about thals inforation

• 2 Replies

Offline VS

about thals inforation
« on: May 27, 2009, 01:58:45 PM »
hello...... i am going to start desirox for my 4 and half year kid as an oral chelaton.. i want to know about experince for some one who used desirox as oral chelaton...what r the prilimnary effects after using desiraox? also want to know is it better than kelfer or not?

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: about thals inforation
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 09:52:43 PM »
Desirox is the same drug as Exjade, Asunra and Osveral. It is a good chelator but should be started slowly as there are some initial side effects in many patients that can be minimized if the patient starts at a low dose and works up to the required dose.

No studies have yet been done comparing Kelfer and Exjade. Exjade may be a bit easier for a young child to take as it is a tablet that is dissolved in water or juice.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
Re: about thals inforation
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 04:32:37 PM »
Hi VS,

First of all start with a small dose,so that body will have time adjusting with the drug,can you tell us whats your child's weight and how much is the ferritin?
Things that are needed to monitor while on desirox are,
Liver function ( SGPT)
Renal function (Serum Creatinine)
These are very important levels to be monitored as desirox can effect them sometimes,give him plenty of fluids,avoid giving any calcium supplement before or after three hours of taking desirox.always use plastic cup and spoon to disperse the tablet ,never use any metal cup or spoon.

Hope this helps.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk