Continous Fever

• 24 Replies

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
Continous Fever
« on: November 10, 2008, 01:36:56 PM »
Ahamd has been having a fever for three days now ( starting Friday evening). The max is 39.5 c and when it goes down, it is 37.8 c. The doctor said that it is a mild throat infection. He gave him antibiotic Cefdin 125mg for 5 days and also Zyrtec for 2 weeks cause he has nasal backcharge ( this was present before he got ill )

Today (monday) and untill now 3.30pm he is well with no fever but we can see (even Ahamad himself) that his face is looks a bit different as if it is a little puffy , his eyes look smaller too.

Could this be a result of having 3 days of fever and continous medications that lowers the fever (voltaren, Brufen and Sulide )

manal

Offline sahil

• Thal Major
Re: Continous Fever
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 03:31:50 PM »
Whats the hemoglobin?
My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 03:50:28 PM »
Manal,

I hope Ahmad feels better very soon.  Puffiness can be a side effect of medications, but you should always mention it to his doctor, especially if it increases.   

How are his other symptoms now?  Hugs and kisses to Ahmad  :hugfriend :hugfriend

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline sahil

• Thal Major
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 05:27:35 PM »
Puffiness can also be cause of low hemoglobin, isn't it?
My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 05:42:59 PM »
Manal,

Please cjeck his hb ,because fever can increase the hemolysis rate,He is in my prayers always. :hugfriend

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 06:32:34 PM »
I hope that Ahmad is feeling better.  Were you able to get any advice on the swelling? 

Thinking of you and your family - my prayers are always with you,

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Manal

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 07:31:01 PM »
Sharmin. Zaini and Sahil thanks a lot for your concern :hugfriend

I don't know the Hb right now but usually when it is low after a fever, the doctor give him 10 days as a chance to see if he will correct himself or not and usually he does. so that is why i was going to test it in the coming days :dunno

As for his face, i really can not say it is a severe puffiness, but his face looks as if he had slept for a very very long time. you know what i mean. Actually i didn't have any medical advice on this till now because i don't know if this mean anything or not or it is just that he is being tired out of the fever.

The good thing is that he is active

manal

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 10:22:37 PM »
Hi Manal ,
high fever caused weakness, weakness caused pffines and pffiness result's  the eyes are looking small ... i think thats  wat happened to Ahmed bcoze it is something that i faced when i got severe fevers or severe stomach ache  like something ... please check his Hg .. Insha-Allah he will recover fast & will be fine very soon ....  Best Regards for Ahmed

Take Care
Umair
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Manal

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2008, 10:43:25 PM »
Thanks Umair, i hope that he recovers fast too. I will do the cc and let you know

manal

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2008, 11:26:50 PM »
Manal,

I understand what you mean by the 'puffy face" and puffiness underneath the eyes - making them appear smaller.  My kids both can look like that if they have been sick, I think that is very normal.  Having good energy is a great sign. 

In a way, it is good for the little ones to catch these colds etc. because it helps to develop their immune system.  It is just hard for us to watch  :(

I hope little Ahmad's beautiful eyes are bright and happy very soon - let us know when he is batting his beautiful eye lashes at mama:)

Love you little guy  :flowers :flowers :flowers :flowers :flowers :flowers

Auntie Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Manal

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2008, 11:57:12 PM »
Thanks Sharmin :hugfriend :hugfriend. i will show him those lovely flowers tomorrow morning when he wakes up  :hugfriend

manal

Offline AL

• Aqeel with Aleesya
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2008, 03:13:53 AM »
Isya'Allah everything will be fine!

He's a special boy!

:getwell :getwell

Offline Zaini

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2008, 03:28:52 AM »
Lots of hugs and kisses for our little spider man  :biggrin

You'll be climbing up and up in every aspect of your life,Inshallah.
Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Manal

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2008, 12:55:17 PM »
Oh my God Zaini, he adores this picture and he had a big smile on his face when he saw it. He thought that Sajid had sent him this one. But i told him that it is you and he really thank you so much but he is telling you that he is ''big''Ahmad not ''little'' Ahmad cause he is a big boy :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl. He told me to give you this big hug and he will wait for more . :bighug
 :yahoo :yahoo

Sharmin, Ahmad loved the flowers soo much and he kept asking how you and Zaini know him and if he can see you and what language do you speak. He chose those smilyes for you :kiss :smileblue :bigparty

Many thanks AL for your wishes and concern, they mean the world :hugfriend

manal

Offline Zaini

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2008, 01:45:56 PM »
Hey Big Man,

You'll always be a little boy to your mama and to your aunt zaini  :hugfriend kids are always kids to their parents,even when you'll become papa your self :biggrin

A big hug for you Ya Habibi  :bighug

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk