Exjade and Water

• 25 Replies
Exjade and Water
« on: November 12, 2008, 11:26:39 PM »
Dear friends,

I guess everybody knows that, but our recent experience with my daughter highlighted the importance of water, if you are taking exjade.

She was de-hydrated and the main reason, she refused enough water with exjade. If you are taking exjade than please increase your water intake by atleast 4 glasses of water (i.e. more than your routine intake of 6-7 glasses or more if you live in hot weather). Her kidneys were protesting (side effect of exjade) and the body was not responding to the IV fluid, she developed Edema in her legs and arms.

Exajde will develop slow de-hydration and kidneys will take the tool.

Regards.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
Re: Exjade and Water
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 11:48:41 PM »
Canadian Family,

Thank you for this very important information - I hope that everyone will take note.  There are days, since beginning exjade, when my son feels he needs a lot of water - he feels very thirsty, I will make sure that he does not go without water for very long. 

I am so glad that our little princess is doing well, we have all been thinking about her and praying for her over the last few days.  I am so happy that she is home.  Many hugs and kisses to her  :kiss :kiss :kiss :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 12:31:56 AM »
Thanks Canadian family for sharing such an important information, these observations are very important for new users. Welcome back home   :wink

manal

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 03:35:11 AM »
Welcome back home :)

It seems like there are more and more things to look after once you start Exjade,this is scaring me a little bit,i hope everything will turn out fine when my daughter will start Asunra.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Lyanne

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 05:58:39 AM »

Hi! C. F.,

Oh my God you know what that happened to me last year when I got sick had edema and my hema couldn't figure out why I had edema including my face.But that time I have developed an upper respiratory infection so it wasn't really the main problem my hema have been concentrating on. Thanx for clearing that up for us.....  :hugfriend

LYANNE :yahoo

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 06:15:35 AM »
Hi CF ,
its nice to hear that your daughter have recovered , she is fine now and  doing well day by day ... thanx God she is fine now .....
its realy important note that you mentioned here , bcoze some people (diabetes patients) even can't think about that it could be also bcoze of Exjade (while using exjade )( at-least i can't think bfore reading this post , soo thanx ) that. i feel thirsty when my BSL touch's high marks and if i refuse to take water while i feel thristy bcoze of High Sugaar level that punchs me realy hard, soo it is realy difficult to figure out the reason of feeling thirsty, soo both reason should remain in notice ...

Best Regards
Take Care
Umair
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 06:28:19 AM by nice friend »
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 06:30:10 AM »
Umair,

Thanks.  I thought of that too, but the thirst only happened once or twice during these last few months.  I will have the doctor check his fasting glucose levels soon.  Is there anything else that we should test for?

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2008, 08:25:47 AM »
Hi Sis,
here are some other symptoms....
thirst , sometimes it happened to me after meal , you are drinking alot of water but thrist will remain there and it will dispear  after a few hour to meal, it happen's bcoze of hike in BSL after meal ( when BSL come to near normal ranges)

Pain in legs , same its also ahppen when BSL touch's the high marks.

i feel like fever iinside the body and  right on the back side of neck even in winter, sometimes after meals bcoze of high BSL.

Fade view , its also a sign of high BSL , when it happen's i didn't read the slides on tv and also feel difficulty to recognize the people to a short distance ( 30 35 feets )..

if i m not wrong , you are thinking to check BSL  , its good to keep record and keep good track of everything, but, Little a is definitely fine believe me , i m saying this bcoze i have several reason in my mind here are the main reassons .

there a several reasons why i m saying this ,
he is too young for it,
he were completely in-touch with his doctor,
he were regular with the treatments,
his iron is in complete controle since he was veery Little A ( since he started with Blood Tx) and main reaon of diabetes in thals is Iron .... and few more reasons

soo, dont worry about it , but to kill the doubt abt it  , you may check his BSL .. but more efficiant test is Hb1Ac . it gives you the average of sugar levels of your body within past few weeks . Andy please correct me abt tests if i m wrong ... ill be happy ...

soo he isn't having that prob, wat u r concerning abt . soo please relax he is fine ad will remain in good health and form to play ice hockey ....

Best Regards
Take Care
Umair
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Dori

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2008, 03:53:57 PM »
Hi C-F

Recently I came to the same conclusion as you. Some days I must force myself to drink enough water. I am still not the most brave kid, but I am doing my best.

What is BSL?

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2008, 03:56:31 PM »
Hi Peartree girl,

BSL is blood sugar level :)

I think drinking enough water is a challenge for all of us  :biggrin

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Dori

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2008, 04:12:48 PM »
Yes, that's true. Though those 2l water each day isn't great for your body.
My belly will fight with me when I don't drink enough water ;)

Aha, I gave 7 tubes of blood tuesday. They will also check my bsl e.g.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2008, 05:26:49 PM »
Umair,

Thanks for that message - since last year I freak out at the thought anything more happening to my "little A"   :scared :scared

But it is important to be on top of things and to do all necessary tests, his iron levels did explode for a little while last year. 

Thanks again,
Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2008, 01:52:12 AM »
Your welcome Sis ,
i have mentioned somewhere on this site that Drinking enough water also help's to keep BSL controled ... and i think its thin's the blood keep you away to the blood clotting in body , i thin , its also controle/normalize the B.P ( Blood presure ) ...  so there are more benefits of drinking water than the suffering of drinking water .. you may set your self to drink water with the every hourly bell , it will made easy to drink at-least 12 glass of water a day ....

Take Care
Umair

===========
Umair

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2008, 01:55:16 AM »
Umair,

Thanks bro, I'll make sure that little A drinks his water:) 

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Qiji

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2008, 04:10:56 PM »
Hi dear
I'm new with Exjade and I want to start with it, but I don't no anything about Exjade, how I can Take it and another thing please I want your help and I will be thanks 
Qiji

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk