Curcumin

• 25 Replies

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
Re: Curcumin
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2008, 09:18:12 PM »
Hi sharmin ,
your welcome sis  , i will update here  something more usefull abt turmeric i will update here very soon ...
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline maryo0m

• ---SPREAD UR WINGS AND FLY---
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2008, 10:36:53 PM »
Hi MANAAAAAL :smiley,

oola la I L :heartpinkVE Turmeric, and I eat it almost every day :coffee....... I cook it with noodlez,

ready to cook magi noodlez (chicken or veg)

*put the noodlez packet with 1 1/2 cup of water and the powder that it comes with.

*add  ONE  spoon of OliveOil.

*add  Turmeric powder.

*add peprica powder.

*add mixed chopped vegitables.

let it all mix and boil and you'll be done  this is a meal for 1 person I make this when I have no time and In hurry, hope you like it :hiyagirl.

mariam 
------------Spread your wings and fly-----------

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2008, 11:04:47 PM »
Thanks Nice friend and Mariam  :hugfriend

Zaini, thanks for your reply, i will keep it in my mind. I gave my daughter the milk with turmeric and thanks God she liked it

manal

Offline maryo0m

• ---SPREAD UR WINGS AND FLY---
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2008, 11:10:33 PM »
your most welcome :hugfriend
------------Spread your wings and fly-----------

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2008, 11:11:35 PM »
Manal,

I am so glad to hear the effect that it had on your children.  I will start giving it to my kids too!  I think things like curcumin provided immune protection for people before modern medicine was available.  Drinking milk with tumeric is a very common practice in India during the flu season and cold months.  

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2008, 05:03:53 AM »
Your Welcome Manal ,
Drinking milk with tumeric is a very common practice in India during the flu season and cold months
sharmin is right its realy common here not only in flu season and cold months but its used normaly for energy, for healing wounds and when you got hurted ... its also used when you got any inner wound/hurt  ........ its  used here normaly as a taste enhancer in food recipes , and as a herbal medicie as well .............
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline poo gill

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2008, 04:44:13 AM »
Hi Zaini

What is this magic receipe you mentioned to Manal. AS varrya my daughter is very prone to allergiesa and Prat when he gets his cough spell hb again drops. I will also try with them.

Please post it.

Luv
Puja
"We are like angels with just one wing. We can only fly by embracing each other." 

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2008, 06:09:56 AM »
Hi Puja,

Zaini, said in an earlier post in this same thread, the following

When ever my kids get cough,i give them a pinch or two of turmeric powder and a spoonful of honey in luke warm water.It stops the cough immediately,Turmeic powder in warm milk is also advised,if kids like

So if you try it, tell us what you find :wink

manal

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2008, 09:53:28 AM »
Hi Buddies ,
Sorry for sending something that is not regarding to your Questions .
but it is something that i thought is realy to be shared  with all of you people ..
here is it ,
The medicinal properties of this spice have been slowly revealing themselves over the centuries. Long known for its anti-inflammatory properties, recent research has revealed that turmeric is a natural wonder, proving beneficial in the treatment of many different health conditions from cancer to Alzheimer's disease.

Here are 20 reasons to add turmeric to your diet:

1. It is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent, useful in disinfecting cuts and burns.

2. When combined with cauliflower, it has shown to prevent prostate cancer and stop the growth of existing prostate cancer.

3. Prevented breast cancer from spreading to the lungs in mice.

4. May prevent melanoma and cause existing melanoma cells to commit suicide.

5. Reduces the risk of childhood leukemia.

6. Is a natural liver detoxifier.

7. May prevent and slow the progression of Alzheimer's disease by removing amyloyd plaque buildup in the brain.

8. May prevent metastases from occurring in many different forms of cancer.

9. It is a potent natural anti-inflammatory that works as well as many anti-inflammatory drugs but without the side effects.

10. Has shown promise in slowing the progression of multiple sclerosis in mice.

11. Is a natural painkiller and cox-2 inhibitor.

12. May aid in fat metabolism and help in weight management.

13. Has long been used in Chinese medicine as a treatment for depression.

14. Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, it is a natural treatment for arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.

15. Boosts the effects of chemo drug paclitaxel and reduces its side effects.

16. Promising studies are underway on the effects of turmeric on pancreatic cancer.

17. Studies are ongoing in the positive effects of turmeric on multiple myeloma.

18. Has been shown to stop the growth of new blood vessels in tumors.

19. Speeds up wound healing and assists in remodeling of damaged skin.

20. May help in the treatment of psoriasis and other inflammatory skin conditions

Turmeric can be taken in powder or pill form. It is available in pill form in most health food stores, usually in 250-500mg capsules.

Once you start using turmeric on a regular basis, it's fun to find new ways to use it in recipes. My favorite way to use it is to add a pinch of it to egg salad. It adds a nice flavor and gives the egg salad a rich yellow hue.

I will suggest youu to read complete article .. here is the link of this article ...
http://www.healthdiaries.com/eatthis/20-health-benefits-of-turmeric.html

===========
Umair

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2008, 12:30:17 PM »
Hi Puja,

Do tell us if you find it useful  :hugfriend.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline adeel

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2014, 05:11:47 PM »
Affiliation
Abstract
Curcumin is among the more successful chemopreventive compounds investigated in recent years, and is currently in human trials to prevent cancer. The mechanism of action of curcumin is complex and likely multifactorial. We have made the unexpected observation that curcumin strikingly modulates proteins of iron metabolism in cells and in tissues, suggesting that curcumin has properties of an iron chelator. Curcumin increased mRNA levels of ferritin and GSTalpha in cultured liver cells. Unexpectedly, however, although levels of GSTalpha protein increased in parallel with mRNA levels in response to curcumin, levels of ferritin protein declined. Since iron chelators repress ferritin translation, we considered that curcumin may act as an iron chelator. To test this hypothesis, we measured the effect of curcumin on transferrin receptor 1, a protein stabilized under conditions of iron limitation, as well as the ability of curcumin to activate iron regulatory proteins (IRPs). Both transferrin receptor 1 and activated IRP, indicators of iron depletion, increased in response to curcumin. Consistent with the hypothesis that curcumin acts as an iron chelator, mice that were fed diets supplemented with curcumin exhibited a decline in levels of ferritin protein in the liver. These results suggest that iron chelation may be an additional mode of action of curcumin.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk