Wish us luck !!

• 503 Replies

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
Re: Wish us luck !!
« Reply #330 on: October 28, 2009, 11:24:18 AM »
Hi everyone,

I wanted to give a little update,this time when Little Z went for transfusion,we gave sample for SGPT and it came back 40,Alhumdulillah close to normal,and her ferritin is decreasing too,it went from 1400 to 1261,its a very small decrease but i am still happy that it has started to decrease,she is on 600 mg Asunra,and we are sticking with the same dose,hopefully her ferritin will lower more :) .

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #331 on: October 28, 2009, 12:21:06 PM »
Thanks Zaini for sharing the wonderful news, congratulaation dear :hugfriend

Keep it up, with love to you and little Z :hugfriend

manal

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #332 on: October 28, 2009, 01:19:30 PM »
Zaini,

Thanks for sharing the good news.  Little A's SGPT had increased for a short duration and then returned to normal.  Once it was normal for a while, his exjade dose was increased to 1000 (5 X a week) and 625 (2 X week).  Soon after that, his ferritin decreased to 500.  Exjade requires a lot of patience, but once things are under control, it can reduce the ferritin to near normal levels.  I hope that will be the case for our lil Z very soon. 

Keep us posted!

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Zaini

« Reply #333 on: October 29, 2009, 06:04:24 AM »
Thanks friends :hugfriend

Sharmin,

How much exjade Lil A is taking right now ? since his ferritin is 500?

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline maha

« Reply #334 on: October 29, 2009, 06:35:27 AM »
Hi Zaini
Glad to hear Lil Z`s SGPT levels are close to normal and her ferritin is on the decline.

maha

Offline Zaini

« Reply #335 on: October 29, 2009, 06:39:52 AM »
Thanks Maha :hugfriend.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #336 on: October 29, 2009, 02:03:57 PM »
Hi Zaini ,
Thanx for the super good update , i m glad to hear this .. may Lil-Z will do more fine with Exjade/Asunra ... May ALLAH (God) bless u, ur family n especially lil-z ..

Lots of best regards

Umair :)
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #337 on: October 29, 2009, 05:44:12 PM »
Hi Zaini,

Lil A is still getting the same dose (1000mg/5 days a week) & (625mg/2X a week).  The reason for remaining on a high dose, despite having low iron levels is that we are keeping up with a less predictable transfusion requirement.  Although better than before, his hg requirement is still higher than most children. 

I think that lil Z will do even better, once her iron levels get down they will be maintained on a lower dose :)  It sounds like things are going in the right direction now. 

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Zaini

« Reply #338 on: October 30, 2009, 02:15:16 PM »
Thanks Umair and Sharmin :hugfriend

I hope soon her ferritin will be below 1000.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #339 on: October 31, 2009, 06:21:51 AM »
I hope soon her ferritin will be below 1000.
INSHA-ALLAH (("God willing")), zaini sis , Ferritin will come soon below 1000 ...

Umair
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 06:29:23 AM by nice friend »
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Dori

« Reply #340 on: October 31, 2009, 08:14:31 PM »

Lil A is still getting the same dose (1000mg/5 days a week) & (625mg/2X a week).  The reason for remaining on a high dose, despite having low iron levels is that we are keeping up with a less predictable transfusion requirement.  Although better than before, his hg requirement is still higher than most children. 

Why two different doses of Exjade in a week? Why not all week long 1000mg? The other thing I want to say is that Lil A and I are taking exactly the same dose. I too take 1000mg, but then every day. Is this dose not way too high for him? What interval of blood transfusion does he have?

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #341 on: November 01, 2009, 02:36:39 AM »
Zaini,

I just love the picture you have of lil Z.  God bless our little princess. 

Dore,

Lil A is on a higher dose of exjade (approx 30mg/kg) in place of the combination therapy her was on.  He receives 20cc/kg of blood every 3 weeks - which is higher than the recommended 15cc/kg of blood every 4 weeks.  It is best at his age to stay ahead of iron accumulation, especially considering that his high tx frequency resulted in a little bit of iron overloading in 2008.  He will have a SQUID and T2* repeated in February.  By then we will also see if his tx frequency stabalizes in order to decide if his exjade dose needs to be adjusted.

The doc felt that it was best to give him a higher dose for 5 days, and a lower one for 2 days in order to reach what she felt was the best overall chelation for him.  I wonder what they will do when in February.  I would like to see his iron remain below 500, actually close to 100 if possible while he is growing. 

Perhaps you require a maintenace dose, while lil A requires a slightly more aggressive dose  ??? ???

I hope that your chelation is going well :)

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Zaini

« Reply #342 on: November 01, 2009, 10:04:23 AM »
Thanks Sharmin,

It was eid day so she was reaallyyy happy :wink

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Dori

« Reply #343 on: November 01, 2009, 12:45:19 PM »

I hope that your chelation is going well :)

Well? It stays around 1000. I'd tx at friday and it was a bit under 1000 now. Things are very hectic here, no free day untill 5 December if not Christmas. My hgb remains to stay low. I think we finally have found a new hgb cyclus. (more about later) But I am getting restless again so maybe I try to reach the 500 before 2010. My Exjade tests are set up every 3 months now, so I will ask for an extra one before 2010.  :wink

I must get it low quickly, because I must be able to tell all pkd people of the worldl that chelation really helps!

Offline Bostonian_04

« Reply #344 on: November 02, 2009, 04:23:42 PM »
Zaini,

It is great to know that Litthle Z's ferritin is coming down. Her recent picture is very pretty. You are doing an awsome job managing her Thal.

Dore, it is wonderful to hear that you have lowered your ferritin so well....
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ? - Plato

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk