Hepatitis outbreak in Gujarat

• 3 Replies

Offline Narendra

Hepatitis outbreak in Gujarat
« on: February 21, 2009, 05:13:02 AM »
From:- http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Cities/Ahmedabad/Hepatitis-wreaks-havoc-could-last-for-6-months/articleshow/4164406.cms

This is so sad. I hope no thal catches the Hepatitis virus from donated blood. I can't imagine thals in this area going for blood transfusion with the city in fear due to the virus spreading. If anyone from this area, make sure you get safe blood that is screened for Hepatitis.

It is about time doctor's stop using the same needle over and over again and stop playing with lives of people.

MODASA (SABARKANTHA): With three more deaths being reported on Friday, the hepatitis-B toll in Modasa and adjoining areas of Sabarkantha reached 32 even as 25 more were admitted in hospitals.

As residents were engulfed with a sense of fear and helplessness, there was more bad news from the National Institute of Virology, Pune. Scientists believe that a mutated virus has assumed deadly virulence and affected many more persons than the 100-odd identified cases so far.

Health minister Jay Narayan Vyas told TOI: “The outbreak may take another two to three weeks to taper off. But it may take another six months to wipe it out because the virus takes between 90 to 180 days to manifest itself and damage the defence mechanism of the human body.”

Health officials said detection of the virus is difficult till the infection becomes really virulent. Even a vaccine will have no impact in the latent, infected population.

A massive drive had been launched to inform people that the spread of the disease is not through air or water, but through blood, saliva and secretions from private organs.

Infected needles used by private doctors are being blamed for the spread of the disease and a clampdown has been ordered on suspects. Five more doctors were booked for negligence, taking the tally to 12 in a week. Although 95 per cent of the affected population is from Modasa, stray cases are also coming from adjoining Meghraj.

Offline jade

Re: Hepatitis outbreak in Gujarat
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 08:07:59 AM »
Quote:
Infected needles used by private doctors are being blamed for the spread of the disease.

How can a doctor use the same needle on several patients in this era of HIV, hepatitis.....
Does a needle cost more than the life of an individual?They are definitely not doctors.

Jade

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 06:43:54 PM »
How awful!  Patients go to doctors to alleviate their pain and suffering - not to acquire a life threatening disease due to the doctors negligence and disregard!  I am so sorry to hear this.

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 12:05:24 AM »
its realy sad to hear the news like this ... i sorry to hear this news ... it realy hurt's when you hear the news like this ...

Umair
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk