Noravirus

• 7 Replies

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
Noravirus
« on: November 06, 2008, 12:30:22 AM »
Andy,

The Noravirus has been going around my son's school.  Today he came home very sick with a headache and began vomiting one he got home.  He has been sleeping since, and he does not look well at all.  I am thinking that this may have caused the recent drop in his hg on Monday.  Should I be concerned considering his history - thalassemia major and rituximab? 

Thank you,

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Noravirus
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 12:35:57 AM »
Monitor his temperature during the night and call the doctor tomorrow and ask if it poses any special risk. Try to keep him hydrated if he can hold down water or Gatorade. His system is most likely still fragile so it may be just that he reacts strongly to any pathogens right now. He has shown great resiliency so he may bounce back quickly.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 12:46:08 AM »
Sharmin, please keep us updated. I hope there will be anything serious. I will pray for him :hugfriend

manal

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 12:52:43 AM »
Thank you Andy and Manal,

I just spoke with his pediatrician.  He said the the same thing as Andy, to keep him hydrated and that he should bounce back soon.  He will be transfusing him on Friday so we will have his crossmatch done tomorrow.  Good thing he is having the ivig to give him the extra immunity.  Almost 30 % of the students and teachers at the school have gotten the virus over the last 2 weeks, we thought we were home free because he hadn't gotten it yet. 

Thank you for your support guys, I hope we get through this soon - some kids are being sick for days - in our case that would not because it may increase his transfusion requirement. 

I will keep you all posted,

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 11:23:38 AM »
Oh My Dear, :hugfriend

First sister and then brother,kids sure do keep moms busy,i hope he'll start feeling better soon,give my love to him. :hugfriend

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 04:41:44 PM »
Zaini,

Thanks dear  :hugfriend  It has been a tough couple of weeks with something new everyday.  I hope it clears up soon. 

Sharmin   :hugfriend :hugfriend
Sharmin

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2008, 03:35:52 AM »
Friends,
Little A had a rough evening and a terrible night - he was awake most of the night he was trembling and his mind was overactive and he couldn't calm down.  Thankfully, he woke up feeling much better this morning and he has been active and eating well.  His hg was also pretty good but he will be getting a tx tomorrow just to make sure that he won't fall too low during the long weekend here.  I don't think he is completely over it yet, I hear that the Noravirus hits you again when you think you are getting better. 

Manal, thanks for reminding me he is drinking his curcumin right now  :hugfriend 
Thanks for your wishes everyone,

Sharmin

Sharmin

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2008, 05:05:23 AM »
You are welcome Sharmin, i will keep praying.  :hugfriend :hugfriend

manal

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk