Ordering Exjade in Canada

• 46 Replies
Re: Ordering Exjade in Canada
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2009, 01:19:37 PM »
Hi Sharmin

You are welcome. We are really glad that the situation is moving in the positive direction. We sincerely hope you win the appeal.

Regards
Regards.

Offline Narendra

Re: Ordering Exjade in Canada (Mail Order)
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2009, 05:47:45 PM »
Sharmin,

Don't know if the option of mail order is good in your case. In US, companies like Express Script, save money for a lot of people who are on regular medicine providing the prescription to the patient through mail. The mail order prescription companies send 3 month medicine for the cost of 1 month co-payment. Of course, the insurance company should pay the rest.

A quick search showed Canada Drug as an option and I do see Exjade is available.
Website - http://www.canadadrugs.com
Phone: 1-800-226-3784

Hope it helps,
-Narendra

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2009, 05:56:32 PM »
Thank you Narendra,

We will definitely look into this :)

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2009, 06:07:40 PM »
Our doctor had appealed Blue Cross's decision - but the appeal was rejected  :(  They still insist that we have not proven a contraindication to desferal  :wah :wah  I am so distressed.

Sharmin
Sharmin

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2009, 07:05:12 PM »
Hi Sharmin,

The contraindication to desferal is essential in your case. Your doctor has to prove that desferal side effects is effecting Little Mr. A's health to a much higher degree than normal (we had to build the same case for little Miss A). It is for the doctor to build sufficient evidence to prove such a case. I am not sure what was presented by your doctor to the blue cross, the proof needs to be strong. My only suggestion for now is to talk to your doctor and ask for the basis of the appeal (proof of contraindication) to desferal. If there is sufficient evidence in your doctor opinion, take your case to next level (file the lawsuit) against blue cross.

In the interest of time, you may want to continue with desferal or import Asunra (atleast six months supply) from South Asia (lot cheaper option) or buy exjade from here.

You know it is all about the money, desferal is free in Canada (covered as part of universal health care system) and exjade is not covered as such. The insurance companies knowing that desferal is a free option, resists the approval of exjade (a lot expensive drug) and demands contraindication to desferal.

Regards.

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2009, 05:05:24 AM »
Sharmin,

I hope this issue resolves somehow very soon,of course its distressing,Lil A is doing so well with exjade and who would wanna go back needle pricking every night,rest be assured you are in my prayers always. :hugfriend

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2009, 10:15:14 AM »
Sharmin, hope we can be of any help in this situation :(, please keep us updated

manal

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2009, 02:13:14 AM »
Dear Friends,

We have some good news on this front.  My husband's work insurance (he began a new job this month) has covered the exjade completely.  This is great for us.  I do hope to push Blue Cross though because I know that there are many families in the area who are not able to get exjade because Blue Cross has rejected their claims.  I also hope that the Canadian govt will pick up some of the cost of exjade, as it does for desferal.

Thanks to everyone for their support,

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2009, 03:03:14 AM »
Thanks Sharmin for sharing this good news :hugfriend, wish you and the other families all the success in your trails. Try to get many reports from differnt doctors that support your claim so they can be convienced

Good luck dear and congratulations
manal
 :congrats

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2009, 03:16:27 AM »
Sharmin,

This is a topic that should be brought up at the patient portions of the conference. Perhaps we can find some advice to give to others to help them in the never-ending battles with insurance companies.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2009, 05:49:46 PM »
Thats great to hear :yes and a big relief  :hugfriend
^*^Xaini^*^

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2009, 06:32:56 PM »
Great News Sharmin. Congratulations.
Regards.

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2009, 08:10:33 AM »
Wow...... Great News , Sharmin... i m glad to hear that the probleme is solved  .. :congrats ..

Best Regards
Umair
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2009, 12:10:02 PM »
as i said before i am a farmancy-seller in greece with not so good spoken english  :-\
if you want cheaper exjade send me email to andreas_hotmail.com.
i know that there is big problem with the prices of the medicine because my husband take exjade 500mg

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2009, 12:11:06 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk