platlets issue

• 2 Replies

Offline kabir_love

platlets issue
« on: July 22, 2009, 03:31:20 PM »
hi every1
after a long time i m doin this post , well was not just doin anything a all for a while, hmm now back i guess

well i just need to recheck something with our experts here for my son kabir.

today we had done his 19 the blood trns.  we got cbc report  first thing i want to know is

his PLATLETS  LEVEL IS ALWAYS UP THEN NORMAL  THIS TIME IT IS NOW : 675000.   NOW IS THIS SOMETHING TO WORY NOW , also  anything we should do to control this?

next is hir iron level since 15th bt is always around 1600  but in the last bt it was 2300 and this tiem 2200. my sone is under exjade (asurana) in india for last 6 month , so iron should go down. y did it increase? any reason i should know.

please help me in these two matter so that i should be aware of what is goin through..

hope all are well and good.

been a longtime
regs
micky

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
Re: platlets issue
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 01:16:06 AM »
Micky,

The chelating dose in Asunra is 30mg/kilo, so you have to make sure that you are giving the right dose.

It is normal that ferritin levels increase after starting Asunra cause this means that the iron is being released from the organ into the blood where it will be chelated and taken out of the body and at that time you will find a decrease in the ferritin levels and this could take up to one year, but you have to be sure that Kabir is on the right chelating dose.

When checking ferritin levels, always make sure that Kabir has not been sick for at least two weeks before the test cause when there is an infection, normally ferritin is increased and this is related to the infection not a real reflection of iron overload.

Finally don't forget to use plastic cup and spoon when using Asunra/exjade and it should be taken on empty stomach.

As for the platelets, when do you do the CBC???
If it is done before transfusion, small and irregular red blood cells could be mistaken for platlets, that is why it is advisible to recheck the level of the platlets again to make sure it is not a mistaken with the fragmented red blood cells

manal

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
Re: platlets issue
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 08:42:04 AM »
Praying for Your Son , Mickey !!! :pray

Best  Regards
Umair
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk