Hi!

• 3 Replies

Offline riya

Hi!
« on: August 03, 2006, 11:19:55 AM »
Hi Everyone!
                  I wanted to know that what daily suppliments should we thal majors take to stay healthy
I take folvite and calcium daily.Do I need to take any other suppliments ?

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
Re: Hi!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 05:06:52 AM »
Hello, The best vitamins that you can get and should take are from fresh and healthy diet. I am not much enthusiastic about taking unnecessary pills. However the recommended for Thals. is simply Folic Acid and Vitamin C (if you are regular on Desferal).

Well, if you really want supplements, then make sure you read it's contents and void the ones containing Iron. There is a good one available here in Pakistan called ViDaylin-T (For Teens) in form of pink pills. It has a nice set of vitamins and no Iron. See if it is available in your market.

Take care!
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 06:42:56 AM »
We have a thread discussing vitamin and mineral supplementation in thals at

http://www.thalassemiapatientsandfriends.com/index.php?topic=118.0

The bodies of thals undergo many stresses. It is impossible through diet alone to get the optimal amount of nutrients, such as vitamin E and folic acid. The maximum amout of Vitamin C a thal should take daily is 250 mg. Please also note that calcium should be taken along with magnesium and Vitamin D.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline namitha

• Drop of Life!
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 02:33:48 PM »
Hi,

Some calcium supplements like shelcal and rocalitrol also have Vitamin D as one of the components. Thalassemics are recommended to have an adequate protein intake. This can be got from the diet itself and do make it a point to include a calcium rich diet (if you dont have liver problems).

Regards,
Namitha
You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.

Max Ehrmann's Desiderata

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk