• 8 Replies

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
Is the site slowing down?
« on: May 24, 2006, 08:10:29 AM »
Hello,

Is it my ISP or is the site really slowing down? I recently had a hard time posting for a few days as the site didn't respond for long times after I had pressed the post button or clicked the topic links etc? I know my DSL through put is fluctuating between 8KB/sec to 26KB/sec but I am not getting the delay problem on other sites?

Has anyone else experinced this lately?
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Is the site slowing down?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 01:05:04 PM »
Sajid,
It is not your ISP. The site has been slow and even down since last weekend.
I think it's time we contact the server.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 01:24:24 PM by Andy »
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Miaki

• Ash and Me Dubai
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 01:30:16 PM »
Hi guyz,

phewwwwww good to hear...actually no not good to hear.  :huh

I thought it was my pc and I was so annoyed with it I actually logged off last night as it was so slow.

Time to call the ISP doctor.

Good luck

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 01:44:36 PM »
Ok. I checked with our hosting service and found this, so hopefully the problem will be solved in the next day.

View Profile

IMPORTANT: TNTPowerHost Server1 Maintenance (05-25-06)
« on: Today at 03:42:54 am »

Hi everyone. Server1 experienced a motherboard failure on Sunday, May 21. As soon as the failure occurred, we started working with our datacenter to get things back up and running as soon as possible. Unfortunately, the only replacement motherboard available at the datacenter was not fully compatible with our operating system.

Because the hardware is unsupported in the operating system version, we are currently forced to run the server in a special mode with several features disabled -- one of which is hard drive DMA. This means that hard drive speeds will be much slower than they should be, and therefore Server1 has been slower than normal, especially during overnight backups.

We have scheduled maintenance that will hopefully take care of all issues. We will be moving Server1 to a completely new machine with an upgraded CPU, double the RAM, and a faster main hard drive. All data will be retained on the switch, and everything should be exactly as it was on the old machine (except updated operating system and cPanel versions).

This maintenance is scheduled for the early morning hours of Thursday, May 25, 2006. We are still waiting on confirmation from our datacenter, but we estimate a start time of between 1:00 AM and 2:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time. The exact length of the downtime is unknown due to the fact that the machine with the data that needs to be copied from can only run with reduced hard drive speeds, however we will work on it non-stop until it is finished. A rough estimate on downtime is between two and four hours, but that is only an estimate since we are not sure how the transfer speeds to restore the data will be. We have planned this for the middle of the night USA time to minimize the noticed downtime as much as possible.

We apologize about this inconvenience, and will do our absolute best to get this done the right way and in the shortest possible amount of time. Updates will be posted to this thread as they are available.

Thanks very much for your patience, understanding, and continued business!

-Mark
Andy

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 04:32:24 AM »
Hmm... I also read in the news that Pakistan's Submarine Optic fiber link to Singapore has also been damaged! I was wondering that maybe that was the cause for me too! but now it's clear that whats wrong.
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 01:55:35 AM »
After being out for around 12 hours or so, the site is back up. Let's hope the maintenance is done and won't cause us any more problems.

Andy

kathy10

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2006, 02:35:17 AM »
Hi guys.
HEY I tought it was my senility   hahahahahahaha.
I'm glad its only the technology, playing tricks on me.

i

Offline Danielle

• Beta Thal Major
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2006, 04:52:53 AM »
Yeah, I'm actually glad it was the site, because I was going to toss my computer out the window.  :mad  At least our server can be maintained by our hosting service.   :happyyes

Hopefully it won't give us anymore problems.   :dunno

Offline Miaki

• Ash and Me Dubai
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2006, 05:38:44 PM »
Oh my gosh.......trying to click onto the site drove me insane. I thought oh my god Andy and Danielle have cracked it and pulled the pin on the site. I was trying for hours to get to the site yesturday.

As soon as I clicked on today i kissed my pc (something like when people land off a long plane ride they kiss the ground they are about to walk on)

Good to be back home guys. Fingers crossed no more stuff ups.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk