Doctors

• 3 Replies

Offline sahil

• Thal Major
Doctors
« on: October 13, 2008, 06:14:32 PM »
Hello all,

Anyone here who would like to share their experiences with doctors (good or bad)??
My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.

Offline sahil

• Thal Major
Re: Doctors
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 06:27:14 PM »
I'll start.

Where I take my blood transfusions, there we have a pediatrician named Dr.Rashid Merchant. He visits our blood transfusion center everyday. He's jovial, friendly and a very nice doctor. We are about 50 thalassemic patients and all of us get our transfusions for free. We don't even have to pay the hospital charges.

Now Dr.Merchant arranges every damn thing for us. He got our DEXA scan done at a discounted rate. He got our heart and liver MRI done for free. Funded 75% of total amount to the thalassemics who couldn't afford the T2*. All the expensive tests get done through him, either at a discounted rate or for free.

He attends all the international thalassemia conferences and whatever latest he hears there, whatever latest tests, scans he hears there, he comes here and gets it done for us. He's a gem of a person. Even patients who can afford the tests/scans don't have to pay, cause its Dr.Merchant who says no. "I am a professional beggar" its Dr.Merchant's dialogue.

He's a gem of a person and a hope for thalassemics!!
My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 11:22:44 PM »
Sahil,

This is a great topic - doctors and the treatment they provide ultimately give thals the opportunity to thrive.  It is great to see that you have this wonderful doctor, on top of that it seems that you have done a great job taking care of yourself.  Way to go  :thumbsup

We have so much to learn from you Sahil, please keep posting and being a role model for young thals on our site :)

I have some great doctor stories to share as well - I will return to do so shortly.

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 05:45:04 AM »
well , i have sent my doctor's story under the several thread  , now even i m not able to find those clips of my story .... i will try to find ..  :wink
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk