Just wondering how Umair is doing and if anyone has heard from him

• 382 Replies

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
Re: Just wondering how Umair is doing and if anyone has heard from him
« Reply #210 on: April 17, 2009, 09:26:57 PM »
Hi Sharmin Sis,
Thanx for your Encouragement ,  but its not gona end yet after getting down Ferritin below 1000 ,. i got to know my doc's plan and that is to start Hep-C treatment bcoze i cant be a candidate for Asunra (AKA Exjade) untill my liver shows improvements , i m trying to recall but not 100% sure wat was my questio it was
Can i start Asunra  if my LFTs comes to normal ranges only wiith medicines (without Hep-C treatment) ??, or it was , Can i start Asunra yet ??,   she replied that my ALT is high, so "No" , exactly wat i want to say is after getting S.Fe below 1000 she will start interferon therapy bcoze  she said i have both viruses (Hep-B & C) soo i think in her point of view there's only 1 choice in treatment book for me ... she said to contineu desferal as long i can  bcoze it is the only chelating drug that i can use to take during Peg-Interferon Therapy , and during therapy , bcoze of decrease of Hb again and again i wil have to take Tx very frequantly, soo definitely iron will increase as well ... and that is more dis-hearting , it took almost 1 year to get on this stage and  i m seeing the chances of getting back to iron overload in future .. but, i dont have any other choice and as i have both viruses it couldn't be controled with medicine , as i complete Lamuvidine's course of 3 months  to controle Hep-B viruses its better than it was  before starting that treatment but its not completely sweept out ..... sooo i dont know wat i m gone go through in soon future .... i started chelation to be fine and healthy to join my Father at bussiness ( to get a reason to come out to home as my father said me to join for a few 1-2 hours a day to refresh my mind, it is the oly activity option that i have on daily basis to go out of home for time pass ) but it has been 15 months to that i m still in progress to join :grin ... and now 6 months more to wait for ..... anyways , its the part of life ... soo , leave it ..

Best Regards for all you people l.
Take Care
Umair
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 12:42:24 AM by nice friend »
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #211 on: April 18, 2009, 06:45:03 PM »

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline SF

« Reply #212 on: April 19, 2009, 09:25:50 AM »
Bravo, Umair! You've done great in the last few days with DFO!

Today, I'm trying a little less than 2.5g mixed in 20ml over 20hrs SubQ. Let's see if additional dilution and longer infusion time helps with the irritation around the site...

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #213 on: April 19, 2009, 11:15:37 AM »
@ Zaini ;
Thank you , for the encouragement , its mean alot for me , Thanx alot :) ....

@ SF ,
Thanx GOD its only bravo not Johny BRavo ahhahaha ....  Thank you for encouragment , yes you can also do it , 2.5 is good dose , my doc prescripted me 2g in my last visit i told her that i m on 2g dose since last febraury and never got any reaction , she smiled and replied but its the fine dose for your according to your weight but :grin yeah today i m gona try 2.5g ahhahaha ...
yeah, longerinfusion time and  additional water will definitely help you to get ride ove irritation and cyst like lumps , as once i asked to my doc that can i take 3 vial in 10 or 12ml water? , she replied " No it will make solution a little thicker and thick solution will take time to penitrate and till then that will remain at site of infusion like cyst , and it could be irritating and painy experience for you ... BEST OF LUCK for chelation and new changes that you r gonna try in your chelatio plan ...
===================

Best Regards
Take Care
Umair
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #214 on: April 23, 2009, 07:56:29 PM »
Hi buddies ,
hurrrraayeee , yep another wound , tis time i was openeing a syrup's seal and that was made of tin like steeled seal , that cutted my thumb's upper area very deeply and bottom are slightly ... upper area was as deep as i tried to clean that with spirit and tried alot but cant clean the cut  tha is very deep , yup i cant use my thumb anymore and its my right hand , just thinking how i will take my meals ( spice will hurt it more ) eyyyyyyyyyy , very frustrating , i m consistantly getting hurts wounds and etc etc ....  :banghead :frustrated  dont know wat to do to avoid getting hurted ...

Best Regards
Take Care
Umair

===========
Umair

Offline SF

« Reply #215 on: April 23, 2009, 08:11:50 PM »
Get some quality sleep, nice and long...  :wink
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 08:49:55 PM by SF »

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #216 on: April 23, 2009, 08:36:29 PM »
that happened just before dinner when i was opening up the syrup i have to take before meal , and its second time when that syrup's seal marked a couple of cutts on my thumb , i dont kno how that happen's but  .......... awe both time the cut were very deep .... , yeah i think i have to sleep for a little long to get out of frustration , ......  it wil be settle down soon , i hope ....

Umair

===========
Umair

Offline Dori

« Reply #217 on: April 23, 2009, 09:07:09 PM »
Due all those infusions in my hand/arms I became both handed. I can't only not write with right. Umair, I suggest you are going to do what SF told you to do!  :biggrin

Si, I will rest in the car tomorrow morning.  :wink I got my luggage packed, dad can bring it downstairs. It is pretty heavy, but I got the bed stuff and towels. Oh jee, I forgot my pyjama...  :wah Now I must do my hand bagage. (Oho, forgot my calcium/folic acid...)
I am searching for a present I get. It's a cd of the tape we had for many, many years. I will search for some songs when I am back and share them with you. They are funny and neat songs.

Btw I have for many, many years infusions in my feet!!! Why? My wanted to keep the veins in arms/hands alive a bit longer.

Ok, I will tidy up the house and don't annoy you any longer.

As for your cut. You don't need stitches?

:hugfriend

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #218 on: April 24, 2009, 04:08:30 AM »
Umair,

I am sorry to hear about that,but remember when opening such syrup bottles,you should put a piece of fabric on the cap,that way it won't hurt you.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #219 on: April 24, 2009, 04:23:49 AM »
Dore,
Thanx for your concerns and sugestion , ... i m here again to spend a few minutes by sittting bcoze i just ate Nigella with honey and now ii have to sit for a few minutes , after that iw ill be sleeping again :grin  ...  hey , where did you got this words of Urdu ( oh jee ) good attempt ....

Best of luck for your vacation/holidays and dont forget your medicine ... making a list of things that you hae to take with you will be better to not forget anything ...

As for your cut. You don't need stitches?
noop , although its a deep cut but its not long and opened to get stiches on it ... i hope it will heal soon ... i was frustrated coze these things are happening to to me time-to-time ,...
almost 8-10 days ago, when i was on IV desfferal,  i was filling ( or mxing ) insulin  , insulin syringe slipped to my hand and i dont know how that pricked i my left hand,  that hurt's soo badly  and hanging at my left hand when i was taking out the swab to put on the accidently poked site .. that bleed  fastly as well but bleeding stopped soon ....
after that, 3 days ago i was making desferal to replace the empty sryinge and during that 10ml syringe's needle struck badly in my left hand smallest finger , that start bleeding but controle earlier .. both accidential pricked sites are still aching and then now right hand ... this is soo frustrating na ..... and then  slipping scene , ....
all this is very frustrating and happening cosistantly to me  ...

Best Regards ( i need )
Take Care
Umair

===========
Umair

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #220 on: April 24, 2009, 04:29:14 AM »
Zaini Sis ,
Thank you sis for a good sugestion , i usually follow this but last night i was in hurry to join my family on dinner table that's why i forgot to follow this precautive measure .. once again Thanx sis , i will keep it in my mind for next time, when open the seals of my medicine   ,.. Good sugestion Thank you sis :thumbsup ...

Best Regards
Umair

===========
Umair

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #221 on: April 24, 2009, 04:45:27 AM »
Umair,

I am sorry to hear that you have had another incident.  I hope that it heals very soon.  I think Zaini's suggestion is a good one and that it should help you to avoid such injuries in the future. 

Take care,

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #222 on: April 24, 2009, 04:54:09 AM »
Sharmin,
Thanx for the regards :)
dont feel sorry for this all, its a part of life ( i think ) injuries make's the man perfect ( instead of practice ) hehehhehe  :teehee i think this is why i m geting injuries time to time  , to learn the lessons ( that how i can prevent these injuries ) hahaha .. yeah, definately, i will follow zaini's sugestion , that is super one :thumbup ....

Best Regards
Umair

===========
Umair

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #223 on: April 29, 2009, 03:28:15 PM »
Hi ALL ,

Latest CBC Report 17 March 2009
Test                                              Normal range                                                   Result   
[Hemoglobin Haematocrit]
Hemoglobin                                      13.7 - 16.3 ng/ ml                                9.5gm/dl
Haematocrit                                      41.9 - 48.7 ng/ ml                                28% ng/m

CBC
RBC                                                    4.5 - 6.5                                  3.24 10E12/L
MCV                                                   76 - 96                                             89.2 FL
MCH                                                   26 - 32                                             29.4 PG
MCHC                                                  32 - 36                                             33.0 %

WBC                                                   4 - 10                                     13.0 x10E9/L
Neutrophils                                          40 - 75                                             40 %
Lyphocytes                                         20 - 45                                              50 %
Eosinophils                                          1  -  6                                               02 %
Monocytes                                         2 - 10                                                08 %
Basophils                                            0 - 1                                                 00 %
Platelets                                           150 - 400                                        810 x10E9/L

Latest CBC Report 25 April 2009
Test                                              Normal range                                                   Result   
[Hemoglobin Haematocrit]
Hemoglobin                                      13.7 - 16.3 ng/ ml                                9.5gm/dl
Haematocrit                                      41.9 - 48.7 ng/ ml                                29% ng/m

CBC
RBC                                                    4.5 - 6.5                                  3.35 10E12/L
MCV                                                   76 - 96                                             86.2 FL
MCH                                                   26 - 32                                             28.4 PG
MCHC                                                  32 - 36                                             32.7 %

WBC                                                   4 - 10                                     19.1 x10E9/L
Neutrophils                                          40 - 75                                             40 %
Lyphocytes                                         20 - 45                                              50 %
Eosinophils                                          1  -  6                                               02 %
Monocytes                                         2 - 10                                                08 %
Basophils                                            0 - 1                                                 00 %
Platelets                                           150 - 400                                        759 x10E9/L

wat does it show's ?? ....
i m worried about remarks they wrote "Lymphocytosis" ..... Andy and all otehr please interprate this CBC report ...

Take Care
Umair

===========
Umair

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #224 on: April 29, 2009, 03:42:04 PM »
Umair,

As far as I know, Lymphocytosis indicates an increased proportion of lymphocytes in the blood.  Yours do not seem to be highly elevated.  As far as I know, having a higher number of lymphocytes in the body is not a problem itself, but if highly elevated it may be indicative of another problem - such as infection or illness.  Again, I don't think that your levels are that highly elevated - has your doctor commented on this number?  What do Andy and the others think?

Sharmin
Sharmin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk