Friends in Mumbai, Please Let Us Know You're OK

• 26 Replies

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
Re: Friends in Mumbai, Please Let Us Know You're OK
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2008, 04:29:45 AM »
Sahil,  I am glad to hear that you are okay :)  I hope that your friends and loved ones are safe too.  I am sorry to hear that such a disruption and tragedy has occurred in your home town.   

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2008, 09:56:03 AM »
Poirot  and Sahil,

I a relieved to hear that you are ok,but shortage of blood!! that must be devastating, this is the scenario i always worry about, i hope citizens of Mumbai will come forward and donate blood.

May God bless you..

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Poirot

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2008, 12:34:31 PM »
Thank you for your concern and comments: Sharmin, Manal, Zaini, Umair, Kathy, Sarah, CF

Sahil, this is good news that you got your transfusion at the KEM (you are at KEM, right?)

While there has been a shortage of blood in the city, it seems like the city has responded strongly to appeals to donate blood. Also, blood units were airlifted into the city from Delhi and other cities.

Meanwhile, the war is still raging, over 60 hours later, in one hotel and one residential building as I write. The Oberoi hotel has been secured and cleared. The good news is that the commandos are nearly in contol at the two other locations and this should be over soon.

At this moment, I would ask that we remember the 125 people who have died in this dastardly attack - Indians and foreigners, innnocent, unarmed civillians and policemen who led down their lifes for the country.

We may be bloodied, but we will not break.

Poirot

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2008, 01:00:50 PM »
Poirot, I am praying for them, may their soul rest in peace :sorrow :sorrow :sorrow

Sahil

I am happy to hear from you

manal

Offline sahil

• Thal Major
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2008, 01:24:39 PM »
Poirot,

I take my transfusions at Nanavati Hospital.

Yesterday many volunteer donors had come to donate blood in my hospital.

\peace/
My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2008, 09:07:03 PM »
Sahil ,
its  realy relieved me to hear that u r OK  and and got your BT on scheduled time ...

@ Poirot , Sahil & all others
its realy shocking wat happened in mumbai , and still hapening, i hope this wave of terror will end soon ....  its realy heart breaking , wats on there ...  i hope and pray that you people will come out of this tragedy/trauma very soon ....  my request is to all thalpal mebers please update us that u r safe ...  Take Care , My prayers are with you all ...

Umair
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Dori

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2008, 03:45:28 PM »
Hi,

I just watched the journal at bbc. I can not believe that this has happend. It's really, really terrible what is going on. So many deaths.
I'm sorry I runned out of my words. I am glad you are safe and hope this will never happen again!

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
How are things in Mumbai now?
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2008, 03:06:52 AM »
Dear friends in Mumbai,

Please update us on how things are in Mumbai.  I hope that the city has begun to recover and pick up the pieces after the terrible violence.  I hope that all of our friends are still safe.  Have blood transfusions returned to normal? 

On a personal note, I just wanted to add that I hope that people do not 'buy into' the messages of hate - terrorists are not Hindu, Muslim, Sikh, Christian, Indian, Pakistani or American - they are just terrorists and they prey on humanity.  I hope we can see the humans that live in all of these countries and who practice different faiths - as being good people like ourselves.  Don't let terrorists fill your hearts and minds with hate toward anyone.  I have friends in so many different countries - many from this site and it would break my heart if any of them were to be hurt in any way - regardless of their faith or country of origin.  This is just a message that comes from my heart - I hope that I don't offend anyone's point of view. 

I hope to hear form our friends in Mumbai - and I hope you are all doing well,

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Annie

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2008, 06:53:32 AM »
Hello all,
Thanx people for your concern.
Although m not from Mumbai..still m an Indian and it affects me what happenes in my country..
so thank you so much..for prayers and blessings.
Sahil and poirot thank God you are safe..plz keep in touch..
take care..
I AM  SUFFERING FROM THALA MAJOR

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2008, 09:02:42 AM »
Dear friends in Mumbai,

Please update us on how things are in Mumbai.  I hope that the city has begun to recover and pick up the pieces after the terrible violence.  I hope that all of our friends are still safe.  Have blood transfusions returned to normal? 

On a personal note, I just wanted to add that I hope that people do not 'buy into' the messages of hate - terrorists are not Hindu, Muslim, Sikh, Christian, Indian, Pakistani or American - they are just terrorists and they prey on humanity.  I hope we can see the humans that live in all of these countries and who practice different faiths - as being good people like ourselves.  Don't let terrorists fill your hearts and minds with hate toward anyone.  I have friends in so many different countries - many from this site and it would break my heart if any of them were to be hurt in any way - regardless of their faith or country of origin.  This is just a message that comes from my heart - I hope that I don't offend anyone's point of view. 

I hope to hear form our friends in Mumbai - and I hope you are all doing well,

Sharmin

Well said Sharmin  :hugfriend these are the words from my heart,i couldn't have said it better, I ,as a muslim and Pakistani ,condemn any kind of terrorism,happeneing anywhere in the world,which results in hurting people and taking lives.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2008, 10:28:52 PM »
I :agree to both of you ( Sharmin & Zaini ) , its the voice of my heart as well ... my heart beat's for humans and humanity ... to the bottom of my heart " I CONDEMN TERRORISM " ,  .... i hope our other friends will b also fine there in mumbai , Poirot and Sahiil plz keep in-touch with us and keep us  updating about ur health and treatments , r u getting blood on scheduled transfussion date ??...  i hope and wish that, you are getting Tx on scheduled date  ... Best Regards for you people ...

Take Care
Umair
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Life is Beautiful ~

• Writing on behalf of my daughter
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2008, 07:01:26 PM »
I am attaching some the photos of the Terrorist Attack in Mumbai.

I want to see a definitive cure of Thalassaemia in my lifetime. May God bless all of us.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk