Little confused

• 9 Replies

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
Little confused
« on: October 19, 2008, 11:38:49 PM »
My son was last transfused on Sept 12th, we are into the 6th week since his last tx. 
His doctor wanted to let him get a little low so that they can do some testing.  Last week he
started to look tired and pale - his hg was 90 on Wednesday and then 85 on Friday. 

Suddenly he woke up this morning, looking pinker and more energetic and a blood test today revealed that his
hg is now 90.  The nurses were commenting that he looks better today than he did last week.  He has also been very
active today, which is strange for being in the 6th week since his last tx.  Since he was 3 months old he has not gone
more than 4 - 5 weeks w/out a tx.  I was honestly expecting a hg of 78 or something today.  I know that there is a degree of error
in the blood tests, but I am surprised that his hg is even in the ballpark of 90, and I am surprised that he is more energetic today than he was last week.    ??? ??? ??? ??? ???   

Anyone have any ideas? 

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
Re: Little confused
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 11:48:30 PM »
Hi Sharmin,

I am so happy he is active even if we don't know why :biggrin

But sometimes i face the same situation but reversly. Sometimes i find my son so active and having pink lips and i assume that he has a little rise in HB and on the contrary when a cbc is done i find no change. Though i really can't help you identifying the reason but i am just soooo happy our little A if feeling okay

manal

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 11:50:46 PM »
Hi Sharmin,

I would wait few more days to see the progress. Although number of theories came to my mind but nothing for sure. Keep your fingers crossed  :smiley
Regards.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 02:25:35 AM »
Thank you Manal and Canadian Family,

My little "A" gets tranfused tomorrow, but it has been nice to see him able to go this long without a tx.  At the very least he hasn't been getting all of that iron which he was getting last spring! 

They might look at his hg again tomorrow, if he is higher yet I will probably pass out from excitement - even if it is an error  :)

Thanks again and wishing all the best for your children  :hugfriend :hugfriend

Love,

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline poo gill

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 03:07:11 AM »
Hi Sharmin

From my experience, when Prat plays a lot and exerts himself (when we travel or on a holiday) a lot at that time he looks fine cos we feel that the blood is crirculating and I guess the oxygen going in when they are running , jumping climbing and stuff makes them look pink. But after a long play session, he is tired and subsequesntly he looks pale and for a day or 2 though they still play the same amount even after being tired. These one or 2 days he wil stay a bit pale and my mum wil be fretting that hb is gone down and my dad will say no he has been exeritng too much and stuff. Then after he rests like one or 2 good nights sleep things start looking better. We have gone thru this cycle lot many times.

I guess this is the reason Armaan when he woke up was fresh and  all active.

One more thing which I want to highlinght here is that we say yoga is good for them, cos they get a lot of oxygen but isnt there jumping and running equivalent to yoga? Cos they are any ways exercising?

Let me know your views on it.

Luv 
"We are like angels with just one wing. We can only fly by embracing each other." 

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 05:37:45 AM »
Puja,

I'm sure the activity and rest cycle is affecting his general appearance and energy. 

I hope Prat is doing well:) 

Sharmin  :hugfriend
Sharmin

Offline poo gill

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 10:33:55 AM »
Thanks Sharni

Prat is well. I was just talking to him over the phone, he has doone well in his exams and was watching Harry potter.

Luv

me
"We are like angels with just one wing. We can only fly by embracing each other." 

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2008, 01:55:32 AM »
Little A got his tx today, his pretx hg was 88 and he seems to be doing very well today before and after the tx.  He is beginning to learn all of your names and asks about all of you.  Thank you so much for your love.  This is great place for the kids as they grow up to learn about thalassemia and their own care. 

Puja,

I'm glad to here that he is doing well and please congratulate him on doing well on his exams for me:) 

Thank you everyone for your constant support and care,

Love  :heartred

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2008, 03:31:35 AM »
ITS NICE TO HEAR THAT .....
super ....
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2008, 06:21:40 AM »
Sharmin, It makes me really happy knowing that little A is doing well, give him a big hug for me :hugfriend

Puja, me too congratulate him for me, :hugfriend i am proud that all our children are doing great in their schools :clap :thumbsup

manal

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk