IP6

• 14 Replies

Offline Scott

IP6
« on: April 15, 2010, 11:59:38 AM »
Hi everyone. I have searched for the answer to my question in these forums, but have been unable to find it. I apologize if this has been discussed before. What is the dose per kg or lbs of IP6 that someone should take? My daughter Audrey is transfusion dependant and weighs 14lbs. I have purchased some IP6 for her to take but I am not sure how much to give her. I do plan on discussing this further with her hematologist (they have already ok'd her taking IP6) but I thought I would ask here!

Thanks,

Scott

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: IP6
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 02:21:40 PM »
Hi Scott,

IP6 is very safe. You can take one capsule (500-750 mg) daily and mix it with water or juice. Do not mix it with milk, as it reacts with protein which will lessen its value.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 12:26:47 PM »
Thank you Andy!!

Scott

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 08:26:59 AM »
dear Andy,
sorry for annoying, but kindly tell me  how much i have to take from the IP6? i am 54 kg.
thank you

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 05:21:51 PM »
You can take anywhere from 2-6 capsules daily.
Andy

Offline aabha

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 03:48:31 PM »
Hi Andy,
is it ok to give my 7mnth old son IP6 capsule on my own or do i need a doctors prescription?when you had mentioned IP6 earlier i thought one has to include it from dietary sources,hence tried sesame,didn't know there is a capsule :rolleyes.sometimes i feel so lost......the future is so scary.....wonder what sins i comitted that i am paying for..........
aahba

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 04:28:08 PM »
You can open the IP6 capsules and mix it with any non-protein liquid, such as water or juice. It is related to the B vitamins and is perfectly safe. It is not a med and you don't need a doctor's approval. Many doctors wouldn't even be aware of IP6.

You are not paying for any sins. Thalassemia is the most widespread genetic disorder on earth. It is completely hereditary and is not the result of anyone's misdeeds. If anything, thals are paying for the survival of the species during malaria epidemics, as thal carriers have a much higher survival percentage. So if anyone wants to say prayers, they should say prayers thanking thals for carrying the burden of survival of our species.
Andy

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 04:17:32 AM »
Aabha,

I can totally understand what you feel like,a few years back,i also used to feel the same,even now a days sometimes it gets the better of me,but my dear future is not scary and dark,in fact its hopeful and bright for thals,new advancements are being made and there is another cure on the horizon,and even if we don't count it for right now,with the help thats available now a days,with the understanding increasing day by day,our kids have a 100% chance at life,and your son is even younger,please put all the negative things aside and stand upright,know that after God,it will be you who'll design your child's life,you'll give him hope and the sense that there is nothing wrong with him,he has no curse or dilemma attached to himself,and he is not paying for anybody's sins,God is really really merciful to make a child pay for parent's sins,so don't ever think like that.

Be strong and be positive,because what ever you are,your child would be the same,it can be hard sometimes i know,do share your feelings with us,we are all here for you  :hugfriend

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline aabha

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 05:49:55 PM »
Dear Andy,
Thankyou so much for the support and information.You are a great help...............and amazingly prompt in replying though you must be a very busy person...........can't thank you enough.there are days when i feel really low,will try and check that
regards
aabha

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010, 06:16:22 PM »
I don't know how I do it either. I have been extremely ill with a full blown sinus and lung infection since last week and am getting very little sleep and feel quite terrible. I'm trying my hardest to keep up here.
Andy

Offline aabha

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2010, 06:28:36 PM »
Dear Andy
Get well soon.Take care
regards
aabha

Offline aabha

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2010, 10:34:06 AM »
Dear Zaini,
thanks a lot for the pep talk,really needed it.I am trying to be positive so that i can think with a clear mind and go on but on some days i feel really low.It is going to be tough till we find a sibling match for my son.....we are trying...
How is your daughter? may God bless her.Thanks again for your support.
love and regards
aabha

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 10:50:49 AM »
dear Andy,
get well soon

Offline Scott

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2010, 03:33:55 PM »
I know how you feel aabha. My daughter doesn't have thal, but has a very simlilar genetic disorder. Audrey is 18 months old and I have had a rough ride (ups and downs) over the past 18 months. Stay strong and hopeful. Enjoy every moment with your child and know your son WILL be alright.

Take care,

Scott

Offline aabha

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2010, 01:33:05 PM »
Dear Scott,
thanks for the support,will keep the faith
regards
aabha

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk