Homeopathic Medication for Immune system (antibodies)

• 8 Replies

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
Homeopathic Medication for Immune system (antibodies)
« on: October 04, 2009, 05:50:53 PM »
In late August my dad introduced lil A to an naturopathic doctor - the doctor's father is a very well known doctor in India.  After assessing lil A, he and his dad did some research for a few weeks.  Lil A is now taking homeopathic medication to regulate his immune system so that his immune system is neither under or over active. 

He takes a single dose of Psorinum before starting his meds.  He takes Placebs 35 in the morning and 30 at night.  (I may have the spelling of the second med wrong). 

Does anyone know anything else about these meds?

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Lena

Re: Homeopathic Medication for Immune system (antibodies)
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 04:56:19 PM »
Sharmin,

of course I do not know anything about these drugs, but I would be very reluctant to try homeopathic medication in general, since we consume so many other supplements and vitamins and medication. But that is only my opinion. If you believe that these drugs do any good, at least contact your physician first, in case there are any contradictions with the rest of the medication.

Lena.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 06:14:26 PM »
Lena,

Thank you kindly for your response  :hugfriend  I agree, as it is lil A is on exjade and many supplements - I don't want him to have contraindications.  I have apprehensions as well about these homeopathic meds, that's why I was hoping maybe somebody may know more about them.  Little A has been doing quite well with the antibody issue for a while now, the antibody screen has been showing up negative, however on September 24th it was detected again - I hope that it was just the once - but I panicked a little because I don't know what we would have to do if the antibody appeared again.  Oakland strongly advised against using ritux again.  That is why we turned to homeopathic in hopes that something would prevent the antibody from rising again. 

Hopefully we will get some answers in New York later this month. 

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Lena

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 05:06:26 AM »

I fully understand you, Sharmin. I may have done the same trying to control this antibody issue.
I was just wondering: do thal experts support homeopathic medication for us? that would be interesting to know. Let's wait for New York.

Lena.

Offline Tedi

• my girl
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 06:17:07 PM »
Hi from me, about homeopathy i was taking (year ago) Ferrum metallicum 9 CH form BIRON 3 grains at the morning, Ferrum metallicum 15 CH again 3 grains at the morning.
These are for HGB.

Offline maha

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 04:03:23 AM »
Hi Tedi
I hope you have stopped taking ferrum metallicum as it is a most widely used iron supplement in homeopathy usually administered when there is iron deficiency anemia.

take care
maha

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 04:36:10 AM »
Hi Tedi
I hope you have stopped taking ferrum metallicum as it is a most widely used iron supplement in homeopathy usually administered when there is iron deficiency anemia.

take care
maha

Totally agree,anything containing the formula "ferrum or ferrous" will contain iron.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2009, 05:04:26 AM »
Please read this link, we had a similar disccusion some time ago about  '' Can Homeopathy Bring Additional Benefits to Thalassemic Patients on Hydroxyurea'' 

http://www.thalassemiapatientsandfriends.com/index.php?topic=1685.0;highlight=hydroxyurea

manal

Offline Tedi

• my girl
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2009, 07:14:10 AM »
Yes i stopped it, it was an year ago.:-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk