Baby is here!

• 10 Replies
Baby is here!
« on: July 17, 2009, 01:16:49 AM »
I've written in an earlier post about fertility treatment for Thal patients.  I'm a Thal major patient and I wanted to let you all know that I had my baby on May 13th.  I had a successful fertility treatment experience and was blessed to have a healthy pregnancy.  The C-section went smoothly and now we have a beautiful baby girl.  When she's 6 months we'll have to get her tested to see if she has Thal.  The doctors said she'll just have the trait because my husband doesn't have the Thal gene at all.  Since I haven't been on Desferol for 10 months now, I'm heading to my doctor next week to check my ferritin level , heart, and to check the iron levels in my heart and liver.  Please keep us all in your prayers. 

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Baby is here!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 01:50:34 AM »
 :congrats

It doesn't normally take long to catch back up on chelation after pregnancy. The body uses more iron during pregnancy so it does slow the buildup a bit. And of course, the child of a major will carry the gene, so your child will be a minor.

If you're willing to share your experience, I know there are quite a few young women in our group who are also majors and want to conceive a child and want to know more about what's involved in getting pregnant and how long it takes.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Lena

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 07:03:34 AM »
I wish you every happiness for you and your baby! Take care of yourself as you have more to think of now.

Lena.

Offline Tedi

• my girl
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 08:31:34 AM »
Congatulations! Wish to u and ur all baby the best be happy :cheer :heartred

Offline Alia

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 10:43:36 AM »
congratualations on the arrival of your baby

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 01:50:02 PM »
Congratulations on the new baby arrival. This gives hope to many of us who have thal major children.
Regards.

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2009, 03:04:41 PM »
Congratulations dear  :hugfriend you are an inspiration

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2009, 09:09:33 PM »
 Thanks for all your sweet comments.  Andy, I would love to help anyone out by sharing my experience.  You had originally referred me to someone on this site when I was thinking about getting pregnant.  She shared her experience with me and it helped me out, so I want to help others as well.

Offline jade

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2009, 06:57:51 AM »
Congratulations for your baby.

Take care of the baby and of yourself.  It is so nice to hear such good news. Congratulations again.

Jade

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2009, 08:35:41 PM »
Congratulations on your new arrival!!

Sharmin

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2009, 03:01:37 AM »
Congratulations my dear. Praying for you and your family all the best :hugfriend

manal

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk