Financial assistance for Bone marrow transpant

• 19 Replies

Offline Ambika

Financial assistance for Bone marrow transpant
« on: July 09, 2009, 11:15:11 AM »
Dear all

Ambika is back  A good new is that Dr. Mammen chandy has given final date for her bone marrow transplant ie. 1st  Aug 2009 . Everything is now final according to hime both donor and patient are healthy and AMbika is in class I category and her chances of success are 85%.

My request to you all is that Please Pray for her that she get from this successful.

One more request  please help us financially  also becuase total cost of BMT 12,00000 the cost estimation that have given till now we have only Rs 4,00000 . So I  request you My friends
to Please help us  So that One more thal AMbika who is just 2.5 years old can lead normal life like any other .

Attaching Ambika latest photo

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
Re: Financial assistance for Bone marrow transpant
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 06:14:20 PM »
Hi,

Your daughter looks happy and healthy,i hope you have weighed the pros and cons of a BMT,I hope doctors have informed you about what it would be like.

Best of luck for your little angel. :goodluck

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline samyuktha

• We will Emerge as Winners in Life.
  • We will overcome all the hurdles in Life.
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 05:47:18 AM »
HI ,

I shall definitely pray for your daughter,Ambika.

By the way you have mentioned BMT cost at CMC as Rs.12,00,000.
Did you get the estimation for 1 child or two children.
As far as i know the cost of BMT at CMC vellore is Rs.6,00,000 with Rs.2,00,000 in Buffer.
So total cost should be Rs,8,00,000.

Kindly keep us updated with your daughter's progress post TRANSPLANT.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.
GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

S.Vijayalakshmi

Offline Ambika

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 07:58:45 AM »

Dear

They have give us the estimate  i.e. Rs. 800000  and in case of complications  Rs. 400000 more  to keep

IF  any one know any of the agency who can help us in this regard please help us

We can even give you the copies of estimates that they given to us officially .

My no is 9811971982

regards
Ambika

Offline Dori

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 11:49:37 AM »
Hello,

I wanted to ask if you have any idea how to get family and friends up to date? I know a wonderful thing for that. You can start your own page (blog) at www.carepages.com
it's an American initiative, but it's for everyone in the world.
There you can also search on words and find other families to deal with this and to find support to each other.

Just a thought! I have no other connection with this except that a follow around 25 pages.

What ever you decided, I hope you can get us up to date.

All the best, Dore

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 02:05:18 PM »
Dear Ambika,

I pray that everything will go well with your daughter.  As Zaini said, I hope that you have made this decision after weighing all of your information.  Our thoughts and prayers are with you, please keep us posted about her progress throughout the procedure.

Best wishes,
Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline maha

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2009, 06:28:02 AM »
Hi
 I was thinking of both Ambika and Mohanish, as both of you were planning a bmt around august. I pray that things go well for both the little kids.

maha

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2010, 01:34:44 PM »
Sub: Grant of financial assistance for taking medical treatment.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I, Mr. Ajinkya Nahar, from Pune, request you to grant financial assistance for Bone Marrow Transplant treatment for my baby daughter Ms. Anushree Ajinkya Nahar as she is suffering from Thalassemia Major disease which is a genetic blood disorder. The Bone Marrow Transplant cost would be approx. Rs. 10,00,000/- (Rupees Ten lakh).

I can provide the copy of detailed certificate/estimate given by the doctor, from the Grant Medical Foundation, Sasson Road, Pune-411001 where the transplant is planned.

I kindly request you to please provide the needful financial help.

Thanking you,

Yours faithfully,
 Ajinkya Nahar
(contact email  - ajinkyanahar@gmail.com
contact mobile - 9370147208 )

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2010, 06:00:01 PM »
We are not a financial aid group. I wish you well but we can barely get enough donations to pay our annual website fees.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2011, 05:54:47 AM »
Dear  friends,

I will like to inform you that the Bone Marrow Transplant admission / process will start on 15 Jan 2011.

The cheque/dd for donation/help should be sent in the name of Grant Medical Foundation, Pune,  Reg No / Ac No. - 1150012 (which is the hospital patient reg no.. for deposit money..)

Or following are the bank account details where you can trasnfer money online -

NAME: ANUSHREE AJINKYA NAHAR
BANK NAME: HDFC Bank LTD.
SAVINGS ACCOUNT NO.: 01851460003560
BRANCH: PUNE-NIGDI
BRANCH ADDRESS - PLOT NO 1, SECTOR 27A, PRADHIKARAN, NIGDI,PUNE-411044,MAHARASHTRA
IFSC code: HDFC0000185
MICR CODE: 411240010
SWIFT CODE: HDFCINBBXXX

Thank you in advance.

Offline Madhavi

• Mohanish....a divine blessing!
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2011, 05:27:57 AM »
Dear Ajinkyanahar,

Wish you all the best for the procedure....
Our best wishes are always with you....

Regards,
Madhavi
Love and luck to all...

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2011, 10:55:28 AM »
i have a baby 10year old boy suffering from t/major blood transfussion start from after 8 month of his bon now i can discuss to bonmarrow transplant of our baby can you guide me where in india his treatment 100% posssiable or what is the total cost today & any orgnigation donate or sponer the 75% cost of bonmarrow.advise us urgently please thanks in advance

Offline Narendra

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2011, 03:20:12 PM »
Hemant,

Thalassemia is not as fatal as it used to be. There has been tremendous advances in the management of Thalassemia and Thals have crossed the age of 50 and I even read the story of a thal reaching 60.

In response to your question, there are multiple centers in India that do BMT and the cost/success ratio (as anyone would guess) is different for each case. The 1st step towards BMT is to find a matching donor. CMC Vellore is one center I know where a lot of BMT have been done. Although, the guru of BMT at CMC has left the hospital and moved to Tata Medical Center. Regarding the cost breakdown - it is roughly around 12-15 lac rupees but again with different cases, there are changes in the cost.

Here are few links that will help you get some information on the basics of BMT.

What is involved in obtaining a bone marrow transplant for thalassemia major?
The biggest obstacle is finding the donor for the transplantation. Since beta thalassemia major is no longer considered a fatal disease, criteria for donation differs from the criteria for BMT for a patient with a fatal disease such as cancer. Usually a patient suffering from cancer is given very toxic chemotherapy to kill the cancer cells and then is "rescued" from the chemotherapy with a bone marrow transplant. In the case of thalassemia, the goal of the chemotherapy is to remove most or all of the blood forming cells (stem cells) from the recipient and replace them with donor stem cells in order to repopulate the bone marrow space and make new, normal blood cells. In a cancer patient, the 'best' (genotypic) match is used for the transplant. In a b thalassemia major patient, the match must be the 'perfect' (HLA-identical) match. The closest perfect match is usually a sibling who has the same antigenic makeup (is HLA identical to the recipient) as the individual who has thalassemia. There is only a one in four chance a sibling will have the required immunologic criteria for a bone marrow donation. There are many children who have thalassemia who have no siblings or no siblings who are HLA-identical for donation.

Generally speaking, the younger the recipient, the more optimistic the outcome. The Lucarelli Staging System is based on the amount of liver damage sustained as a consequence of iron overload from chronic transfusion therapy and the adequacy of Desferal chelation therapy. The staging includes evaluations of liver size, the schedule and compliance of desferrioxamine therapy, and liver biopsy (in children over 3 years) to determine whether or not there has been microscopic liver damage.

Risks of BMT and CBT :  http://www.thalassemiapatientsandfriends.com/index.php/topic,2919.0

Transplant Experience of a family : http://www.thalassemiapatientsandfriends.com/index.php/topic,3125.0

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2011, 06:43:57 AM »
how many risk percentage in bonmarrow out of 100% & ist is total time spend in this process like one month two month six month or one year

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2011, 06:44:39 AM »
please guide me

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk