Welcome Samir and His New Daughter

• 5 Replies

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Welcome Samir and His New Daughter
« on: October 25, 2009, 05:33:32 AM »
I want to give a special welcome to Samir, a new dad that I met at the NYC conference. I believe that if he hasn't yet joined, that he soon will.

I met Samir the first day of the conference and learned that he has a brand new baby daughter born less than 3 weeks ago. His little girl is thal major and Samir came to the conference looking for help. I made sure that he met the fine people at the Cooley's Anemia Foundation and made a special point of introducing him to Dr Vichinsky. Dr Vichinsky gave him some advice that is very important and applies to many dads of new babies with thal. He told him to bond with his child. There is a great tendency for dads to become somewhat obsessed with finding out how to treat or possibly cure their child, that they forget the very basic thing of bonding with their new bundle of joy. He told him that when he goes back home, he should hold that baby and really bond. This is just as important as the treatment and many dads get so caught up in trying to help the medical condition, that they lose sight of the fact that they're brand new dads. This is great advice and the Dr thanked me for bringing Samir to meet him. This one little incident would have made this conference a success from my point of view, as Samir will leave this conference a changed man with a whole new outlook. To be part of this makes all the work worth it to me.

Samir, I hope you will continue to go forward with the same strong commitment to your child and please give her a hug from me.  :hugfriend
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline KHALIFA

• ONE FOR ALL AND ALL FOR ONE
Re: Welcome Samir and His New Daughter
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 12:33:36 PM »
Mr Samir
  our hand will be with you for any advice or any question a,, am from kuwait i used to have a thalas. boy but now he know as X thalas. major boy after i made for him BMT in Italy in 2005 ,,,,, Dear Samir be sure we are going to be with you like your shadow and be sure we feel what you feel but don't loose your hope ...
     khalifa
 state of kuwait
RED_PILOT

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 12:54:59 PM »
A big welcome to Samir and his new baby

manal

:welcomewagon :welcome2

Offline Dori

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 02:25:26 PM »
Welcome Dad Samir and his New Daughter. Welcome on board. We're here to help and support each other!

:welcomewagon :welcome

Dore
p.s. not thal, but pyruvate kinase deficiƫncy. Other cause, (almost) same treatment

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 09:30:41 PM »
 Sameer ,
 :welcome2

Umair
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 05:49:54 AM »
Welcome :)
^*^Xaini^*^

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk