Friend advised to take: Tiaojing Cuyun wan Please Help

• 44 Replies

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
Friend advised to take: Tiaojing Cuyun wan Please Help
« on: November 27, 2008, 04:19:07 AM »
A friend of mine is experiencing unexplained infertility - she has just started clomid and is being seen at a very prominent fertility clinic.  She and her husband are otherwise healthy. 

She is having accupuncture for relaxation and the accupuncturist recommended "Tiaojing Cuyun wan" to her.  I don't know whether it is a good idea for her to take these herbs or if it is best for her to focus on taking multivitamins and and balanced diet while she waits for the fertility drugs to help her conceive.  She is obviously eager to have a baby and wants to do whatever she can to increase her chances. 

Does anyone else know about these herbs?  I am a little reluctant to encourage her to take them until I know more about them.  Below are the ingredients of "Tiaojing Cuyun wan":

Ingredients:
Spatholobus suberectus stem, Cuscuta europaea seed, Epimedium brevicornu herb, Curculigo orchioides rhizoma, Nelumbium speciosum seed, Astragalus, membranaceus root, Zizphus spinosa seed, uncaria sinensis stem, Loranthus parasiticus, Dioscorea opposita rhiz, Poria cocos fruit, Paeonia lactiflora, Salvia miltiorrhiza root & rhiz, Paeonia veitchii root. Contains fructose, glucose & sucrose from honey.
Directions: Each pack includes 10 small bags, and every bag has 5g small pills. Take 1 bag each time, twice daily. Starting on the 5th day of menstrual cycle then take for 20 days every month.

Andy, could you kindly advise?

Thanks everyone for your help,

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
Re: Friend advised to take: Tiaojing Cuyun wan Please Help
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 12:07:49 PM »
Hi Sharmin

I know nothing about this but i really wish her the best of luck

manal

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 12:30:11 PM »
Sharmin,

Can't she go for IVF ? Wishing her the best of luck.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 04:02:21 PM »
From experinece, I can tell that depression and anxiety precludes one from concieving effectively. Its all in the mind, if you relax yourself and don't think about it (easy to say and hard to do) than you improve your chances.

Don't know anything about the 'Tiaojing Cuyun wan', however, clomid is a very basic fertility drug and is the first line of defence. There are more drugs and procedures if clomid fails and chances are great. If you could tell her that, she may overcome the anxiety. Hope she does well with clomid, most people do.
Regards.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 05:57:03 PM »
Manal, Zaini and Canadian Family,

Thank you for your responses.  I will pass on your good wishes to her.  She is currently in the first phase of the treatment - the clomid.  She is also on the wait list for IVF, but their hope is that the clomid will work while they wait. 

You are right Canadian Family, I believe that anxiety plays a big role in all of this.  I know that when we are desperate we will consider anything that promises us what what want - therefore she is drawn to the herbs - but I don't want her to take something that could harm her.  I red somewhere that the 'Tiaojin Cuyun wan' somehow comes from black chickens in China, but I don't know for sure.  All kinds of red flags are going up for me, but I don't really know for sure.  In the meantime I am tempted to tell her to stick to the treatment she is on and steer clear of these things. 

I will wait to hear if anyone else knows anything else.  Thanks again friends,

Sharmin
Sharmin

Kathy11

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2008, 08:38:52 PM »

Hi Sharmin.
First and foremost  I would like to thank you for your continueous moral support  you are one in a million.we are all blessed to have you as a friend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend

You are doing a wonderfull job  keep it up. :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Now, in reponse to your friend situations ,I would encourage her to keep on taking her clomid and to research into the :T cuvun" because if that stuff is made of Black chicken from china ,it could contain those chook Viruses and that might cause her more problem." Clomid" have been proven effective in the past so I would say it is her safe bet.To much medication might jeopardize her chance of conceiving,
I wish her luck.
thats my thought.

Kathy

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2008, 09:33:17 PM »
Tiaojing Cuyun Wan is commonly prescribed by acupuncturists for fertility problems. It is an herbal remedy and it can easily be found for sale on Ebay. Some of the herbal ingredients may have some use in thalassemia as they do have some value countering anemia and this is one factor that gives it some value to promote fertility. I don't know where the black chicken rumor comes from but nothing in the ingredients suggests animal content. One of the ingredients, astragalus, is an immune system booster that I take every day. There appears to be only one source for this herbal preparation and it is made by a company called Tong Ren Tang. This company was established in 1669! They do have a long record of providing herbal remedies.

I don't think it would do any harm to use this preparation but please be aware that herbal medicines work by attempting to bring the body to an optimal state so that conception can take place. If there is no physical reason your friend can't conceive, it may be of some use to try this preparation. I would also suggest she look at Ebay to get a better price.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2008, 04:23:24 AM »
Kathy,

Thank you kindly for your advice and your sweet compliments:):)  It is very kind of you to say  :hugfriend   We all feel pretty lucky to have you too  :hugfriend :hugfriend

Andy,

Thank you for the information I have passed it on to my friend.  She will appreciate your knowledge and experience with some of the ingredients. 

I will let you know what she decides and how things turn out. 

Thanks again  :hugfriend :hugfriend

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
Friend had IVF - waiting to do pregnancy test
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2009, 03:04:49 AM »
This very very dear and close friend of mine has gone through IVF (her husband has thal, she is non thal).
She will be doing her pregnancy test tomorrow morning or Monday morning.  I am praying that her pregnancy test will
be positive - she has been trying for four years and finally they attempted IVF.  Your prayers will help  :pray 

Thank you friends,

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Zaini

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2009, 08:03:06 AM »
I hope she'll get a positive report,it would be great, :hugfriend

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2009, 08:55:13 AM »
Sharmin keep us updated

:pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray
manal

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2009, 07:08:26 PM »
Thank you Zaini and Manal,

She took a home pregnancy test today and it was negative.  Tomorrow is the actual pregnancy test that the clinic is going to do but she is very heart broken.  I don't know how to console her.  I wonder if the home pregnancy test is not as accurate... I am not sure.  I am so sad for her and I pray that the test tomorrow is positive but I don't know what the chances are of that.  It makes me realize what a blessing children are.

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2009, 07:15:56 PM »
The best thing is to tell her not to give up on IVF. The success rate is no better than with natural pregnancy so it may take a few tries. Helen tried for several years before finally getting pregnant.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2009, 07:26:59 PM »
Thank you very much Andy, I will pass your message on to her.  Everything went very well during her treatment, they had very very healthy embryos, one was transferred and the doctors said she had an 80% chance to achieving pregnancy.  The rest of the embryos will be frozen and somehow I have to get her through this waiting period. 

Thank you again,

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Zaini

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2009, 08:33:14 PM »
Sharmin,

Home pregnancy tests aren't always accurate,i hope she'll get a positive report in the lab test.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk