Just wondering how Umair is doing and if anyone has heard from him

• 382 Replies

Offline Dori

Re: Just wondering how Umair is doing and if anyone has heard from him
« Reply #105 on: March 03, 2009, 02:29:21 PM »
Malaria?  :o  It's so sad to hear that! Umair, look after yourself & hopefully the pain and weakness will leave you ssap!

:flowers :getwell :flowers :getwell

Dore

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #106 on: March 03, 2009, 03:54:52 PM »
Oh dear, Malaria!  I hope you feel better very bro, please update Zaini and Tariq so that they can let us know how are doing. 

Take care,

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #107 on: March 04, 2009, 11:03:18 PM »
Umair, my friend.. wishing you a speedy recovery. take care and stay well for us :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend

manal

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #108 on: March 05, 2009, 09:44:12 AM »
Hi ALL ,
Zaini, Tariq, Sharmin, Manal, Maha and Dore, Thank you all for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers in my absence ...  feeling quit well a little weakness is remained, to  that i will heal soon ( if GOD wanted ) .... i m back bcooze i was feeling realy bored and tired of resting on the bed  ... but i learned something to the Malaria that is , never underestimate the enemy hehehehhe i under-estimated mosquitos and mosquitos strucked realy hard OMG ..... anyways , all is well now .... nothing to worry about ....

Take Carez
Umair
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #109 on: March 05, 2009, 10:43:20 AM »
Umair,

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #110 on: March 05, 2009, 11:14:33 AM »
Thanx Zaini Sis :) .... :grin :grin :grin
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline T @ r ! Q

• Beta Thal Major
« Reply #111 on: March 05, 2009, 11:58:24 AM »
Hey Umair welcome back

next time keep moving urself so that mosquitoes dont find a perfect landing spot
Falling down is not defeat... Defeat is when you refuse to get up...
The one who kneels to Allah, can standup to anything.

Offline jade

« Reply #112 on: March 05, 2009, 12:24:25 PM »
Hi Umair

Good to have you back.  If malaria is common at your place, make use of mosquito repellent cream.  There was a time when there was chikungunia here, I closed all the windows and tried every possible way to keep mosquitoes out.  It worked but unfortunately my daughter went to my mother in law's place and caught it there.  My mother in law and daughter both got bitten by the mosquitoes on the same day.

Take care of yourself and investigate that stomache ache.  You should not keep that going.There is a gel for stomach aches which you may have in pharmacies. Do you use that gel?

Jade

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #113 on: March 05, 2009, 12:59:29 PM »
Umair, so happy to hear from you :wink

One tip to avoid having mosquitos, is to put on your skin perfume or eau de cologne that has a smell of lemon. They will just keep away as long as they smell the lemon.

Also you can put in your house citronella oil (it is extracted from different plants) Put the oil in a clay plate and lit a small tea candle under it. The smell coming out of the oil will prevent the presence of any mosquito

manal

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #114 on: March 05, 2009, 01:30:40 PM »
Hi Manal, Jade & Tariq ,
Thanx for the tips buddies , theses are great i will definitely try one by one, .
Jade , My sad story is little similar to your daughter's one . i was pretty much safe but mosquitos took the advantage of the pump which i was wearing right beneath the right arm, and needle was pricked in my upper area of right arm near shoulder, bcoze of that my slaping power was dis-abled .
mosquito saw it and took the advantage of it , otherwise they everytime got slaped to me when ever they planed to bite me , soo you can say that then bitten a wounded young-man ... aah coward mosquitos .... well now security gap has been covered Mortein spray and mortien liquid has been added to inventory. spray to kill mosquitos first and then mortein liquid to all night "suraksha" ( security ) hahaha ...

Manal , its a good idea of using Lemon's smell , i think that i have a body spraythat has lemon like smeel i think that will work ..

Tariq bro , Great idea buddy , but i have another one , i m planning to write a Note and hang that on the door of my room , and that note is " knock and ask for the permission to come inside " no mosquito can knock  if one of mosquito succesfly knock's the door then i will say "No" then mosquito will return back hahahhahhaa ....

Thanx buddies for usefull tips  .... i will try my best to keep my self safe from mosquitos ....  and definitely i will use try these tips as well ...

Best Regards
Take Care
Umair

===========
Umair

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #115 on: March 06, 2009, 09:47:55 PM »
Hi buddies,
i m heere to share another bad news ,... here it is ..
i m hearing back to back bad news about my health ,after  Malaria, i m having swelling on my feet , today i went to visit my Local doctor (he's my docotr since my childhood) for check-up , he told me that swellng on my feet is bcoze of heart function . i dont wat realy matter is but he prescripted a tablet and told me that take pottassium rich fruits ( for example Banana etc...etc...) . i m not worried but feeling realy sad bcoze of these back to back set backs . hope these all things will dis-apear soon ....

Umair

===========
Umair

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #116 on: March 06, 2009, 09:59:27 PM »
Umair,

Are you still taking Kelfer? It will help your heart. Also, if you can ever take IV desferal that will also help. Make sure you are also taking magnesium with your calcium. I know you've been sick but now it's time to catch up on chelation and be very aggressive. IV desferal is advisable.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #117 on: March 06, 2009, 10:21:06 PM »
Umair, 

I am sorry to hear that you are dealing with more troubling news.  Is the doctor sure that the swelling is due to heart function and not with having malaria and being off of your feet for a while? 

I agree with Andy, you should begin IV desferal and continue chelating with L1.  Are you taking L-carnitine?  L-carnitine is very good for heart function - it is being used in Oakland to improve heart function. 

Please take care of yourself,

Sharmin
Sharmin

Kathy11

« Reply #118 on: March 06, 2009, 10:33:43 PM »
Hi Umair,
So sorry to hear of your relapse,
I suggest you ask the doctor to check you Kidney too.
I said that, because having been diagnosed with diabetese , it could be possible that the kidney is not functioning properly and directly affecting your circulation and thus ,retaining fluids which in turn is causing the swellings.
I would also suggest you elevate, your feet whenever possible it help redusing the swellings.
My thought and prayers are with you . Keep on trying you are young still a long life ahead.
Good luck
Love
Kathy

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #119 on: March 06, 2009, 10:49:47 PM »
Hi Andy ,
yeah, i m still taking Deferiprone (But Ferriprox and 500mg 8 tablets a day ) ,  it has been a little long since i took Iv desferal bcoze my thal center is no more permission to use desferal during Tx , i always use my own desferal but they are not allowing me as well , when i asked why they are doing this all ,they answereed it make's difficult for them to judge the reason of Allergy between desferal and Blood, when any patient got any kind of allergy ... i said , i dont have any history of allergy to desferal soo may i use they answeered that it is less usefull during Tx ( only 30%-35% ), soo it will be good and more usefulll if i use it after Tx ... i m not agreed at all but they insist too much soo i gave up .  i m using OsteoCare on the packing of Osteocare written that it has 100% RDA ( Recommended daily allowance ) of Calcium, Magnessium and Vitamin-D .i m back on chelation from Wednesday and i took 8 vials of 500mg from Tuesday to friday , its friday night and i weared the pump again , soo, wat i want to say i m agressively com;liant with chelation . i m also thinking to celebrate an IV desferal day As "A blast from the past" ..... i think my heart is doing this all bcoze when i was having malaria i think my Hg dropped down too much that is why my heart started troubling....  well still trying to cope with all the troubles and still hopeful ...  

@ Sharmin
Sis, i took my last of Malaria medicine on last sunday's night , then i had Tx on monday . i m back to routine life now but swelling is stilll dis-apearing and coming again playing like this ... if i  sit for a long time swelling occur's . if i m walking or laying on my bed then its not dis-apearing easily . and breathing prob that occurs sometime , alll the symptoms are not good . it not related to anything else , its not poiting anyother issue .
as for L-Carnitine , a little ago i asked to my heamotologist abt it but she said no , i dont know why but my treatment were not the same to my thal center's friends who r recently bcame a patient of my doctor . my doctor starteed them Vit-c earlier  in the treatment  and many other differences . after having this probleme ( swelling ) i will ask her about L-carnitine again for my heart function , lets see wat she say ..
i m doing my best to take are of my self lets see wat future is holding for me ...... :)

@Kathy
Thanks for the wishes and sugestions kathy , yeh it could be possible reason as well . i will defiinitely ask abt it to my doctor to sugest test to check the status of kidneys , in my last USG radiologist reported that my both kidneys are good and working properly , but i will ask my doc to advise some kidney test if she thought the same that you are pointing toward . thanx for the tip i will try it as well . please keep remember me in your prayers .

Take Care
Umair

===========
Umair

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk