Successful spleen removal......

• 4 Replies

Offline baal

• to be or not to be
Successful spleen removal......
« on: October 12, 2006, 06:43:19 AM »
Dear All,

Yesterday Baal asked me to inform you, that after several weeks of strong pain and suffering, his spleen has been removed last Friday !!! The doc confirmed, that his spleen was the largest he has ever seen - he could not tell us the inches but the weight: approx. 5 kg !!

Baal is in hospital again since mid of September and first the docs tried an embolisation of more than half of the spleen and necrosised it. However, this failed and he had strong pain and unlikely complications... The whole body, especially the belly area was full of water (azsite) and the last days before the surgery, he had the feeling to explode... At least we found one prof, who was willing to risk the surgery - they were all concerned as he was weak and due to the thal, heart and lungs diseases, his is suffering.....
We have to admit that we are very very happy about this positive outcome of the surgery and thankful, that all went well. :biggrin

Now we all pray and hope, that he will recover very soon.

Details to be given his end, once he is feeling better - as he is currently not able to move and most of time in bed.

Bye from Frankfurt,
Manda on behalf of Panos & family

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Successful spleen removal......
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 06:51:03 AM »
Manda,

Thanks so much for the update on Baal. Tell Panos that we wish him a speedy recovery and are very happy to hear that the surgery went well. The size of his spleen may well explain his excessive consumption of blood.

Get well soon, my friend.  :getwell
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 07:32:40 AM »
Dear Baal,

Wishing you a speedy recovery! :getwell

Take care, Peace!
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline sahil

• Thal Major
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 09:25:14 AM »
Wish u a fast recovery Baal....! waitin for u to write at the forum posts..... :getwell
My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.

Offline namitha

• Drop of Life!
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 02:29:50 PM »
Hi,

Here is wishing Baal a speedy recovery. I am glad Baal is through with the surgery.

Regards,
Namitha
You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.

Max Ehrmann's Desiderata

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk