Compact Hb Machine....

• 27 Replies

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
Re: Compact Hb Machine....
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2008, 10:59:33 PM »
i m agree to u all ... u alll r absolutely right ... but i mentioned a llink in  my last post .. check that link hemocue is not one and only hb machine maker ... there r alot of other companies making the same device that thoose device ... well i want to add a comment that is ... this device can low your  Hb when u r cheking ur hb ..it can happen bcoze of the price of the strip which will b used to insert in the device and droping blood drop on it ( which will b used to check Hb) .... hahhahaha.    :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl it can happen not only with u... it can happen with me too . hhahahaahhah   :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl Hb droper could b its (hb checker device's ) second name hahhaha  :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl wat do u say ... plz let me know ...
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 11:47:41 PM by nice friend »
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Kathy11

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2008, 11:34:13 PM »
@nice -friend.
I just want to share the laugh :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl
Told  ya I was crazy :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl
Kathy

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2008, 08:24:03 AM »
Well, it would be good for the blood drives. JSF shoves around their existing machine which is huge (sysmex). This could be an easy solution for them; but JSF checks the other variables of the CP too to screen for Thal. minors during the camps; I doubt this machine would tell the other attributes.
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2008, 09:11:18 AM »
sajid, i agree to you that it is suitable solution for healthcare professional ... it is realy good for blood camps purpose ..with it you can immediately test the Hb  and can start procedure and other test so quickly.. and its a handy device .. soo alot of functions that suit for health care proessionals...but i think nobody claimed yet that it is show the exact results.. .it could b a point to think on and to discusss on ... we also have to remember the price of its strips  for testing.... i want to mention here that it is not only Hb checker ..its a glucco meter aswell ... its a good technology but my oly concern abt is  " its accuracy "  ... an " strips price " ... it is not for home use bcoze i think that we feel the need to check Hb after a week or 12 day .... and its not a good choice to spend a big amount to check the hb twice a month only when u can check it from any lab .... soo i think its a good choice for only healthcare professional and the thalassemia center so they can decide who need to transfusion most (in case of when they r sending back the patients bcoze of blood shortage ) bcoze its quick....   i think i m right  and dont need to askk wat do u say ..but its a good habbit to ask others too ...

soo what do u say guy ???...
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Dori

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2008, 04:01:23 PM »
I hope it's allowed to bump this up?

I'm also searching for a compact hb machine.

Reason: the hospital were I partly grew up moved to the other side of the city. They also telling me that I can't have the results in an hour. First was the hospital 5 min from my home and I'd the results in 10 minutes. I can not travel always only for checking my hgb to Amsterdam (where my currently hospital is) Ofcourse I dislike this situation. Such machine is expensive, but there isn't an other possibility. Mostly in summer I got a more stable hgb, but at the moment it's very difficult to only check and delay the transfusion. To be short: I've had a lot of trouble with docs and hospitals. (That's the reason why I can not have transfusion in my city) I tried for ages to get the posibility to have transfusions at home. I organised everything, but they didn't want to give their signature. There are people who getting at home their transfusion though.

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2008, 08:29:45 PM »
Hi Dore ,
http://www.hemocue.com/index.php?page=41

here i quotesd the link again , it is the link for compact h machine .

===========
Umair

Offline Lyanne

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2008, 06:35:48 AM »

Hi! are we talking bout a hemometer? :dunno the kind medtechs use? :huh coz we have one like it. When we were younger my mom used to test our hemogobin to see whether it's time for a trip to the hospital and have another transfusion..... The kind we have is the smaller version which our favorite lab here is using...... we just buy the chemical that is needed in using it by bottle in the same lab we used to go for a hemoglobin test and other laboratory test. It was bought by my dad in abroad don't know where exactly..........
LYANNE :yahoo

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2008, 09:52:19 AM »
Hi Lyanne ,
here are some pics of above mentioned Hb meter , ... and a link as well ..
http://www.hemocue.com/index.php?page=51

===========
Umair

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2008, 10:48:35 AM »
My concern is it's accuracy,is this machine as accurate as a lab test?

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2008, 11:33:00 AM »
Zain ,i dont know about the result but i want to little chill here soo , i think that it will be as accurate as my Thal Center's Lab (on my Last Tx they showeed me that my Hb is 6.5 , which made me worrieed about hemolysis and other thing . but after a week yesterday i got a CBC  tes and report in which my Hb is 9.5  ( Aga Khan Labs ) ... wat can i say more he hehheh  .. i will post my CbC to interpret that realy soon) ...

TAKe Care
Umair

===========
Umair

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2008, 01:31:43 PM »
There is also ''The Haemoglobin Colour scale'' that is a product by MEDIS one of the companies that had a booth in the Singapore conference.

This scale is like the one for diabitis, where you prick the thumb with a needle ( this needle can go deeper or shallower depending on how you put ) then you put this drop on certain strips then you compare the colour of the drop with a sacle given. This scale has a range of + or -- 2

The site for this product is
http://www.medis.it/hemoglob.asp

Also this company make pumps but they don't sell, but you can buy their products through distributers

manal

Offline Lyanne

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2008, 06:44:41 AM »

Hi! oh i'm afraid ours is not like that. It's a smaller and done manually....... I guess that's more hitech :rotfl, thanx for the info anyhow, and accuracy of the hemometer depends on the one who's reading it I guess....... So one must know how to use the thing to be able to do give the right result............. :biggrin
LYANNE :yahoo

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2008, 08:47:20 PM »
Zain ,i dont know about the result but i want to little chill here soo , i think that it will be as accurate as my Thal Center's Lab (on my Last Tx they showeed me that my Hb is 6.5 , which made me worrieed about hemolysis and other thing . but after a week yesterday i got a CBC  tes and report in which my Hb is 9.5  ( Aga Khan Labs ) ... wat can i say more he hehheh  .. i will post my CbC to interpret that realy soon) ...

Hi buddies ,
i  was kidding , i dont know anything about its accuracy .. it was only for a little smile and nothing more .... i dont know anything abt its results and accuracy .... :grin

===========
Umair

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk