You are welcome Dore  :hugfriend.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
Re: Exjade and kidneys
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2009, 06:40:49 AM »
Dore,

My mistake ,i am sorry,i converted your hb wrong,i was converting it into mg/dl,the actual unit is g/dl,according to which 4 mmol/l means 6.4 g/dl,and 5.5 mmol/l means 8.8 g/dl.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Jos.-

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2009, 05:17:20 AM »
I'm not quite sure you're right Zaini. As far as I know - thanks to the link you provided on December 20, 2008 - 4 mmol/l equals 72 mg/dl = 7,2 g/l and 5.5 mmol/l = 99 mg/dl = 9.9 mg/l. So your first calculations were accurate.

Jos.-

Offline Zaini

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2009, 06:02:36 AM »
Hi Jos,

That link was for Diabetic patients,and when i checked my daughter's report i saw that hb was measured in g/dl and not mg/dl,so i searched a little bit more and found the correct converter.Here it is,

http://www.etoolsage.com/Calculator/Hemoglobin_Calculator.asp?amount=8.2&UnitSelect=mmol/l&AgeGroup=1

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Jos.-

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2009, 04:57:05 AM »
Hello Zaini,

Thanks for the explanation. Now I understand, you were first using the converter for clycosylated Hemoglobin A1c to Average Blood Sugar Level. The link you provided doesn't work though.

I found this rather useful alphabetical list of all kinds of conversions:
http://www.diabetesexplained.com/diabetic-conversions.html

Regards,

Jos.-

Offline Zaini

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2009, 06:07:56 AM »
Umm I am sorry Jos,but i just checked it and its working  :huh.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Jos.-

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2009, 08:56:38 AM »
 :huh      ???

Can't get it working neither by clicking nor by copying ....

Offline Dori

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2009, 02:42:06 PM »
:huh      ???

Can't get it working neither by clicking nor by copying ....

Dag Jos,

Nice to see an other member from the Netherlands. Kunt u iets meer over uzelf vertellen?

Groetjes, Dore

Offline Jos.-

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2009, 04:35:53 AM »
Hoi Door,

Hello to you too! Your name was mentioned in the thread following my introductory post in the sub-forum 'The Spotlight'. So I thought let's have a look at Door's posts.

In that thread you'll find all the information about me I could give at this moment. Please see http://www.thalassemiapatientsandfriends.com/index.php?topic=2808.msg27554#new. I hope you don't mind me doing it this way. And if you ever write to me in Dutch please leave out the word 'u'   :smiley

By the way how about you Door? How are you? Did you see http://www.thalassemiapatientsandfriends.com/index.php?topic=2824.0 in 'General Chatter'? A lot of people are following your doings and of course your wellbeing. I'm one of them too from now on.

See you!

Jos.-

Offline Dori

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2009, 09:29:10 PM »
Hello, I don't know where to put it else. I restarted Exjade. I got 2 targets for a period with no limits, but without a break. I take 750mg at night to avoid sleep effects during the day. First i want to cross the magical line of 1000 and secondly I want to reach the 800.
The only problems is that I experience signs of possibly kidney and liver problems. I hope I only became paroinide(sp?), you know what I mean, and that it are only the signs of starting. Tomorrow morning normal test(only kidney) and wday the results and tanking up.

That's what I wanted to say. One thing: any advice what to do with a toddle with way too high kidney and liver levels? We talk about 375mg and pyruvate kinase deficiency. )

Offline Dori

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2009, 09:34:01 PM »
 I forgot to tell you that for the first time in a year I was able to postponed my transfusion for a week!!!! It was 5.8mmol/l plus the most hot days of the year;)
ifeel well, I only get bike in my own fast speed. That's OK. That's good enough for a 3week interval :-D

Offline Zaini

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2009, 04:56:38 AM »
Dore,

What do you mean by possible liver and kidney problem,please keep a check on your SGPT and serum creatinine.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk