GOD always watching us and give us all his strength to fight
From now on wish you and your familly a very good health
God Bless You

Mam

Offline Narendra

Re: ABDULWAHAB IS A WINER
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2006, 11:24:49 PM »
Khalifa and Abdul Wahab,

Congratulations on getting the BMT successfull after all the issues which came up. God finally heard the prayers and it is quite a miracle!!

Would you mind sharing if this was a related or an unrelated Bone Marrow Transplant? Also, I heard the 1st Bone Marrow failed. Would you mind sharing why might the 1st one failed(I know this might be unknown) and what were the complications?

-Narendra

Offline KHALIFA

• ONE FOR ALL AND ALL FOR ONE
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2006, 09:50:11 PM »
HI ALL
        regard my son first bone marrow transplant failed i think because the cemotharapy in the bigining is not enough that what i thinjk and he do't have any coplication he return back to thalassimia major      again even the Dr's don't know.
        a bout his second bone marrow transplant  we didn't use the bone marrow  we used the prepheral blood stem cells from the same donor we take from her the bone marrow in the first tried . 
          the complication was after 45 days of transplant he got a coma this come reson from some kind of drug it's name CYCLOSPORINE this drug imunesupress let the new bone marrow working and crow in the host body without any kind of rejiction from lymphosite cells but he got a come and make  LISIONE in the brain but it was not strong one  after the Dr stop that drug he found out the boy have GVHD (graft versus host disese) without that drug he have to use medrol as high dose to prevent the viruses and GVHD after a while with a GOD help Dr.javid deside to give new drug and also it's similler to the old drug  it's name CELL-CEPT but it's less poisene he lost almost 10 kilo from his wight within 2 month but now he recover it a gain his a bility to walk before was ZERO not like other child in his age now he return back as before giving me real head ache but am very happy for this head ache because i promise him to give him real head ache in his first night when he get marry in feuture LOL :biggrin
    any way i sugest when you or any one decide to make this operation to put front his or her eyes THERE IS A FAIL AND SUCCESS THERE IS A LIFE AND DIE THE Dr JUST A RESON
        also from my expiriance when i've been in italy for 13 month we have three family they lost there children. 5 years old and 16 years old and 13 years old but the successeful is more than 90%.....
               i hop i answer your quistions
                                                         khalifa almusallam 
RED_PILOT

Offline Narendra

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2006, 03:23:01 AM »
Thank You Khalifa for explaining about the 2 transplants.

This gives the other readers who might be thinking for Bone Marrow Transplant what they moving forward into, but as you mentioned, there is Success and there is Failure. A lot is dependent on luck.. but 90% seems quite good

I am glad to hear Abdul wahab is doing quite well. One's own bone Marrow generating the blood, what else can we ask for!! Especially, when a Thal(Major) gets this success - It gives internal happiness not only to the parents, but also to those that are wishing for other Thal's well being!!

God Bless All
-Narendra

Offline jzd24

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2006, 05:04:52 AM »
Khalifa,
    I am so happy that Abdulwahab is finally recovering. What a struggle he had, and what a supportive family to help him.  He has a strong spirit. Congratulations!   :yahoo

Offline KHALIFA

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2006, 11:19:16 PM »
  Dear friends  :wub
       10/06/2006          today i took my son to the hospital for blood check as a routain every 2 weeks the Dr told me the HB is 11.6 and PLT is 197000 and all WBC and RBC within normal range but am still worry a bout his waight he gain just 4 kilos since he descharge from the hospital on 27/12/2005 in italy after that fighting with GVHD because his waight befor the GVHD was 28 kilos and on the day of descharge he was almost 18 kilos but the Dr told me don't worry he will be ok and the waight take time......My son he didn't have any blood transfusion since last MARS that's mean the new bone marrow is working good... for more spicific my son recive PBSC (PREPHERAL BLOOD STEM CELLS) last june 30 2005  this is the last news a bout my son..
                     khalifa  ;D
RED_PILOT

Offline Poirot

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2006, 05:39:32 AM »
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!  :yahoo :party

Must be such a super feeling after all the stress and trauma that Abdulwahab and you and your family went through.

Keep well.

Poirot
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 05:42:37 AM by Poirot »

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2006, 07:20:44 AM »
Good to know that your son is recovering nicely! Don't worry about his weight! Just give him a healthy diet and try to keep him happy. Throw a party among his cousins and friends; he will love it and stay happy for a long time. For gaining weight, give him a diet of things he likes most!

:party :party :party
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Narendra

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2006, 02:26:05 PM »
Khalifa,

Your son's weight gain is better than the mean weight gain shown at the link below after 1 year post BMT.

Click here(Bold letters) : -
Post BMT - Weight Gain

The mean weight gain was 2.5 kg with a median weight gain of 2.3 kg and a range of –1.2 to 9.4 kg

Don't worry about his weight gain. His doctor's are good and as Sajid mentioned give him what he likes so that makes him feel better to eat. I also have heard some Thal Patients took Growth Hormones. I don't know much about it, but if weight gain remains a problem - the doctor's might suggest other options

-Narendra

Offline KHALIFA

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2006, 11:25:08 PM »
  Narendra
              i preciat to you  to send the site to me i know a bout it but the problem is my son had before real bad GVHD this kind of GVHD made for him very bad dhirea for almost three month he was survive on IV no eating no drinking his weight was in septembar 2005 (28 kilos) last disembar was 18 kilo and now almost 7 month from his discharge and also i cant give him any thing he have to eat special food because he still taking  a MEDROL (CORTISON) so i sugest to wait few month to start given him what he like but what make me feel ok that his blood is ok ...
                        khalifa
RED_PILOT

Offline KHALIFA

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2007, 10:29:31 PM »
Hi all  :wavey i know long time no report a bout my son Abdulwahab  he is ok and doing ok we stoped some drugs and keeping some of them regard his waight he is now around 24,5 kilo he gain waight very slow because we have to keep colostrol under control (his colostrol gain very fast MEDROL RELATED) his CBC test is make all the Drs here in kuwait and in italy satesfied (SPICIALLY THE Drs HERE IN KUWAIT  :winky ) am now prebaring my self and my son to go back to italy a gain for check up and also scanning him from up to down back and front  :biggrin so i have to go back to eat pizza  :wah ..
             All the best for all
                                  khalifa
                            state of kuwait
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 02:35:12 AM by KHALIFA »
RED_PILOT

Offline Courtenay1826

• Mommy to Karol & Mychael
  • Thal Minor (with symptoms!)
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2007, 03:17:17 AM »
Khalifa-

I am so glad to hear of Abdulwahab's success with the BMT! amd very glad to hear he is gaining weight!  :biggrin

All our love,
Courtenay

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2007, 04:48:39 AM »
All the best to your family, I wish your son continued gains in good health! 
Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2007, 07:55:03 AM »
Hello!

That's a great news!!

Good to hear that your son is recovering nicely! :happydance

Wishing him a complete recovery soon. :getwell

I think you guys should be awarded an honorary Italian nationality and free pizzas for life! :wink

Take care, Peace!
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2007, 12:32:02 PM »
Good Luck Khalifa, i am sure that Abdel Wahab will continue to be better
Manal

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk