Unrelated Bone Marrow Transplant.

• 101 Replies

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
Re: Unrelated Bone Marrow Transplant.
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2006, 02:18:49 AM »
Dear Omega

My heart goes with you.  I hope that she will recover soon and there will be no more side effects.  I will pray for your daughter . Believe me you will forget all your stress when she jumps from her bed and you see her playing healthy and safly again

Take care of her and yourself

Manal

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2006, 06:18:10 AM »
Omega,

Your daughter has made good progress and continues to improve. That's great news!  :biggrin

The immune system is suppressed for a BMT and it is slowly restored. Right now, it is very important to protect against exposure to any infections, as her immune system is very weak.

Khalifa will agree with you about the stress involved. Deciding on a BMT for your child and then watching the slow recovery process provide more stress than any parents needs. Our hearts go out to you.  :heartred
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline omega

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2006, 06:47:52 AM »
Hi All

Greeting from Malaysia!

My daughter's blood count has stabalized for the past few weeks. White blood count 4000, Hb 14.1 and Platelet is around 76000. We are going to the hospital tomorrow for a blood count. Hope we'll get a good result.

The doctor is reducing the drugs gradually to ensure that the GVHD is under proper control. We schedule to go to Subang Medical Centre to meet up with our transplant doctor on 18th December for a follow up consultation.

Thank you.

Offline sahil

• Thal Major
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2006, 10:48:31 AM »
Great News! Hope that the Counts tomorrow are normal!

Take Care!
My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2006, 12:01:52 PM »
Dear omega

Hope everything will be fine. Please keep us updated.

Take care

Manal

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2006, 01:33:44 PM »
Hi Omega!

Wishing you best of luck for the upcoming blood count. :thumbsup

Take care, Peace!
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2007, 10:35:39 AM »
HIHIHIHI      OMEGA   congratulation ....gald to hear that ur kid is well
Im a newbie here .........n my daughter is 5 yrs old thala major too

My wife n i just got back from SJMC ( OH   we are malaysian too) and we are thinking of doin the bone marrow transplant aswell.....wud really love to hear more details from u as things are not very clear for now or maybe can give me a thinker on my message

Hope to hear from u soon   ....be goin back to see the doc in SJMC   on the   18  Jan 2007  .

Offline omega

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2007, 06:38:06 AM »
Hi Steven,
I presume you're seeing Dr Lin. My daughter is fine now and we're reducing the drugs and pray hard that the GVHD would not come back. Her blood count is ok but we're hoping the white blood count would reach the normal level soon. In an Unrelated transplant case, the GVHD is a major problem indeed.
Do you plan for 2 transplant for your daughter? If yes, gate you found a matched bone marrow or cord blood?
Our next appointment is on 15 March 07 to see Dr Lin. We hope everything would be fine by then.
Should you need more info, please let me know.
Thank you.

Offline KHALIFA

• ONE FOR ALL AND ALL FOR ONE
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2007, 01:38:37 PM »
Dear omega     i know it's too late to say good luck but i thanks my god you get good result regard the GVHD it's need time even me am suffering from it but with medrole and some drugs you will solve it so don't be hurru and keep your doughter from heumidity and the coold weather don't give her shower and take her out emediatly it's too dengrouse keep her clean good and fresh food NO SALT NO OIL just a small a mount of naturale  OLIVE OIL ..
             all the best for you and for your daughter
                                  khalifa
                            state of kuwait
RED_PILOT

Offline omega

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2007, 09:06:48 PM »
Dear Khalifa
Thank you for your kind advice and we highly appreciate it.
Since your son is a sibling transplant, the GVHD should be of the milder one, unlike the unrelated case. Is your son still taking any anti GVHD drugs now?
Thank you.

Offline KHALIFA

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2007, 09:59:49 PM »
Dear omega
        my son still the imunety supress drug like MEDROLE and just one month we stoped the CELSEPT ..and also some antibiotic like bactrim two day a week also some medecine for protection a gainst the bacteria ..
                                         khalifa
                                   state of kuwait
RED_PILOT

Offline omega

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2007, 12:26:02 AM »
Hi Khalifa
My daughter is still on Cellcept, Sirolamas and Prednisolone, as the main anti GVHD drugs in addition to the protection drugs. We're reducing the doses gradually. She is back to school already.
How's your son's blood count? My daughter's latest count, white blood count 3800, hb 14 and platelet 108000.
Thanks.

Offline KHALIFA

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2007, 12:40:59 AM »
am just want to know from where you got the bone marrow and who give the BM is thalass. minore or normal ?
         regard my son his HB a round 10 and 12 and everything within normal don't forget my son have the BMT on 30-06-2005 and also have real bad GVHD
                                        khalifa
                                  state of kuwait
RED_PILOT

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2007, 02:06:22 AM »
So happy to hear that your child is doing well.  wishing continued good health to your daughter!
Sharmin

Offline omega

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2007, 02:18:18 AM »
Hi Khalifa
My daughter's transplant was on 12 Apr 2006. Her bone marrow donar was from Taiwan. Her blood count is ok except the white count is fluctuating. Do you gate the same experience?
Thank you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk