It's Always Nice to meet You

• 16 Replies

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
It's Always Nice to meet You
« on: November 23, 2008, 03:21:31 AM »
We were just out at a local Indian restaurant and I was admiring the novel way a dad arranged the high chair upside down to accommodate his little one's car seat, and thinking to myself "could that little one be a child I know about?" when the mom turned to me and said, "are you Andy?"  hehe, yes It's me. So, I just met hopefulmommy and her husband and their darling little girl.  :biggrin  Their child is adorable. So happy and healthy looking. It's funny. I knew they lived in the area and we have even discussed meeting up some time and I kept having the feeling I would run into them because we do go to Indian restaurants quite a bit, and sure enough, it happened. They are really nice people. I am always so happy to meet people at conferences and have made such good friends like Danny and Mam, Ambareen and her family, Puja and Vishal...wherever I go meeting everyone is the best part of it.  :happyyes
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
Re: It's Always Nice to meet You
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 07:22:53 AM »
So when are you coming to Pakistan Andy ?  :wink because coming to U.S isn't going to happen for me,Not in this life time at least :wink.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 12:32:06 PM »
Hi Andy ,
i have the same question As Zaini asked to you  ,
So when are you coming to Pakistan Andy ?
its not possible for me to even think abt to visit USA , bcoze i didn't manage to plan to attend National thals conference , karachi ....

Umair
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 05:01:32 PM »
Canada anyone?  I would love to see all of you guys! 
Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 07:21:09 AM »
Sure Sharmin, Tell me whenever airlines are offering free tickets  :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Smurfette

• Me and my Goddaughter
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 12:09:58 PM »
What about Australia?  :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Well its always good to meet up with new people around the world who are going through the same thing as you are or who have a child who is going through the same...

Sharmin if I could come to Canada I would be there in a hearbeat....

Just not possible now for me..

I am having some minor side effects from exjade at the moment and I am not liking it at all... The last few weeks have not been good for me...Hence the abscence in my replies...

I hope to be on top of things soon...
Take care all

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 02:13:17 PM »
Smurfette,

I hope that you are okay.  You are in my thoughts and I hope that the side effects subside really quickly for you because Exjade works so wonderfully.  I am hoping things get better right away.   :hugfriend

If you come to Canada you are always more than welcome to come stay with me Smurfette & Zaini :) 

Sharmin  :hugfriend :hugfriend
Sharmin

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 03:26:36 PM »
Smurfette, i hope you will be better soon, i know it was a hard year for you, interferon then exjade, but you are always an inspiration and definetly things will change. Wishing you all the best, please update us and good luck
 :hugfriend

manal

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2008, 05:25:45 PM »
Smurfette,

Hoping for a quick recovery for you. You are ofcourse a big source of strenght to all of us.

Keep Well.
Regards.

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2008, 06:19:01 PM »
Yeah, it was GREAT to meet Andy and his wife all of a sudden that evening.

When we went there it was pretty late, the resturant lady said , 'we are closing soon, would you  you want to order a take out?' We were so tired, we said no, we'll eat and go. 

And once we were inside and settling down, what a pleasent surprise was awaited us.
Andy, it was really nice to meet you guys.

This forum is so lively, it feels as if we know each other,  its great to be here.

best wishes.

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2008, 08:46:29 PM »
hie Andy!!!!!!

You can take this as formal invitation to you of visiting my DELHI (INDIA) and give oppurtunity to show me my hospitality to a person who dedicate a true person which every religion preaches to be one.......

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2008, 08:51:06 PM »
Hie Ambreen!!!!!!!!!

U are a darling..............u changed my life........u guided me from being a kid to a wise grown up....i love you......and u have a special place in my life and my heart..........Whenever u'll come to Delhi (India)..........think ur l'ill sis is here who seeks your company.....your friendly attitude.......you are as caring as a mother could be......and u have another home here....though people around me,call me angel but u are my fairy god mother.

Offline Laura

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2008, 10:43:23 AM »
Hello everybody,

The door of my home will be open to each of you if you ever come to Barcelona (Spain)  :wink.

Best regards  :hugfriend,

Laura.
The most important thing in life is not what you achieve but the fact of fighting for it.

Offline Dori

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2008, 11:02:37 AM »
Hello everybody,

The door of my home will be open to each of you if you ever come to Barcelona (Spain)  :wink.

Best regards  :hugfriend,

Laura.

Hey, there's a chance that I will visit Spain this year... But I am never sure of we go, because we're talking about my family ;)

Offline Annie

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2008, 11:23:01 AM »
hello frns,
m waiting from India, want to meet you al.
I AM  SUFFERING FROM THALA MAJOR

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk