Is there a substitute for the taste of lemon?

• 4 Replies

Offline bopbopdedoup

Is there a substitute for the taste of lemon?
« on: October 20, 2009, 08:59:47 PM »
My son LOVES lemon and we eat lemon with everything. This may sound gross but he even puts it in his tomato soups. The thing is now that we found out he shouldn't have lemon juice; what can he have to give it that taste, but not interfere with the iron in his body? :huh

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Is there a substitute for the taste of lemon?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 09:25:55 PM »
There is only about 30 mg of vitamin C in one whole lemon. This is not a concern and should not be avoided. Thals are deficient in vitamin C, but can't take a lot daily. However, thals can safely consume 100-250 mg vitamin C daily depending on their weight.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 09:59:48 PM »
I also would like to add that when vitamin C is heated, it breaks and loses its properties

manal

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 05:48:11 AM »
I agree with Andy and Manal,Vitamin C is important and its deficiency can lead to bruises,which i saw two of them on my daughter's legs just today :( and unfortunately she doesn't like lemons or any citrus fruits,she is taking 50 mg Vitamin C in her multivitamin daily,but still its not enough i guess  :dunno .

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline bopbopdedoup

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 04:34:25 PM »
That is great to hear because I have felt guilty taking away every part of his joy in food.  The funny thing is Dimitri is the only person (even I am as bad as the rest) who eats the healthiest in the household, and I have to change his diet, so that part is a relief. Thanks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk