Mohanish and his transplant

• 281 Replies

Offline Narendra

Re: Mohanish and his transplant
« Reply #150 on: December 08, 2009, 11:13:33 PM »
Just talked with Madhavi to wish Mohanish a happy birthday from all of us. She has Thanked all for wishing.

Mohanish is doing fine. He is still in Isolation due to some infection found in the spleen. He is on antibiotics due to this. Mo's HB level is around 9.7. Other than that Madhavi mentioned things are going OK.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 04:34:28 PM by Narendra »

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #151 on: December 09, 2009, 12:14:59 AM »
Thanks Narendra for sharing the news

I wish Mo a speedy recovery

manal

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #152 on: December 09, 2009, 05:46:12 AM »
Thanks for the update Narendra, i texted here a couple of times but didn't get a reply so i was hoping that everything is well and she must be busy with Mo,glad to hear he is doing fine and hope that infection will go away soon.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Keep Smiling

« Reply #153 on: December 09, 2009, 06:23:10 AM »
May infection say Good-bye very soon

Abbas

Offline Prets

« Reply #154 on: December 09, 2009, 01:51:59 PM »
Hoping Mo feels better soon, good to hear about the BMT.

Prayers and Bless ..  :-)
Symptomatic Beta Thal Minor.

Offline Madhavi

• Mohanish....a divine blessing!
« Reply #155 on: December 10, 2009, 07:39:49 AM »
dear freinds
thanks  to u all and ur prayers mohanish is doing fine  now  his wbc  count is  5.16  today ,hb is 99,plt is 127 and rbc  3.83
his  infection  is  also under   control  we had  to  do a pet scan last week since  his crp  level  was  higher that 5 (its c reacting  protien in the body  from which the  docs know if there is  any infection hidden inside the body  )it was almost 15 ,  his   his  bacteria culture report showed no bacterial infection,also we had  done the  ct scan but  could  not find any thing .
so the doc advised  the pet scan which was an expensive affair, after the pet scan they  found some  inflamation in the  spleen  the drs say its very minor one  and they have  started  penicillin  drug at a lower dosage level  on the 8th  after that his crp level as of  today is  is  4.8 which his  good  news and his parameters are also normal  so i guess its  just matter of  days he will be  discharged,
mo is back to his  usual naughty side which  makes me feel very very happy and elated with joy ,i and  my family will be thank full to u all for all ur prayers ,thank u narendra  for calling   thanks  zaini  for ur updates to every one ,its  just a miracle  happened in my life and  god had  send this  lovely angel in  form of  masumi  to cure his brother ,i was  so happy to know the result when  dr li broke the news  about 100% success engrafment of xx gene in his body ,i really believe  miracles can happen if u are true to  god  and ur self ,mo is  shifted form the isolation  ward to the previous normal ward he was admitted

thanks once again to u all and  will keep u posted from now on  ,from  my experience bmt is a difficult process but its worth giving a try to all parents who wants to go for their  child,   it was a very difficult   decision for us also to do it for our  son  but then we were optimistic about it that nothing bad  can happen  to him and all  will be well .we had  our  share of highs and lows in the hospital but  all in all it was  worth ,and he was treated  with able  hands of  dr li and his  team

hearfelt  thanks to all u freinds from me  and my family
Love and luck to all...

Offline Keep Smiling

« Reply #156 on: December 10, 2009, 09:03:42 AM »
its too good to hear that Mo is doing well.......
i agree that miracles do happen in this world.........
Take care of Mo.....

Abbas

Offline Prets

« Reply #157 on: December 10, 2009, 12:43:57 PM »
This is great news!

:-)

Symptomatic Beta Thal Minor.

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #158 on: December 10, 2009, 03:12:07 PM »
Hi ya Manoj Mass,
its  nice to hear that everything is fine y now n going fine ... i hope n wish that he will b cured 100% .. always praying for him .. may God bless him with all the luck n everything :) ..

Best REgards
Umair
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #159 on: December 10, 2009, 05:16:56 PM »
Madhavi,

I am really really glad to hear about Mo,can't express it in words, :hugfriend

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #160 on: December 10, 2009, 07:19:15 PM »
Madhavi,

You can not imagine how happy i am. Though we were all encourging you from the time you entered the hospital, i was so afraid too and anxious cause Mo is like my son and usually BMT results could not be predictable. I used to wait for your posts and sometimes afraid to read them lest i find anything wrong.

But now, thanks God the BMT has succeeded and Mo has a new life to begin and you too as his parents won't have anything to worry inshallah. I am so happy for you and for your family and mostly for Mo, he is a fighter. Sincere congratulations from the heart to you my friend and to your family

manal
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 10:51:55 PM by Manal »

Offline Madhavi

« Reply #161 on: December 11, 2009, 02:26:49 AM »
thanks  manal ,zaini umair,abbas ,preety,narendra   and all our  freind thank u so much   for ur r prayers and encouraging   words   we really appreciate it ,i and my   my wife are  so much  thank full to u  angels  out there
 we  used  to tell mohanish  about our extented  family (u all  ) about  how much they care   for u and love u , and iam  sure  he   would  want to meet u all,
the docs have still  not stopped the antibiotic  which  they will in a day  or  2  after monitering his crp level ,
after  starting penicillin his  crp level was  down from 8.7  to  4.8 yesterday ,will wait for todays  results
mohanish is  so much  longing to  go home  and meet his littel sister masumi  ,also give me a tight hug...
but  i told him to be a little  more patient till the docs make  him   more  stronger,like  bat man and  spider man
yesterday i gave  him one of  his  favourite  toy batman and  his  mobike,  he  was  so much happy
 another bigger  bat man  toy  awaits him at home i i told him cause the drs  wont   allow  too many of them

thanks  freinds  once again will keep u posted
manoj
Love and luck to all...

Offline Madhavi

« Reply #162 on: December 13, 2009, 04:02:56 AM »
hi freinds
mohanish is  doing fine 
docs have atsrted antivirals since  11th dec   will continue for 7   days  and after  that  they will moniter his  condition and discharge him
penicillin they will continue till tomorrow and then  discontinue since his crp level is 3.8 now  which is at the  lower level

mohanish has given his  love to all

bye  for now

manoj
Love and luck to all...

Offline Keep Smiling

« Reply #163 on: December 13, 2009, 05:22:09 AM »
Glad to hear good news that Mo is fine!

Abbas

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #164 on: December 13, 2009, 05:35:53 AM »
It's great to see things progressing nicely. Looking forward to reading that he's going home.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk