Aloe Vera anyone?

• 11 Replies

Offline T @ r ! Q

• Beta Thal Major
Aloe Vera anyone?
« on: November 01, 2008, 06:14:17 PM »
Recently i came accross few articles regarding benefits and miraculous properties of Aloe Vera, its good for almost everything, fully packed with Minerals, Vitamins, Amino acids, digestive supports etc. What i really want to know would it be of any help for thals or is someone using Aloe Vera as regular supplement? What about its iron contents, i didn't find the exact figures regarding iron contents in Aloe vera.
Falling down is not defeat... Defeat is when you refuse to get up...
The one who kneels to Allah, can standup to anything.

Offline Dori

Re: Aloe Vera anyone?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 06:37:02 PM »
Hey,

I like those Asian lquire with Aloe Vera. I don't know of Aloe Vera contains a lot of iron. I also  use cream with aloe vera for my skin. I believe that it helps better than the other cream. My skin gets dry very fast.

I think we need more help ;)

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 07:53:44 PM »
From http://www.aloe-vera.org/top_10_reasons_to_use_aloe_vera.htm

Some of the minerals found in aloe vera include calcium, sodium, iron, potassium, chromium, magnesium, manganese, copper, and zinc.

From http://nccam.nih.gov/health/aloevera/

Side Effects and Cautions
Use of topical aloe vera is not associated with significant side effects.
Abdominal cramps and diarrhea have been reported with oral use of aloe vera.
Diarrhea, caused by the laxative effect of oral aloe vera, can decrease the absorption of many drugs.
People with diabetes who use glucose-lowering medication should be cautious if also taking aloe by mouth because preliminary studies suggest aloe may lower blood glucose levels.
Tell your health care providers about any complementary and alternative practices you use. Give them a full picture of what you do to manage your health. This will help ensure coordinated and safe care.

From http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/aloe-vera/NS_patient-aloe

Aloe taken by mouth may lower blood sugar levels. Caution is advised in patients with diabetes or hypoglycemia, and in those taking drugs, herbs, or supplements that affect blood sugar. Serum glucose levels may need to be monitored by a healthcare professional, and medication adjustments may be necessary. People with thyroid disorders, kidney disease, heart disease, or electrolyte abnormalities should also use oral aloe only under medical supervision

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 08:05:19 PM »
Aloe contains trace amounts of several minerals including iron. Iron content is so low that it is listed as 0% in the product information for various aloe vera juice products.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 08:38:19 PM »

Offline T @ r ! Q

• Beta Thal Major
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 09:59:22 AM »
Thanks guys for info and references.

After knowing all this, i am wondering what would be more beneficial. taking gel directly from leaf or using sort of capsule supplements for aloe vera. I have seen people keeping alo vera plants in home and eating its gel on daily basis. Its very good for bones also as I have seen people with Arthritis benefiting from it. And for sugar levels, i am not diabetic (Thanks to Allah) and neither have heart or blood pressure problems, so i think i can safely take it.

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 08:52:19 PM »
Hi all,
here is the recipe of making super tasty Aloe Vera Juice ,
it is the link below from where i found this recipe for more details ( like picture of the procedure of making aloe vera juice ) and more aloe vera recipes please visit this site ...
http://www.aloe-vera-advice.com/aloe-vera-juice-recipe.html

For a normal dosage of 300 grams of pure Aloe Vera juice you will need a Aloe Vera leaf of approximately 400 grams of a mature Aloe Vera plant. Cut the ends of the leaf and the edges.
You split the leaf in two half’s and fillet the clear gel out of the peelings. Be careful not to contaminate your gel with the latex of the leaf. This is a bitter yellow juice coming out of the peelings.

Put the Aloe Vera gel in a blender and add the juice of 3 to 5 oranges or any other kind of citrus fruit and blend it for about two minutes.

After blending, put it in the refrigerator to let it settle for al least two hours. After this period of time it is ready to be consumed. You can delude this nutrient rich homemade Aloe Vera drink with water or any kind of natural fruit juice to enhance taste.
Read this for an Honey and Aloe Vera recipe.

Take Care
Umair
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Dori

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2009, 12:10:10 PM »
Hey, recently I found out that a few organic shops in my city sells Aloe Vera Juice. It is very expensive. I know you mix it with water. They said they dont have it always, but I will search for it.  :smiley

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2009, 12:43:56 PM »
Dore , check the link i sent inmy previous post in this thread , you  can make aloe vera juice at  home , in that link you will learn how to cut aoe vera and its recipes , its easy  .... i never tried it bcoze my father said to me that dont take any kind of risk , your health is good now. .. ut i heartly desire's to try aloe vera .... anywayz wish you all the best with aloe vera juice...

Best Regards
Take CAre
Umair
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Dori

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2009, 03:44:30 PM »
Umair, we do not have aloe vera plants. the liquid is very bad for your clothes, so I better pay more once than cleaning the mess I would make.

Offline T @ r ! Q

• Beta Thal Major
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2009, 05:24:08 PM »
I tried Aloe vera gel on my hair and skin and it reduced my hair fall which happens every winter. But i haven't tried eating it.

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2009, 05:56:45 PM »
I want to remind people, as I have posted this in another thread about aloe vera, that if you have a burn, sunburn or a burn from a pot or any burn, there is nothing that works as good as aloe. Apply immediately. I swear by it and I had many muffler burns from lawn mowers in my younger days and I would find the closest aloe plant (simple enough in Florida as they grow in yards everywhere), cut the leaf open and apply the gel. Voila! A serious burn neutralized.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk