Re: Phosphorous Deficiency and Coke
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2008, 07:19:43 PM »
What's phosphorous ?  :huh

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2008, 07:25:38 PM »
Hi,

A quick search on internet revealed the following definition:

What is Phosphorus?
Phosphorus is second only to calcium as a mineral in the body. Phosphorus is present in bones and teeth and combines with calcium to form calcium phosphate which is the substance which gives the skeleton rigidity. It is also present in every cell in the human body and in the body fluids as well.

Function

Helps build strong bones and teeth
Essential for healthy cell membranes
Essential for the conversion of food into energy
Essential for healthy metabolism

Hope this helps
Regards.

Offline Poirot

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2009, 10:19:23 AM »
It should be pointed out that the international cola companies do have powerful lobbies and also spread a great deal of misinformation about their products including so-called debunking sites online.......You are what you eat.

So true, Andy. The cola companies PR probably comes second only to that of the tobacco companies, who kept claiming that cigarettes were not addictive! However, even in the US, it seems like the cola companies are losing the PR game as more people shift to healthier alternatives ..... it has always amazed me that in US restaurants you have to ask for water to be served, and very frequently they try to sell you the bottled variety!

My younger daughter was addicted to colas through the ages 3-6, with disastrous consequences for her milk teeth - all fizzy drinks are now banned in my house, except for some parties.

Poirot

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk