Just wondering how Umair is doing and if anyone has heard from him

• 382 Replies

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
Re: Just wondering how Umair is doing and if anyone has heard from him
« Reply #300 on: August 07, 2009, 02:04:39 PM »
Thanx Andy , you too enjoy you vaccation as much as possible .. but i  will cutt-off to internet bcoze i cant take my PC there bcoze its desktop PC ( not laptop ) , so it will b more and more a trip than and a oppurtunity to come out of routine things and cutt off to all the thing i do here in my City , so wat-ever i m gonna do there ,will b totaly different and new experience in comparison to my routine .. so it will b great i think ... and also sumthing that i have to feel better , i mean sumthing to get myself busy in some new things to feel better ... Best of luck to you too, Andy ... and wishing you a super fine and super joyful vaccations :thumbs .. Take Care !!!

lots of Best Regads
Umair
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #301 on: August 07, 2009, 06:11:32 PM »
Enjoy both of you  :wink

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #302 on: August 10, 2009, 01:30:13 AM »
I hope that you are enjoying your vacation Umair!!

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Dori

« Reply #303 on: August 10, 2009, 06:51:02 AM »
Dore has the same wish. Geniet er van!

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #304 on: August 14, 2009, 11:56:42 AM »
Zaini, Sharmin & Dore ,
i m back again ,  i reached my home a night bfore yesterday's night , and i spent a whole day by sleeping all the day , now i got a few hours straight to catch up all the posts in one sitting on internet so .. here i m  ...

Thanx a bunch for wishing me a gr8 vaccation ,  it was really superb , being in murre and other hill stations was gr8 experiience , it was really gr8 to go one hil to another ahahahah ... i will upload pics of that on my facebook album ( i hope really soon ) ... weather was really soo pleasent and also the views wao ..... and after then walking on a street after 12;30 in night and drinking tea or coffe in a lil cold and calm environment waooooo .....  cant say that all in words , that was really superb experience ... i enjoyed that alot ..... i will try tto update that all on facebook Pics + story  :wink

Umair
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 12:01:53 PM by nice friend »
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Lena

« Reply #305 on: August 14, 2009, 03:54:01 PM »
That's great, Umair!
Out of curiosity,did you chelate on your vacation? I mean with desferal, ferriprox is easy...

Lena.

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #306 on: August 14, 2009, 04:51:35 PM »
Lena ,
i went on vaccations with a bag full of medicine ( insulin , ferriprox, osteocare, Chewcal  & aldectone ) ... yeah , did chelation during vaccation days as well , but only with Ferriprox .... no desferal  at all, now my doc has prescripted me desferal only for TX day , yeah i m not prescripted fr having desferal after chelation day anymore ,  but i have to start chelation 2 hour bfore TX and continue that after 8-10 hours of TX .... but i will keep checking my Fe with this treatment plan  .... yeah , its easy to keep chelation ON with Ferriprox on vaccations and at any time, anywhere, and any occassion ( i always keep my all medicine with me, when i goes to attend weddings too )

Best Regards
Umair

===========
Umair

Offline Lena

« Reply #307 on: August 14, 2009, 04:54:59 PM »
Umair,

I am at a loss with your new desferal scheme. You say you have desferal only on transfusion day before and after transfusion? You only have ferriprox now? Why is that?

Lena.

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #308 on: August 14, 2009, 09:06:46 PM »
Lena ,
i think my doc wana try and see this treatment plan's effectiveness and that's why she advised me this , i m not sure about this treatment plan's result but i will follow it till my next Fe Report ... i will give blood samples to test my ferritin , very soon ... the main thing in it is , IV Desferal , i m on IV desferal bfore and  after TX and that's wat i think a plus point in this ... my doc advised me 3 desferal on Tx day (With IV or Pump) 2 hour bfore starting blood and 8-10 hours after Tx  wth 9 Ferriprox 500mg a Day (Daily)   ..  i dont see anything promising in it but i think she prescrpted this bcoze i asked her many times to start Asunra/Exjade and when-ever i asked her for that she asked me "why you want to move on Asunra/Exjade when this combination is working superb for you?' and i always replied that i m tired of using desferal and that's wat i wana move on Exjade ...........
so, i think that is the main reason why she cutted off desferal to weekly schedule and told me to use that only on Tx day, and 9 Ferriprox a day and 1092ng Fe  are the other reasons ..... well, i also dont see this plan effective bcoze i dont think that alone ferriprox could controle Fe or maintainn Fe on the level it is ... 

i m looking to keep using desferal 1 or 2 days between the 12 day's intereval of Tx  , but unfortunately i didn't find the same water for injection i used throughout the time i m on pump .. i used Global Pharma's  water for injection and then Scotman's and now both are not available anywhere in my city and also in neighboring city Lahore ... since those water for injection are not available i tried a local one brand and you people know that wat happened to me after that swollen thigh plus fever and all that ... so i m scared to try any other brand and looking to get my old and friendly water for injection of global pharma or scotman .....

let's see if the treatment plan i mentioned above work's for me or not ,  but my 1st prioirity is to maintain my Hb Bfore Ramadan  instead of Fe ... so , i m looking to get 2 Transfussions bfore 23 of August ... after that i  will back to Fe issue ...

i hope i explained the situation , ..  lots of probs , lots of issues, lots of worries  its difficult to decide wat to adress first, wat to solve 1st ,,, life is really so stressful  :-\ ...

Umair

===========
Umair

Offline Dori

« Reply #309 on: August 14, 2009, 10:23:08 PM »
Off: Ramadan. We got Dish tv. I came across a channel yesterday which said 9 days to go. Umair, do you fast a month? Does that work with diabetis? I read smth like that through the lines of getting your hgb fixed before 23th.

On: my apologies, i dont think it work. Although i used to take THE same dosage. It might stay stable though.

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #310 on: August 14, 2009, 11:14:11 PM »
do you fast a month? Does that work with diabetis? I read smth like that through the lines of getting your hgb fixed before 23th.
Dore,
i want to fix my Hb bfore Ramadan bcoze of possible blood shortage in Ramadan , that's  why i want to take my Hb above 10 bfore Ramadan that is near to Start .. hmm....
Umair, do you fast a month?
No, i dont .. but i feel guilty for that why i dont Fast, every year ...
Does that work with diabetis?
dont know anything abut it, so , cant say anything about it ...

On: my apologies, i dont think it work. Although i used to take THE same dosage. It might stay stable though.
i think the same but i find my self agreed to give this plan a try bcoze i was tired of using pump .. so i decided to give this plan a try ... but, if my Fe stay's stable with this plan then wat i need more ...

best Regards
Umair

===========
Umair

Offline Lena

« Reply #311 on: August 15, 2009, 05:40:19 AM »
Umair,

why is there a blood shortage in Ramadan?Don't people give blood during Ramadan?
IV desferal is very effective. I wish things work for you.

Lena.

Offline T @ r ! Q

• Beta Thal Major
« Reply #312 on: August 15, 2009, 09:11:33 AM »
Yes most people do hesitate donating blood in Ramadan because they are fasting, which itself takes much energy. Although, I think, If someone takes proper meal before starting fast should not have any problem donating blood. But then again, it varies from person to person depending on donors overall health.

Many blood banks here observe blood shortage in Ramadan.
Falling down is not defeat... Defeat is when you refuse to get up...
The one who kneels to Allah, can standup to anything.

Offline Dori

« Reply #313 on: August 15, 2009, 09:51:37 AM »
Aha, now I understand.

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #314 on: August 15, 2009, 10:11:22 AM »
 :exactly wat Tariq has said , i Agree to that ... people give's/donate's blood in Ramadan as well but only after Iftaar ( when Fast end's up )  .... 

@ Lena ,
Thanx :) i hope this Chelation plan wil work for me :)

@ Dore
 :whew Finaly :whew , Thanx GOD :grin (Just Kidding)

Regards
Umair

===========
Umair

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk