rate:

100 mg: 48
400 mg: 192

and Desirox 500 mg = 156 per tab :)
-Ayesha

Re: Cipla's Desirox
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2008, 12:26:01 AM »
Sharmin

When is the trial likely to be completed? Would there be any documentation from either Novartis/Doctors when the trial is completed?

The reason I am stressing for documentation is only because I do not believe that the doctors here in Australia will put it in practice unless it is properly documented.

At this stage, as far as I know, there is only 1 patient using Exjade in Sydney (using a combination therapy is a long way off).

We may have a cure by then!!!

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2008, 01:59:39 AM »
Sam,

At this time I don't have the details regarding when the study will be completed or when documentation will be available.  I wish that I could be more helpful.  Studies tend to take a long time to complete, I hope that everyone does very well with this study and that it is approved for everyone. 

Doctors need to have the strict guidelines regarding dosages and screening tests along the way.  Until this documentation is available most doctors will not be able to put patients on this therapy.  You can try to contact one of the larger clinics to get more information.  Most of the clinics work together for these large studies.  I believe that clinics in Oakland, New York, Toronto, and England are working together on this study. 

Best of luck and let me know if I can help you with anything,

Sharmin
Sharmin

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2009, 01:06:24 PM »
hi friends,
 how can i get asunra while i am in egypt? anyone can know a way?

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2009, 09:39:50 PM »
Hello Mohamed

This is exactly what we need to do for the Egyptian Thalassemia Association cause as you know donations are so limited probably because of the economic crises :dunno

The problem is that Asunra is manufactured by Novartis and sold in India and Pakistain by prescription only. In the last meeting of the ETA we talked about the possibility of importing it even for the ETA as drugs are given for free to patients,but i doubt that this could happen as why would Novartis sell  Asunra when they are able to sell exjade here

manal

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2009, 09:49:11 PM »
We went through this with Hong Kong too and Novartis explains that they will only sell Asunra at a low price in countries where the incomes are quite low, like in India and Pakistan. Cipla most likely won't sell desirox outside of India. However, Osvah Pharma from Iran makes Osveral, which is the same drug and they sell it at a very low price. Try contacting the company for more information. I met the rep at Singapore and they seem quite eager to get this med to patients at an affordable price.

OSVAH Pharmaceutical Company
·   +982188561269
·   www.osvahpharma.com
    export@osvahpharma.com
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Manal

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2009, 10:45:58 PM »
Thanks Andy, I really did contact them after my return from Singapore, but for some reasons things are not going smoothly (probably no diplomatic relations between the countries i really don't know), so that is why i was hoping for the Asunra.

When ever i mention it in front of doctors, they are amazed to hear about it as it is not known that it is made by Novartis.

I too don't know what is the criteria for Novartis to say if the country has a low income or not, do they have a certain per capita for reference???

manal

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2009, 12:49:46 AM »
Manal,

Another problem that you will run into with Novartis is that Asunra is made by Novartis India, which is technically a separate company. You can try contacting the local Novartis rep and asking about the huge difference in price between Exjade and Asunra and what can be done to help patients in Egypt gain access to Exjade. It's a shame that politics makes it harder for people everywhere to live their lives. The situation with Iran is ridiculous. Idiotic leaders have done a great injustice to a country that has much to offer. Of course, we can probably say the same about most countries. Very few politicians are actually in it to serve.

Business Unit:   Pharma   
Address:   Novartis Pharma S.A.E.   
   P.O. Box 1893   
   11511 Cairo   
   EGYPT   
Phone:   +20 2 2456 7200   
Fax:   +20 2 257 4616   
Site Address:   Novartis Pharma S.A.E.   
   El Sawah Street   
   11511 Amiria, Cairo   
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Manal

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2009, 04:17:06 AM »
Thanks Andy, i will let you know what is their reply

manal

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2009, 02:36:31 PM »
i already contacted osveral as i wished i can do a study in egypt about it. but i stopped contacting them for twp reasons:
-i found it is hard to do my study this year in my work due to bureaucracy and laws in my work. they told me you must complete the master first.
-the price of the drug was 8 dollars per gram!!!!!it was strange way to make a price!!!or even i could not understand.
anyway i will forward you the mail that came to me from osveral so that he can complete what i stopped.
the mail is the following:
(Dear Mohammad el Missiry

Thanks a lot for your email & excuse us for delay.

It would be our pleasure to have any kind of cooperation with you & your center.

Osvah pharmaceutical said welcome to such studies. We want to ask you if it possible please send us more information about your study plan.

We would be glad to support you in the study.

Also about Osveral export price is each gram 8 $ per gram. As you know we could not send drug to your country with out any contract.

In addition these are name of 2 doctors currently using Osveral and you can contact them and we hope they could help you in effectiveness and the side effects of ‘Osveral’ Tablet.

1. Dr Azita Azarkeivan………… Email Add: azazarkeivan@ibto.ir

Mobile No.:09121490645

Assistant Professor of Pediatric Hematology & Oncology 

Chief of Zafar Thalassemia Center

2.   Dr Maryam Jafroodi………Email Add: M_jafroodi@yahoo.com

Mobile No.: 09111318725

Assistant Professor of Pediatric Hematology & Oncology

Chief of the Hematology & Oncology ward, 17 Shahrivar Hospital

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further information.

With Best regards

Zahra Ahmadi

+98 21 88561260- 4 Ext: 3)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk