Just wondering how Umair is doing and if anyone has heard from him

• 382 Replies

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
Re: Just wondering how Umair is doing and if anyone has heard from him
« Reply #150 on: March 09, 2009, 03:17:54 AM »
Umair,

I think T2* is available here as it a form of MRI,go to any MRI center in Faisalabad or Lahore preferably and ask them if T2* ( pronounced tee-two-star) is available.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Kathy11

« Reply #151 on: March 09, 2009, 06:21:14 AM »
Umair  :biggrin :biggrin

You are not allow to abscond from the forum :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Aunty Zaini is keeping an eye on you :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

I'm glad because we all knows you are a naugthy   Lad :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl;

On a serious note I hope you are ok,
 take care
Kathy

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #152 on: March 09, 2009, 01:57:50 PM »
I think T2* is available here as it a form of MRI,go to any MRI center in Faisalabad or Lahore preferably and ask them if T2* ( pronounced tee-two-star) is available.
Hi Zaini Sis,
Thanx for the advice ,  i hope that it could perform on any MRI Machine , i wish that it happen's like you said , its a form of MRI so  .. i would like to preffer to go lahore for this test .. you opened a new horizon of thinking to me .. Thanks Sis,.

@ Kathy
HI Kathy , i m super fine and hope that you will b fine as well ..
i also wont to stay abscent to the site but i dont know why and how it happen's everytime that a person like me who spent all the day at home and his only activity is internet stay's away from internet & computer for  day after day ... soo its pretty much wondering for me as welll , how can i stay away to my Computer & internet for that much long time :dunno :dunno :dunno :grin :grin ...

Best Regards
Take Care
Umair
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #153 on: March 09, 2009, 05:16:53 PM »
Umair,

How is the swelling now?  I hope that it has decreased.

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #154 on: March 10, 2009, 01:09:29 PM »
Hi Sharmin ,
Swelling is 95% disapeared and my feet are looking normal , just a little swelled ankles . everything is fine , and i hope i will cope with heart iron soon ,i m planning to have a Tx tommorow , after that i will have another 12 days tfor chelation ..  yeah, swelling is decreased and feet r looking normal .... Thanx for your concern , it mean's alot of encouragement for me to cope any probleme  ...

Best Regards
Take Care
Umair
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #155 on: March 13, 2009, 02:38:54 PM »
Umair,

How are you doing?  Have you started your IV desferal yet? 

How is the swelling after reducing your medication?

Sharmin

Sharmin

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #156 on: March 13, 2009, 03:02:15 PM »
Sharmin ,
Thanx for your concern . i m doing fine , i will start IV defseral tonight . its my2nd day after coming back on Aldectone's previous dose ( 1 tablets a day ) and  feet are normal , no signs of swelling ( no Swelling ) . i hope that swelling will not occur again.

Umair

===========
Umair

Offline Dori

« Reply #157 on: March 13, 2009, 04:16:13 PM »
I think I forgot my brains this week. I had also swelling from desferal, but god knows where. I really should start write about such things to avoid that I cant remember them good enough anymore.

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #158 on: March 13, 2009, 07:32:00 PM »
Dore,
when i was planing to make a chart of the trend of stomach aches ,(to show my doctor how often i m getting stomach aches and how long it take's to recover from it ), i forgot the exact dates when i got to suffer from stomach aches , then i turned my Computer On and open this site , and then this thread , and you know wat , it helped me to find the exact dates :) , ... bcoze this thread has all the info abt wat i have passed throw ( stomach aches ) ... soo its a good idea to write down all that here , it will also help you to find out the right way to get ride of any probleme , by discussing here , .. once again A BIG THANX TO ANDY :ty ...... i do appreciate all that you're doing for us , MAY GOD BLESS YOU WITH SUPER HEALTH AND LONG LIFE :pray ....

Have you started your IV desferal yet?
Yup, i have started IV Desferal just 3 hour ago ..... i have a question abt IV desferal but i think that for that question " IV Desferal" thread is best to place .... soo going to ask there ...

Best Regards
Take Care
Umair

===========
Umair

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #159 on: March 14, 2009, 01:00:52 AM »
Good Luck Umair :wink
manal

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #160 on: March 14, 2009, 01:41:49 PM »
Thanx Sis , for wishing me Luck :) .

Umair

===========
Umair

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #161 on: March 19, 2009, 09:35:20 PM »
Umair Also don't know how is he doing :grin :grin :grin help him reading his report :
Last CBC Report January 21 2009
Test                                             Normal range                                                    Result
[Hemoglobin Haematocrit]
Hemoglobin                                      13.7 - 16.3                                          8.8 gm/dl
Haematocrit                                      41.9 - 48.7 %                                       29.3%

CBC
RBC                                                    4.5 - 6.5                                3.19 10E12/L
MCV                                                   76 - 96                                             91.6 FL
MCH                                                   26 - 32                                             27.6 PG
MCHC                                                  32 - 36                                             30.1 %

WBC                                                   4 - 10                                    22.8 x10E9/L
Neutrophils                                          40 - 75                                             37 %
Lyphocytes                                         20 - 45                                              55 %
Eosinophils                                          1  -  6                                               03 %
Monocytes                                         2 - 10                                                05 %
Basophils                                            0 - 1                                                 00 %
Platelets                                           150 - 400                                        554 x10E9/L

Latest CBC Report 17 March 2009
Test                                              Normal range                                                   Result   
[Hemoglobin Haematocrit]
Hemoglobin                                      13.7 - 16.3 ng/ ml                                9.5gm/dl
Haematocrit                                      41.9 - 48.7 ng/ ml                                28% ng/m

CBC
RBC                                                    4.5 - 6.5                                  3.24 10E12/L
MCV                                                   76 - 96                                             89.2 FL
MCH                                                   26 - 32                                             29.4 PG
MCHC                                                  32 - 36                                             33.0 %

WBC                                                   4 - 10                                     13.0 x10E9/L
Neutrophils                                          40 - 75                                             40 %
Lyphocytes                                         20 - 45                                              50 %
Eosinophils                                          1  -  6                                               02 %
Monocytes                                         2 - 10                                                08 %
Basophils                                            0 - 1                                                 00 %
Platelets                                           150 - 400                                        810 x10E9/L

Andy and all others , wat do you think ?? is this something to worry about  ???.... Waiting for your answer ...

Take Care
Umair
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 10:00:03 PM by nice friend »

===========
Umair

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #162 on: March 19, 2009, 09:52:42 PM »
Umair,

Your platelets are elevated - usually they are a little high for thals so your Jan21 results are not concerning.  However, the Mar17 results may be of concern if the elevated platelets persist at this level.    Are you taking vitamin e? 
Sharmin

Offline Dori

« Reply #163 on: March 19, 2009, 09:55:47 PM »
I dont see anything wrong. I am bit suprised actually. I have been told that thals also have strange MCV, MCH, MCHC.... yours look normal to me. My are always normal.

I always wanted to know what 'WBC' is...  :wink

Owh, I read Sharmin's post. I thought you dont have a spleen anymore??? My platelets are always very high, because there are missing my spleen.

What has vit. E to do with it?

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #164 on: March 19, 2009, 10:04:39 PM »
Umair,

Your ferritin is still steadily dropping, which is good news. You are finally getting down into a range where the chelators will start making a serious impact on organ iron load, so keep up the good work.

The platelets are high, but until you see a repeat of this high reading I would not worry. Platelet test is one of the most inaccurate of all tests and relies greatly on the skill of the tech reading the test. Techs not familiar with thalassemia will often count the small red blood cells as platelets, so the reading can be far from reality. Platelet levels also vary greatly from test to test, so I always say wait until you see two high tests in a row before getting concerned. I know a lot of people who have spent a month worrying, only to see the level drop back down with the next test. I highly recommend vitamin E and one property it has is that it is a blood thinner, so keep taking E daily. Your white cell levels are high but that is expected when fighting infections.

There is also a possibility that this is related to malaria. Malaria tends to exhaust platelets, which then tend to aggregate in the blood until removed. This could cause a temporary increase in what is observed in platelet counts. This should level off as your body cleans out the old platelets. Again, make sure you are taking vitamin E daily.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk