Hi again... :)

• 17 Replies

Offline Shanyz

Hi again... :)
« on: May 17, 2006, 07:36:04 AM »

Hello everyone
      I’m Thalassemia major patient from Maldives. My name is Abdulla Shaneez, but my friends call me "shanna". I am 21 years old but looks like a kid though. I was diagnosed when I was 4 months old. Now i have my transfusions in every 15days or so, and have to use desferal 5 days a week but i dont use it that regularly. :blush Yeah, i know that is bad and i am trying to use it regularly.

Bytheway i am new to this new and fabulous site (Forum) but not so new to this group. I used to post and chat in Lisa's previous (MSN) forum. I have been to the first few chat sessions, (which was very intresting, informative, exiting and funny) where i met Lisa, Andy, Vic, Shikha, Bella, Sats, Waxonline and many more.. I just LOVE this family..  :heartred :hug
P.S. Sorry bout my bad english.  :banghead

Cheers  :blowkiss
Shanyz

~Yesterday I dared to struggle. Today I dare to win.~

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
Re: Hi again... :)
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 08:06:24 AM »
Hi,
    Welcome to the new forum. Although I am quite a newcomer compared to the members of the MSN forum and everyone is sooooo nice especially Mr. Andy, Ms. Danielle and Mr. Poirot etc, that I feel as if I've known them from the begining.

It really is a nice family!

Speaking of Poirot, I haven't seem him post lately. I hope he's fine.
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 11:30:06 AM »
I believe Poirot is just outta town for a bit.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Isis

• Ash and me
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 08:19:05 PM »
Hey Shanna,

Hii...This is Shilpa. Your English is jusst fine dear, and good to see you. By the way , the Shikha U spoke to on tht first chat was I   -->>>  me using an alias I liked .....then.    So heyyy,  how are all of you ?

Be regular with that desf. ok..  :wink

Shilpa.

Offline Shanyz

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2006, 09:10:10 AM »

Hi Isis,

I think you should stick to one nick becasue sometimes im so confused by your aliases.. :doh
Everyone is fine and we miss you so much.. specially ur lectures. :(

Cheers  :blowkiss
Shanyz

Offline faibe10

• together we can lives as happy and as healthy
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2006, 08:41:41 PM »
hi sis
we all miss u

faizan

Offline Poirot

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 11:53:51 AM »
Hi,
    Welcome to the new forum. Although I am quite a newcomer compared to the members of the MSN forum and everyone is sooooo nice especially Mr. Andy, Ms. Danielle and Mr. Poirot etc, that I feel as if I've known them from the begining.
    Speaking of Poirot, I haven't seem him post lately. I hope he's fine.

Awwww, Sajid, thanks so much for the compliment :wub
And, thanks for asking after me ....... I was away for nearly 3 weeks on holiday!!!! I had not taken my kids anywhere nice for two years, and so I took an extended holiday this time ...... and, I promised my wife, no internet, before I left!!!!!!!

Offline Poirot

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006, 11:56:53 AM »
Hey Shanyx,

Welcome to the group .... great to see you again, too! Hopefully, you are pumping more regularly now and after Andy's visit, maybe the docs will start you off on L1.

Take care.

Offline Miaki

• Ash and Me Dubai
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2006, 02:50:09 PM »
Hello Shanyx and welcome to the group. We hope you enjoy your time with all of us.

Hey Isis welcome and good to see you here also.

Poirot welcome back from vacation......see half your luck, whilst we were here slaving away you managed to time out for a little rest and relaxation.....well done.

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2006, 03:01:38 PM »
Just to clarify, Shanyx may be new to this version of our site but he is actually a long time member of thal patients, being one of the very first to welcome me to this group. He is one of my dearest friends and it was a true pleasure to finally meet him in Maldives...and I am looking forward to meeting him again as I know I will return there.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 11:50:48 PM by Andy »
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Poirot

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2006, 08:16:37 AM »
Poirot welcome back from vacation......see half your luck, whilst we were here slaving away you managed to time out for a little rest and relaxation.....well done.

Thanks, Miaki .... it was a much needed vacation  :biggrin
What were you slaving away at? Although, based on some friends' feedback, I must say that just being in Australia is like a big vacation all the time!  :biggrin   And, I hope you guys are practising your cricket, cause we are gonna wallop you in 2007!!!!

Offline Miaki

• Ash and Me Dubai
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2006, 03:39:26 PM »
Personally what I was slaving away at will be kept a secret.....lol

But in regards to cricket, wallop as much as you like. (personally I think cricket is the most boring game there could be  :whistle)

Although I can tell you that we have been busy with hosting the commonwealth games, Grand Prix Formula 1 racing and not to forget Soccer or as it's referred to in europe football. We have Australia v's Greece game in 2 days and I will be supporting the winning team.

You must come visit Australia some day and perhaps we can  go watch that boring game of cricket together and I'll allow you to wallop us.  :rotfl

Miaki

Offline Danielle

• Beta Thal Major
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2006, 06:45:37 PM »
Shanyz, you're finally here!   I was wondering where you were.   :biggrin

Welcome to the new forum.   :hug

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2006, 06:58:01 AM »
(personally I think cricket is the most boring game there could be  :whistle)

I also have somewhat similar opinion. Maybe it had to do with the fact the I was brought up in Saudi Arabia and soccer is the main game there. I also love soccer more than cricket and I am looking forward to watch most of the matches possible in the up coming FIFA world cup in Germany, but ever since I moved back to Pakistan, I enjoy seeing important one-day matches of cricket like the finals and the famous India Vs Pak games. But ever since Wasim, Waqar and Sayed Anwar left the sport, I think Pak has become one of the lamest team on the field. (Somehow I don't like Shoaib Akther due to his inaccuracy; although he is from my home town)
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Shanyz

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2006, 07:31:22 AM »
Hi,

Poirot; yes i have started puping regularly and about the L1, i took L1 but i have stopped it because of the stomach upsets. :puke But now i am going to start it again. Thanks to Isis, she gave lots and lots of info about L1 and helped me to start L1 again.

Miaki; nice to see you again. Hope that you could come to Maldives too..

Andy; Awwww!!! :quiver Thats sooooo nice what u said - im really touched by it. I have no words to express that how dear you are to me..  :hug I am really very glad to meet you.
Danielle; Thanks.. yes, im here at last.. and will be here with u guyz always.  :bighug

Shanyz :blowkiss

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk