Rituximab tomorrow

• 130 Replies

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Rituximab tomorrow
« Reply #105 on: May 12, 2009, 07:05:34 PM »
It's looking really good. I hope this means the second round of Ritux is working.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #106 on: May 12, 2009, 09:11:34 PM »
Thank you Andy,
We owe it all to you  :thankyou2

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #107 on: May 12, 2009, 11:28:06 PM »
Wwoooooooooo Sharmin :happydance, i am really soooooooo happy, it always makes me happy hearing good news about our children

manal

:yay :cheer :cheer :cheer

Offline Dori

« Reply #108 on: May 13, 2009, 06:02:45 AM »
I am glad. I had a question: is r. a kind of steriod? Like presnison? Why i ask? I know this medication is used my aplastic anemia patients.

AdiĆ³s, Dore

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #109 on: May 13, 2009, 08:34:53 AM »
That's really really good Sharmin  :hugfriend getting transfusion after 5-6 weeks would be every thal's dream :) I am really happy for Lil A  :hugfriend.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #110 on: May 13, 2009, 02:54:14 PM »
Thank you Manal, Dore and Zaini  :hugfriend
I hope that this continues to be the case. 

Dore, rituximab is not a steroid,  it is a protein which is itself an antibody specific for Bcells (the cells that create antibodies).  I hope that this makes sense.

Sharmin

Sharmin

Offline Dori

« Reply #111 on: May 14, 2009, 07:02:35 AM »
Thank you Manal, Dore and Zaini  :hugfriend
I hope that this continues to be the case. 

Dore, rituximab is not a steroid,  it is a protein which is itself an antibody specific for Bcells (the cells that create antibodies).  I hope that this makes sense.

Sharmin

Si. I found it's used by non-hodgington (spelling) too. It's an interesting medication.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
Update
« Reply #112 on: May 14, 2009, 04:49:25 PM »
Hi friends,
Lil A is waiting for his transfusion.  His ferritin is 1085 and his ALT is down again, it is now 28.  The doc thinks that it may be a good idea to lower his tx volume.  That would help to lower his ferritin level further.  If his ferritin falls below 1000 we can decrease his desferal.  I really hope that we can do that soon.  I also hope that we can eventually give him the max dose of exjade soon and take the desferal away.  My hope is that this time his auto antibodies remain suppressed. 

Before the tx he is having another blood test to confirm the hg (it was 114 on Tuesday).

Thanks again everyone for your support  :hugfriend

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Dori

« Reply #113 on: May 14, 2009, 07:38:57 PM »
GOOD LUCK!!! I hope the tx will go easy and quick? What's the speed? mine is 90ml/h = 3hrs

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #114 on: May 14, 2009, 08:12:38 PM »
Thanks Door.  He is getting blood 90ml/hr as well.  He is getting 413ml of blood today.  So far the tx has gone well.  How are you?  Hope things are better. 
Sharmin

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #115 on: May 14, 2009, 09:12:30 PM »
The blood test today revealed that his hg today is 110 - still really good for 4 weeks post :) Thank god:)
Sharmin

Offline Manal

« Reply #116 on: May 14, 2009, 11:05:20 PM »
Sharmin, why didn't you postpone the transfusion since he was 11????

I am also happy to know about the ferritin, soon he will be under the 1000s :yes

manal

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #117 on: May 14, 2009, 11:56:55 PM »
Hi Manal,
Ideally I would have waited another week or two to transfuse, but at four weeks the docs assumed that his hg would be lower and so they did a crossmatch.  When he is crossmatched they take a lot of blood (because it is harder to find a match for him) - they felt that the 114 hg from Tuesday may have been wrong.  Today the doctor asked for a second blood test to see if the hg was still in the same range - at this time the IV was already on.  When the hg came back as 110 the doctor decided to transfuse 15cc/kg rather than 20cc/kg.  If we waited another week we would have to do another crossmatch and I didn't want them to waste so much blood. 

Hopefully this transfusion will last him 4 weeks or more.  I am pretty happy about things right now.  It is nice to see his ferritin come down even before the transfusion volume and frequency decreased, that is a good sign.  I hope that the ferritin continues to decline.  The lower ALT value also indicates that we can increase his exjade. 

We owe all of this to the support we get on this site!  Thank god we had access to all of this information!

Sharmin
Sharmin

« Reply #118 on: May 15, 2009, 12:14:44 AM »
Great News Sharmin, I can imagine how relieved you must be feeling.

This website definitely making difference in so many ways and what a wonderful group we have.

Regards.

Offline Manal

« Reply #119 on: May 15, 2009, 12:25:10 AM »
Yes i definetly agree :happyyes :happyyes

Hats off to each and every member here :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

manal  :grouphug

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk