Just wondering how Umair is doing and if anyone has heard from him

• 382 Replies

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Just wondering how Umair is doing and if anyone has heard from him
« Reply #270 on: July 12, 2009, 03:50:45 PM »
Umair,

Two things. First, make sure the water you use is absolutely safe. Second, it's time to stop the aggressive chelation. Time to be like your fellow thals and just do normal chelation. The progress has been made and it's time to give your body a break.

Glad to have you back but please take things easy until you're feeling good again.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Lena

« Reply #271 on: July 12, 2009, 04:25:02 PM »
Umair,

It is better when you suffer from infection, to stop desferal completely as some viruses are iron-friendly and together with desferal the infection could turn out very serious.
But what does "aggressive chelation" means in your case and what is your ferritin level right now?
Do not let yourself down, everything will come back to normal.My best wishes for a quick recovery.

Lena.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #272 on: July 12, 2009, 07:04:00 PM »
Umair,

I am so sorry to hear what you have been through.  I know how awful you must feel, and as Andy has said maybe it is a good idea to give yourself a break - and chelate regularly because your iron levels are at a good level now.  I hope that you feel better really soon, I am so sad to hear what you have suffered. 

Take good care, my thoughts and prayers are always with you bro,

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Emby

« Reply #273 on: July 13, 2009, 12:18:56 AM »
may Allah grant you shifaa e kaamilaa umair...get well soon

emby

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #274 on: July 13, 2009, 12:53:36 AM »
Umair you are in my prayers :hugfriend please take it easy on yourself my friend

manal

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #275 on: July 13, 2009, 10:52:49 AM »
Hi All ,
its really strange , yesterday I was feeling like all that  i went through is over but now i think its not ..  i m experiencing back pain now and its almost unbearable ... last night when i checke my temprature , it was 96F , its pretty strange thing (i think its a sign of weakness).. its truly a bad time on me ,, hahaha ( do u people  remember : when umthing look's out of controle to me then i just laugh and think LET'S SEE WAT'S GONNA HAPPEN HAHAHA .... it is one of those kind of  situations ..)

okiey coming toward's reply :

@Andy
as i mentioned somewhere  a lil earlier that my Dr told me to reduce desferal and use 3 desferal on Tx day   2hours before starting Blood transfussion and till 8hours after  Tx end's up ( nearly 13 hours mayb ) ....... but i wanted to keep my previous routine bcoze the Fe report i had at that time issued on may 25 , after that report my desferal stock got finished , and i buy's desferal from another city , so i were too late to get another supply , i always were late to remind my father for desferal ( i missed 2 saturdays when i can get that , anyways) , i got another supply on 3rd saturday  but it was late and i was hesitating to start DFO again , in  time ferriprox was near to finished-up ,
------------------
Desferal's story
i had only 7-days supply my father sent pay order and demand draft to company i order's ferriprox , there was a prob with my demand draft the person i always write his name under ATTN mark was transfered to somewhere else and a new person was at that post , so draft wasn't passed to him, we got to know it aafter a week whenn we caled them , we sent another pay-order and demand draft,,, but once again bad luck , it was AUDITs month ( new finacnial year was near to start and companies was preparing their self to send their returns for the past year and yearly planings, calculations all that kind of stuff was on) so they was busy in that and that's why they were a lil late in dispatching  ferriprox....  the person we reached 2nd time was  a nice person may admin of that branch  he personaly took interest in it and he find's out my previous draft too and then he dispatched ferriprox ASAP, and then finaly we got medicine.. mayb all this scene with first person took 12 days and 2nd persons done that all in 2-3 days ( remained days are those when we dont know that there's a mistake in our draft , and our draft hasn't reached its destination).....  all this strugle took 17-19 days, means that 2 weeks without ferriprox as well ..

when i was off to desferal for  and then ferriprox finished up too , my father start saying me to start desferal but i was hesitating  but after 35 days i started desferal again , but when i visitied my doc she said to reduce it , i thought i weer soo much irregular with my plan , and since a long time i weere away of any kinf of chelation so i must continue my plan for 3-5 times, that's why i were still agressive .. but now i think i must have to stop being agressive and have to come on maintaince dose .. n i will ....  wat my doc told me is  9 a day ferriprox and desferal on Tx day only from 2 hours bfore Tx to 8hours after Tx , its good plan and i will follow it now ......

@lena
Thanx alot ,Lena ... Thanx for the wishes , according to my last report my Fe is 1091ng/ml ... and yeah , desferal is off for a while , but i dont know why i start loving the taste of desferal hahhaha  :rotfl :rotfl j/k... agressive chelation = to mad about chelation and i have been like this throughout the year ( april 2008 - 25 may 2009 ), but now when everything is coming to fine levels , i agreed to you i have to stop this agression for Fe .. Thanx alot for advice ,, (all story is writen above )

@Sharmin
Thanx alot for the prayers n wishes , its nothing new to me as u all know the stomach aches series and then malaria then sumthing was happened in march or april , so i m trying to used to these things but these things are really soo bad to bear na ..

@ Emby
Ameen, Thank you for the prayers and wish ,,  i think,,,, no i m sure that i realy need these DUAs n Prayer n Wishes .. please remember me in your prayers .. Thanx alot again :)

@ Manal
yeah Sis ,  i wont to b more strict and dont wana b more hard that i can try everything ,, i will b more mercifull with myself and soul and try to avoid any prick if ican , but 2 pricks daily are neccesory for insulin , i cant promise those whether i want but i cant forget those two , bcoze those have ability to remind me instantly that i have forgotten them bfore meal :) ... its seems like life is full of commitments and give n takes ...  but its ok let's wat's next for me .... Thanx alot Sis for remembering me in your prayer and for the wishes ,,.. thanx alot ..

To all of you who were there with/for me in this sessions of  this thread , i wana thank you all to the bottom of my heart ,  bcoze their presence made me feel happy, relaxed and feel my head much ligter ,, i have written alot of things in it .. so i want  to say sorry if my words hurts or showed any offence to someone ...  Thank you all for being there for me ... :thankyou2

Best Regards
Take Care
Umair

a lil note :
headache a lil bit & backache killing me............. if i can write that much in severe aches and this kind of condition that just imagine wat will limit of my ability  to type/write in a good healthy condition .. sigh .. i never believed on this ability whenever anyone told me that i can write alot ...
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 07:58:15 PM by nice friend »
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #276 on: July 13, 2009, 12:45:43 PM »
Andy, we alll use Nestl's drinking water here at home , and i think there's no doubt abt Nestle's pure life drinking water ...

Dear Umair,

Andy was talking about distilled water you uses for desferal,please take good care of your self .My prayers are with you. :hugfriend

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Lena

« Reply #277 on: July 13, 2009, 01:01:50 PM »
Umair,

you are such a tender person! I think you have earned the love of us all. Our thoughts - if I may speak on everyone's account - are with you. You deserve every happiness in the world. Keep on with your fight and life will reward you.

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #278 on: July 13, 2009, 08:46:58 PM »
Hi All ,
Today i had really unbearable severe back pain after lunch (that i mentioned in last post) after a few hours pain got more worsen and start spreading to some joit and was growing strong too ...  by 5;00pm my ankles, knees back , shoulders, elbows and wrists was aching very bad , this pain was unbearable for me , and for the first time in these 6-7 days i was near to start shouting or cry .... i didn't shout bcoze whenever i tried to talk or call some one for sumthing  back ache waved to that act .. soo i decided not to speak  or call someone  .. then i cal my Sis when she was nearby me and said her to bring a glass of water and a spoon  and then i took Lbrufen and after 40-50- minutes pain started going back .. but that pain was really soo bad..  backache has started again a few hours ago and then knees and now ankles ... dont know wat's happening to me .. i dont know how long all that take to go back ....

@ Zaini
Thanx zaini Sis for pointing this out and telling me about my mistake . i was a lil confuseed too that how can we relate desferal n drinking water ... then i thought "Andy must be talking about it bcoze of backache Case.. and i thought mayb he's gonna say that water could create gastric probleme and that could cause back ache "  ... anywayz thanx for telling me, i have edited that post ....
( woops i red last few posts carefully and found that i mixed up wat was on my mind and wat was on forum, yeah realy, when i was writing last post i was having severe ack pain and i mixed up the reason and answered as he is asking about my back pain bcoze that back pain was occupied my brain at that time ...  i have corrected the mistake )

Andy, that was not waters fault, i remember that when i prickeed myself and started DFO my pump was beeping again n again like it reacts when syringe stops ( in the end when syringe got tightened up and then there remain no space to move ) but this time it was beep in starting and again and again i tok out the pump from my pocket and saw that plunger of pump wasn't moving smoothiy , i expereienced the same thing many times while injecting insulin when insulin syringe pricked wrong then that behaves like this too ( cant move until i force very hardly to insulin syringe , and after that a lil pain and a small bruise ) i think samething happened to me with DFO too ,i selected site for DFO and just pricked that without checking again n again as i do whenever i plan to start DFO ...

@Lena
Thanx alot Lena .. thanx for compliments, fighting since a long time , and still fighting wat else can i do ??? nothing .. wish u all the best .. lots of regards for you ...

-----------------
Best Regards to all of you ....
Take care
Umair

i dont know why , i dont have habbit of proof reading :grin
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #279 on: July 13, 2009, 11:03:52 PM »
Umair,

Is it possible for you to see a chiropractor? The way this sounds, you may have a pinched nerve in your back. Also, how low does your Hb level get before transfusions?
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #280 on: July 14, 2009, 09:46:36 AM »
Andy,
i dont know about Chirpracter , and also dont have any idea where i can find them, and dont know if its available here near around me or somewhere oout of city or not , so i think its a difficult job to find a practioner without knowing if he exist or not ....

About pinching nerve :
Andy, i m expereincinf this (backache) after a long long time may i last experienced it when i was suffering to wheelchair ( the time in age of 17-20 when alll that wheelchair and other things I experienced ) ... so i dont think that its related to that , it was somthing related to meal , its started after lunch , but when i took lbrufen it went off and then cam back after dinner ( but this time intensity was lower than lunch one ) ... so i think it was something related to the meal  i think meal was a lil bit spicy that's why  :-\ mayb ... ) ...

HB Level :
my pre-Tx Hb  on my last transfussion on 07-july-09 was 9.3 , n i think its not too bad , i got a big n fresh packed cell unit (RBCs only) which was bleeded on 03-july-09 , i think it was a good bag .. so no prob with blood tooo ... you can say that the only reason is my fate hahahaha that had finaly found me and punished me alot hahahha ... i hope someday i will take revenge to my fate and start riding on it too ....

Today's probleme is my left knee , which is behaving very strangely , i have to pull left leg and feeling gap in knee hahahaha , Thanx GOD , today's prob is only left knee nothing else more :happydance

Best Regards Buddy , oh yes how is your eyez now ???
Take Care of your self as well buddy ...
Best Wishes
Umair

===========
Umair

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #281 on: July 14, 2009, 09:49:39 AM »
Umair,

Although i did a lil bit of searchin g for chiropractors in Pakistan and i found this,

http://www.phonebook.com.pk/dynamic/search.aspx?k=Chiropractor&l=Pakistan&SearchType=kl

I am not sure the numbers would work or not,if this phone book is up to date or not,but when you are feeling a lil bit better,i think you should try giving them a call,and may be it will help you.

My prayers are with you.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #282 on: July 15, 2009, 06:58:20 PM »
Zaini,
Thanx alot for searching and providing the names links and all info about chiropracters , all are ot of City (e.g lahore and rawalpindi ) but i will try to reach lahore one'z if i feel that i realy need it, otherwise going for routine visit of Haemotlogist's clinic ineed a complete plan to move and then another one... it will b difficult ..  i have saved this link and will try to reach them when-ever i need it .. Thanx alot Sis :) ....

Best Regards
Take Care
Umair

===========
Umair

Offline Dori

« Reply #283 on: July 19, 2009, 08:48:59 AM »
Hey,

I hope you feel better now. Good luck with the chiropracter. A family memer of me went once, and after the session the person thought for more than a week that the head was falling from the body, lol.

This one is for you Umairr:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be6jlCuMvVQ

All the best, Dore

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #284 on: July 19, 2009, 09:53:42 AM »
Dore,
i m fine now, and hope that you'll be alsof ifne and and hope that your trip was gr8,,,   Thanx for the reply and wishing me uck for better health ,, all that solved a week ago , nad now m feeling all-right , than GOD that it soolved without seeing chiropracter ... Thanx for the link though it is not working that video has been moveed from youtube due some reasons  although thanx for searching and sharing sumthing related to this thread and the last few posts of mine .... :) .. hope that you're feeling fine as well , and nno more experiencing swollen feet and anyother probleme likeor related to Tx ... :)

Best Regards
Take Care
Umiar

===========
Umair

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk