hepatitia c

• 2 Replies

Offline harsimran

hepatitia c
« on: June 02, 2006, 12:26:57 PM »
i want to know is this cureable

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: hepatitia c
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 02:27:53 PM »
Hi Harsimran,

Please read through the posts at
http://www.thalassemiapatientsandfriends.com/index.php?topic=145.msg883#msg883

The drug interferon has cured hepatitis in some patients. It is a long course of what can be a harsh drug.
Some patients have also been able to keep their hepatitis under control with the use of the natural herb, milk thistle. Is there anyone here that can share their experience with milk thistle? What dose have you taken, for how long and what were the results?
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Re: hepatitia c
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 04:43:40 PM »
i want to know is this cureable

Hep C is  not 100 % curable .. the treatment, as Andy mentioned is quite harsh, but not intolorable. With the treatment, you have a nagging feeling of fever, body aches etc. As a result you feel sick almost  all of the time. But if the drug does work for you, then the symptoms will gradually become less , as the load of the virus comes down.
Sometimes, interferon does not work. So they start the treatment and monitor every 3 months.. after 6 months, if it is seen that the drug is not working, then the treatment is stopped.
And if the drug works, then the treatment is for continued for a year.
I think it is advisable to treat oneself, when the load of the virus is low, then the chances are much better.
The drug might not work for all.. I really do not have the answer as to why?
I have no exprience with Milk Thistle or any other alternative drugs.

Hope this helps..

shikha mitra

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk