Urgent advice needed

• 17 Replies

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
Re: Urgent advice needed
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2008, 04:44:11 AM »
Hi guys,

You are right, the 2nd time they did the test the results were available immediately - the first time I had my son tested he was 2 weeks old and we were told that they would have the results in 6 weeks.  However, they lost the sample and we did not get any results.  Finally, at 3 months we discovered our son's hg was 4.4  and that he required an immediate transfusion.   A lot to digest in one day!  He was slowly transfused over 2 days, and our life as we knew it changed that night.  I am sure that every thalassemia major family has a similar story. 

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline zahra

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2008, 10:00:13 AM »
Hi everybody,
Thanks once again for all your support. The first HB electrophoresis they di they got the result in a few hours. This time they said I can collect it in a week or when I come for the next transfusion. I guess the first one was done urgently cause we had been sent to the ER by our regular paediatrician for transfusion b/c Hb was 7.2.
He is loolikg pink now after the transfusion but its still mixed with yellow of jaundice . Does the jaundice ever go away?
Zahra

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2008, 03:54:23 PM »
Zahra,

I am glad that he is looking pink:)  But if you see yellow in his eyes then you should certainly have your doctor see him and have a quick blood test. 

Best,
Sharmin
Sharmin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk