Desirox - economical

• 3 Replies
Desirox - economical
« on: October 02, 2008, 01:13:55 PM »
hai all!!

i am a new member joined yesterday..i have been on combination of Kelfer and Desferal till june 2008.
now here in our Thalaseamia welfare association of chennai-India our doctors have advised to go for desirox -cipla or asuntra-novartis co..

desirox proves very economical and the results are also good as reported by early users..

thanx and regards
viji

Offline Annie

Re: Desirox - economical
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 06:50:40 AM »
Hello
Welcome to the site..
viji i want to know r u on asunra or taking desirox?
I'm taking asunra but now i'm thinking about desirox
 bt m confused which one is better..
plz suggest me what should i do?

with regards
take care..

I AM  SUFFERING FROM THALA MAJOR

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 02:55:48 PM »
From what I have read, I am assuming desrox and asunra are different names for Exjade - asunra is basically the name for exjade in India and Desirox is a different version made by a competitor.  Am I right?  I hope that the two work equally well.  Is there a lot of documentation available for you?
Sharmin

Offline sahil

• Thal Major
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 04:26:16 AM »
Hi,

Cipla's Desirox is economical, no doubt about that. But, the company hasn't performed any trials of the drug like Novartis had for Exjade. It may be the same drug like Exjade but then trials are important too. I would still prefer Exjade. Its the same cost as desferal here in India. So, desferal was affordable to those who were on it, then they should choose Exjade and not Desirox.

Ciplas's Kelfer did give problems to majority of the thals. Joint pains, drop in counts were the common ones. Trials were done for kelfer, hence the side-effects were known. We know Exjade's side-effects but not Desirox's.

\peace/
My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk