Ban Triggers

• 3 Replies

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Ban Triggers
« on: October 13, 2008, 07:08:24 PM »
This is a message to anyone who gets a "you are banned" message when trying to access this site. If you believe this is an error, please email me at andy@thalpal.com  It is possible that you are unable to access the group because your IP address is very similar to that of a spammer who is banned, and there are several spammers that I have banned. If your IP is similar and you cannot access, I can help sort this out if you do email me.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline jade

Re: Ban Triggers
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 11:36:09 AM »
Hi Andy

I got that a few days back.  I could not join in for around a week but now it is ok.

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 04:59:59 PM »
Jade,

Were you logging in from a different computer when you couldn't get on? I don't see anything about your IP address or email address that would trigger a ban. I have noticed that in the ban log, there are some IP addresses similar to the spammers that have been blocked, and this is why I am asking. If you were logging on from another computer it might explain what happened.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline jade

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 01:21:45 PM »
HI Andy

I was using the same computer.  I do not remember whether it was ban or restricted access but it was something similar, I could not open the site at all for the whole of last week.  This week, I have no such problem.

Jade

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk