Does Anyone Know the Cost of PGD and IVF in India?

• 2 Replies

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Does Anyone Know the Cost of PGD and IVF in India?
« on: June 22, 2009, 06:15:06 PM »
Does anyone have an approximate cost for PGD (preimplantation genetic diagnosis) and IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) in India? I need the info for a friend in Maldives.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
Re: Does Anyone Know the Cost of PGD and IVF in India?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 07:57:52 AM »
Hi Andy,

I don't know about India,but i just called Concept Fertility Center ( affiliated with Perth Australia) in Karachi and they told me that approx cost of IVF would be 2 lacs 25 thousand PKR.And they are not doing PGD right now,but they do PGS,and it costs 80000 PKR,when i explained about thalassemia and how a couple would want to have PGD,they said come and meet our experts and if we can do something with help of our Perth center we would be happy to.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline zahra

Re: Does Anyone Know the Cost of PGD and IVF in India?
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 12:24:49 PM »
I just wanted to make something clear so others dont get a setback like I did. We were in the final stages of starting PGD in Jordan when we found out they only do PGD and not HLA. This means you can get a thal- free child but not an HLA matched one.
If you are a thal trait couple looking for a thal-free child go for IVF+PGD but if you wish to cure a sibling in the process you really need the HLA also so IVF+PGD+HLA.

Zahra

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk